New PSW505 extreme static

Just bought a PSW505 (yes I know it is an older model but it is new in the box). I followed all installation guidelines. As soon as I put power to it there was an extreme static sound. And when I say EXTREME I mean unusable. I adjusted EVERYTHING in an effort to stop the noise to no avail. I replaced a really old 150W Sony Sub hooked up exactly the same to the same equipment and never had the slightest hum, crackle, or static. PLEASE tell me someone has a solution! Thank you!!! Oh yea, it's LFE.

Comments

• mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,144
    Try using other inputs, different wall outlets, different settings, etc. Then, give Polk CS a call, they can get it sorted out for you.
    Not Tom, or Trey, or Jim
    NAD C352
    Monitor Audio Radius R90’s/Mission Freedom 770 IV
    BJC speaker cables, generic RCA’s, one homemade power cable, because that’s going to do any good with the rest of the generic ones.
    Technics SL3200 turntable and a Shure M97xE phono cartridge
    Velodyne VA-907 subwoofer
    Lafayette LR-1100 acting as a tuner and phono.
    I've always thought the goal of high end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.