The official what we would do without Russ

Willow
Willow Posts: 10,862
Just wondering, what do we do if he wasn't in our lives?

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Probably live a hell of a lot longer, and have fewer grey hairs. Sheep would stop being afraid of having their coats sheared. Global warming would come to an end, North Korea would blow themselves into oblivion, and all would become at peace in the world.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    Russ is the man
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    We’d have black paint. :wink:
  • nooshinjohn
    VR3 wrote: »
    Russ is the man
    Don’t be so assuming. Today he could self identify as a female lgbtq goat, and tomorrow he might be Pricilla, Queen of the Snowdrifts.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Your lives have been enriched beyond your imagination....
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    lightman1 wrote: »

i65ehkw2deml.jpg
  • nooshinjohn
    edited August 2018

And Home Depot has grown exponentially thanks to us having to continually replace shrubbery, burned grass, peeling paint, and bathroom fixtures after you come to town.

At least the lights still work... occasionally!

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I was thinking how we'd have to walk and drive on dark streets at night again.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nooshinjohn
    kharp1 wrote: »
    Who???

That’s right... Who’s on first, What’s on second, and Idontno is on third.

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Viking64 wrote: »

i65ehkw2deml.jpg

zv5la4q2e5k1.png
  • nooshinjohn
    Bump for this timely topic...

• mhardy6647
    He's in a plane over someplace flat, isn't he?
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    Russ is a hack!

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Woohoo!! Cheerwine.... Nectar of the gods.

Brock..... :D

Thanks JF.... I don't know what I did to deserve this... :)
  • mhardy6647
    I used to honk the horn when I drove past George Grand's exit on the NJ Turnpike.
  • mhardy6647
    George Grand!! Now that was a guy that deserved recognition!

I think of ol' George (Toasted Almond @ AK) when I see these bad boys rumble overhead -- many Thursday evenings.

f3e8y7yb6fvs.png

(I have a better photo of that duo somewhere, but I can't find it right now :()
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited August 2018
    George Grand!! Now that was a guy that deserved recognition!

George WAS the MAN!!

R.I.P. My good man o:)o:)
  • mhardy6647
    edited August 2018
    sorry I kind of cast a pall on this thread -- I'd put Mr. Grand & Mr. @lightman1 in the upper strata of the pantheon of Polk Forum Folk.

Russ, keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down, as we used to say on the CB radio :)
  • nooshinjohn
    Russ is special people for sure, in a short bus kind of way. :p

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Russ once had a **** that the Pope has enshrined at the Vatican.

He *is* the poopiest Russ in the world.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    Russ is special people for sure, in a short bus kind of way. :p

i4gq7hmau8qr.jpg
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Well without Russ.....

-I wouldn't have 3 dedicated circuit
    -I wouldn't have had a month or so to listen to some BOSS tube monoblocks
    -I wouldn't have gone to LSAF
    -I wouldn't have my kids bugging me about where is "Mzzzr Russ", and "Where does he live".... and finally "Where does his kids live"
    -I would have living bushes
    -I would have more beer in my fridge
    -I would have one less audio enabler around.....

Dunno, looks like his positives outweigh his negatives :grin: ...

P.S. Russ, your welcome here anytime.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • nooshinjohn
    Rose colored glasses on Dan?