The official what we would do without Russ

WillowWillow Posts: 9,096
Just wondering, what do we do if he wasn't in our lives?
2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Tributaries Optical, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Rotel RDV 1045 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII and Android Mi Box3. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

Comments

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 18,465
    Probably live a hell of a lot longer, and have fewer grey hairs. Sheep would stop being afraid of having their coats sheared. Global warming would come to an end, North Korea would blow themselves into oblivion, and all would become at peace in the world.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• VR3VR3 Posts: 22,274
    Russ is the man
    - Not Tom

Vr3Mods.com ///// Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,246
    We’d have black paint. :wink:
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 11,208
    Russ who?
    VR3 wrote: »
    Russ is the man
    Don’t be so assuming. Today he could self identify as a female lgbtq goat, and tomorrow he might be Pricilla, Queen of the Snowdrifts.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• lightman1lightman1 Posts: 9,904
    Your lives have been enriched beyond your imagination....
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,540
    lightman1 wrote: »

i65ehkw2deml.jpg
    edited August 9

And Home Depot has grown exponentially thanks to us having to continually replace shrubbery, burned grass, peeling paint, and bathroom fixtures after you come to town.

At least the lights still work... occasionally!

• Tony MTony M Posts: 6,301
    I was thinking how we'd have to walk and drive on dark streets at night again.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • kharp1kharp1 Posts: 2,570
    Who???
    Main System:
    Joule-Electra LA 100 MKIII
    Pass Labs Aleph 30, McCormack DNA-125, Parasound A21
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Usher CP-6311/Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference Monitor, LSA-1
    Dual SVS SB2000
    Wireworld Equinox 7 bi-wire, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 IC

Secondary Rig:
    Parasound P5, Audio Electronics by Cary Constellation
    Marsh a200s, Audio Elecrtonics by Cary Hercules
    Pioneer Elite DV-45a, Denon DVD-2910
    Klipsch Epic CF-1, Vandersteen 3CE sig
    Analysus Plus Oval

kharp1 wrote: »
    Who???

That’s right... Who’s on first, What’s on second, and Idontno is on third.

• mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 19,405
    Viking64 wrote: »

i65ehkw2deml.jpg

zv5la4q2e5k1.png
    Bump for this timely topic...

He's in a plane over someplace flat, isn't he?
  • heiney9heiney9 Posts: 23,892
    Russ is a hack!

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Plus DAC | MIT Shotgun S3 | MIT Z P/C's | updated SDA 1C| SQ Box Touch/Welbourne Labs P/S- Tubes add soul!
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 9,904
    Woohoo!! Cheerwine.... Nectar of the gods.

Brock..... :D

Thanks JF.... I don't know what I did to deserve this... :)
    I used to honk the horn when I drove past George Grand's exit on the NJ Turnpike.
    George Grand!! Now that was a guy that deserved recognition!

I think of ol' George (Toasted Almond @ AK) when I see these bad boys rumble overhead -- many Thursday evenings.

f3e8y7yb6fvs.png

(I have a better photo of that duo somewhere, but I can't find it right now :( )
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 11,208
    edited August 10
    George Grand!! Now that was a guy that deserved recognition!

George WAS the MAN!!

R.I.P. My good man o:) o:)
    edited August 10
    sorry I kind of cast a pall on this thread -- I'd put Mr. Grand & Mr. @lightman1 in the upper strata of the pantheon of Polk Forum Folk.

Russ, keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down, as we used to say on the CB radio :)
    Russ is special people for sure, in a short bus kind of way. :p

• ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 4,661
    Russ once had a **** that the Pope has enshrined at the Vatican.

He *is* the poopiest Russ in the world.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 7,199
    Russ is special people for sure, in a short bus kind of way. :p

i4gq7hmau8qr.jpg
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,090
    Well without Russ.....

-I wouldn't have 3 dedicated circuit
    -I wouldn't have had a month or so to listen to some BOSS tube monoblocks
    -I wouldn't have gone to LSAF
    -I wouldn't have my kids bugging me about where is "Mzzzr Russ", and "Where does he live".... and finally "Where does his kids live"
    -I would have living bushes
    -I would have more beer in my fridge
    -I would have one less audio enabler around.....

Dunno, looks like his positives outweigh his negatives :grin: ...

P.S. Russ, your welcome here anytime.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)