Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    mlistens03 wrote: »

The jealousy is strong...
    That’s awesome. What kind of cart is that? Looks a bit like the Ortofon somethin’ or other, can’t remember the specific model. The long and thin cartridge.
    Ortofon Night Club.

7sxhvcx3kcic.jpg

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Micah I've had these two turntables for 18 years, never been serviced. They still work exactly the same as the day I bought them for $500 each.

This is the stylus: https://www.ortofon.com/stylus-nightclub-e-p-250
    That’s awesome. What kind of cart is that? Looks a bit like the Ortofon somethin’ or other, can’t remember the specific model. The long and thin cartridge.

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Micah I've had these two turntables for 18 years, never been serviced. They still work exactly the same as the day I bought them for $500 each.

This is the stylus: https://www.ortofon.com/stylus-nightclub-e-p-250

Don't make them like they used to.
    Nice turntable, and nice cartridge. The jealousy is getting stronger by the minute... :wink:
  • Clipdat
    I've only ever owned these Ortofon Night Club E carts, and Shure White Label carts. They both sounded really good to me, so I'm of course skeptical that a pricier cartridge could sound even better.

I'm scared to go down the cartridge rabbit hole haha :)
  • mlistens03
    I've only ever owned these Ortofon Night Club E carts, and Shure White Label carts. They both sounded really good to me, so I'm of course skeptical that a pricier cartridge could sound even better.

I'm scared to go down the cartridge rabbit hole haha :)

I know what you mean, cause my Shure sounds mighty fine to me, but how much better does it get? I eventually want to get myself an Ortofon 2M Blue, to see if it makes much a difference. But I unfortunately have a lot of things to upgrade before my cart, so it’ll have to wait.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    If you were to try something new, I suggest looking at the nagaoka mp110 like I have. Hard to beat for the money and reviews put it close to that 540 for 1/3 the price.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    Yes. SL-1200 Mk2. I have two of them ;)

Ah, but do you have a microphone?

;)

https://youtu.be/EPfmNxKLDG4
  • mlistens03
    My grandpa found this at his friends house, who didn’t want it, so he gave it to me. Sony STR-D715. 2 channel integrated, which seems to have surround and center channels just for marketing reasons, as there are no specs or anything for anything but the main channels.100 WPC @ 0.3% THD. So the speakers are quiet. But the receiver hums rather loudly, making up for the THD almost from the Technics. :wink:
    Either way, it actually sounds quite nice, and I think it’ll stick around a while.
    7pudi5a4a5mx.jpg
  • joecoulson
    Did you get the Millenium Falcon too?!? :smile:
  • mlistens03
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Did you get the Millenium Falcon too?!? :smile:

I’ve had that for 2 years now. Built it myself, it was a kit but I didn’t use the instructions. :smile: I’m a bit of a Star Wars nerd, and I enjoy building LEGOs. But I don’t buy LEGO anymore, unless there is something I really want (like the Millenium Falcon.)
    I am thinking about getting the new Apollo rocket set, but I probably won’t get it, because I could use that money for things audio.
  • joecoulson
    I love me some Star Wars. Was only 4 when the original came out, but I am a fan of every one of them since.
    The best movies for surround sound.
  • mlistens03
    joecoulson wrote: »
    I love me some Star Wars. Was only 4 when the original came out, but I am a fan of every one of them since.
    The best movies for surround sound.

I watched Rogue one in 5.2, and it was incredible. Very much enjoyed that.
    What have you thought of the new movies? 7 was pretty good, and I rather liked Rogue one and 8. Not as much as the original trilogy though.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited August 2018
    How in the world did you build that without instructions?!

Did it come in 20 pieces or 300? I'm going to the web to check a kit out now. Come on...I'm very adapt at figuring things out for the most part, but I'd never in my lifetime figure out how to put that together without these instructions. Your one bright engineer if you figured it out yourself. ;)
    http://lego.brickinstructions.com/m/lego_instructions/set/75105/Millennium_Falcon
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mlistens03
    Tony M wrote: »
    How in the world did you build that without instructions?!

Did it come in 20 pieces or 300? I'm going to the web to check a kit out now. Come on...I'm very adapt at figuring things out for the most part, but I'd never in my lifetime figure out how to put that together without these instructions. Your one bright engineer if you figured it out yourself. ;)
    http://lego.brickinstructions.com/m/lego_instructions/set/75105/Millennium_Falcon

Most of all of the structure is visible through the pictures on the box, only the interior was difficult because it is really tight inside and hard to get into. That would’ve been hard with or without instructions though.
    IIRC, the set is around 1300 pieces. This isn’t the new big one, it is the model that came out about a month before episode 7. Realistically, the set is really around 500, and there is just a lot of tiny details which contribute to the piece count. The frame is very simple, and the detail work can be easily copied from the box.
  • This is my favorite record store in Columbus, Spoonful records. The Smashing Pumpkins are in town tonight. Billy (yes that's Corgan) was downtown in the store shopping about a hour ago.

732l9ri4e4tb.jpg
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • joecoulson
    Very cool

And as far as SW, I love all the movies. Some more than others.
    Empire is the best IMHO
  • mhardy6647
    edited August 2018
    heh, I had our (my daughter's) old 6" Newtonian out last night, too. No drive for the equatorial mount, so no piccies from it :) Nice night to view Jupiter & Saturn (they've been good lately, as, of course, has been Mars).
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    I bought the last one so I told them they were out of their gourds.

176o4ct3z79a.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited August 2018
    We had the CBP here the other day with a detection dog. Sadly, the dogs reward toy was dropped and run over by a truck.

hdfa7d51912b.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    Stopped by Best Buy tonight with my son for an Xbox controller charging station, came across this. Pretty cool. Not a large rack of vinyl but had some great titles.

mc707vzud9ns.jpg

bimgynnzrybc.jpg

• mlistens03
    gmcman wrote: »
    Stopped by Best Buy tonight with my son for an Xbox controller charging station, came across this. Pretty cool. Not a large rack of vinyl but had some great titles.

mc707vzud9ns.jpg

bimgynnzrybc.jpg

And real turntables underneath the vinyl?
    Every store I’ve been to has Crosley’s with plastic styli and built in speakers. Cool to see a store with real tables.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    wnwmw4yoqt9a.jpg

I was walking around St Louis today and look what I found! It's Victor and Adelita!
  • Clipdat
    Nice! Have a great time!
  • mhardy6647
    @lightman1 it appears that you need a slightly wider lens or slightly better aim on your selfies! ;)

That said, great photo! Looks like fun was had!