A year in the making of...

2»

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    nikonik wrote: »
    I just got these a few days ago from Trey and when I get time, I will begin to swap out some parts along with changing out crossovers. In addition, I inquired on having 10 sets made and this time he would like to have initial cut done by water jetting vs milling it down and then he can set the circle into the machine and watch it cut. The cost per set would be $145 shipped. For some it may a bit much but for others, it's probably fair.

That's a fair price, but probably a hard sell to most as they don't enhance the sound quality and I doubt most would want to sand them smooth. That said, if this went forward, speaking for myself, I'd want a different SpeakOn mounting and would not want the engraving.

They do look nice and I agree the 7075 looks nicer.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    Sweet, talk about a bonner first thing in the morning. Man, you could sell a hundred sets of those here. Nice work.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nikonik
    nikonik Posts: 120
    Thanks for comments and here is a pic mounted. I have been slow to do anything with the speakers lately.
    image_zpshbesk7kt.jpeg
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    Very very nice : )
  • nikonik
    I have been busy with life that I had to put speakers on hold. However, I just started up again recently and made progress with my assortment of speakers. On the SDASRS, I wanted to make removing the massive crossover as simple as possible without the weight of the inductor becoming a problem down the road. I was thinking if my son wanted to open it, would he have to worry about the weight or stress on the front panel as he is removing it. To avoid that situation, I added on to the existing shelf on the inside and now the crossover sits there and is secured underneath with two bolts. The downside is the passive radiator has to be removed to remove the bolts. A minor inconvenience vs having to hold the whole setup while installing or removing it. I also added handles to help pull it out of the tight fit and now the front panel is just a front panel wo the goods attached to it.
    image_zpsmttpc0zw.jpeg
    image_zpsek4stk9y.jpeg
    Rivnut installed on bottom of chassis.

This is what my girls set looks like on the inside. She has the 1.2TL! So both sets have names on the outside and on the inside.
    image_zpstxczpwpd.jpeg

And now back to rear terminal plates. I am planning on making a few more sets but I need to solidify a timeframe and final cost as I am still working on it but communication can be as weak as I like my coffee. The main factor is going to be the timeframe as I had to wait a while for my sets and perhaps I can come to an agreement with a time commitment. It is easier to do a run of 4 binding hole plates vs changing the set up but if there is a need for 2 hole binding plates, I can always make it happen as I am now waiting on a 2 hole version as I thought my SDA1C had four holes. Therefore, I have 1 set of plates that I am going to make available to whoever is ready to try a set. I did remove the serial number that was on there and polished it up. Send me a pm if you are interested. Enjoy the pics!

image_zpscwzcdafa.jpeg
    image_zpsqx3botu0.jpeg
  • drmetric
    drmetric Posts: 1
    Are these available, or will they be available in the future, to purchase?
    Emotiva XMC-1
    Emotiva XPR-5
    Polk SDA-SRS
    LG OLED77G6P
    OPPO UDP-203
    Pioneer Elite BDP-62FD
    Pioneer Elite SC-68
    Pioneer MEP-7000
    Pioneer DJM-3000
    Technics SL-1210M5G (x2)
    ADC SS-525X
    BBE 462
    DBX-4BX
    DBX-120X
    DBX-400X
    Furman P-2400AR
    Furman F-1500UPS
    Furman PL-PRO Series 11
    Furman PL-PLUS DMC
    APC J25
  • I would be interested in a pair of 2 binding post plates. They look great!!
    Yamaha RXA1030, Yamaha CD-S2100, Yamaha AS-2200, Bluesound node 2i
    Polk SDA2btl highly modded
    Polk SDA 1C modded
    Polk CS350 LS x2
    Kimber 8TC
    Sony 55" Bravia
    Wish list SVS sub

• nikonik
    Ha, Ive been in and out and still an option. Ive been meaning to get more made. I have just put my priorities elsewhere but its been on the back burner. I have spoken to my guy and I just need to get it done as I have acquired more SDA speakers. I'll keep you posted.