Sporty got a new seat and more chrome!

verbverb Posts: 3,351
So I finally installed my new custom Corbin seat on the Sportster. New chrome solo rack (rear seat and sissy bar was removed as the Mrs was never gonna ride on it!), and new chrome fork sliders.

h41vhesvkbs7.jpg
yblw4e7bpr5h.jpg
ac7alh0u4cdc.jpg
Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer

Comments

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,724
    Loud pipes save lives!
    Got Dayens?
  • verbverb Posts: 3,351
    Yes they do! This baby is loud! Got the complete Screaming Eagle upgrade package.
    Sporty is a great city bike, fast, turns well, about 1/2 the weight of my Heritage.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    That gorgeous seat and the removal of the rear seat completely change the look of the bike. Very nice.
    Got Dayens?
  • jeremymarcinkojeremymarcinko Posts: 3,193
    Looks good to me!
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • MilitoMilito Posts: 126
    Nice looking bike!
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 4,212
    Sweet!!!
    Lumin D1, KEF LS50 Wireless, Cayin scd-50T, LH Labs VI Dac, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9, HP I7 Laptop, Wireworld Eclipse 7, Wireworld Aurora, Wireworld Electra 7, Signal Magic Digital, Cardas Quadralink 5C, Velodyne SPL1200
    USB helpers: w4s Recovery

HT: Elite SC27, Full Polk RTI setup.

• Jetmaker737Jetmaker737 Posts: 846
    Awesome. I put a Corbin on my Ducati a few weeks back and love it. The bomber jacket brown looks great on your bike.
    System
    Yamaha A-S3000 Integrated Amplifier
    Sonus Faber Cremona Loudspeakers
    PS Audio Directream Jr| Jolida JD-100A CDP | Sansui TU-717 Tuner
    edited August 13
    So I have a corollary to this post that I pondered a bit as to whether I should mention. Here it goes. I went down on the Sporty about a month before the pics were posted. I was on a round about in town on my way to work and hit an oil slick. About 20mph, nothing crazy, but lost traction completely and the bike went down.

I had all the gear on, except it was a hot day so just a leather vest, no jacket. Helmet hit the pavement as I now have a battle scar on it. The highway bars on the front saved my leg from getting crushed. Late rush hour traffic and very thankful things were not worse.

After I went down, the bike slid for about 20 feet before it stopped and the engine stalled. There was so much oil on the road I could barely walk over to the bike without slipping.

I was covered in oil, in fact my arm was covered up and down. In retrospect the oil saved my skin from abrasion. Short sleeve shirt you know.

By the time I got the bike up and settled down a bit, emergency personnel were there, they blocked off the roundabout until road clean up crew arrived.

I did a self assessment, a little sore, but nothing broken or bleeding. I declined any medical services, so I went to work! I didn't realize until later that I was covered in oil.
    A little shocky? Perhaps.

My lessons learned here (for me) - Always wear protective gear. I ordered a mesh jacket for the hot summer days. Boots, gloves, goggles, a must. Michigan just passed a helmet choice law, and I love the ability to choose, but my choice is always wear a helmet.

Get medically evaluated afterwards. Even if there are no outward signs of injury. In fact when I got home I was bruised up and down. Ribcage was sore too. Traumatic injuries may not manifest themselves immediately. Go get checked out!

Add protective gear on your bike. They look cool, and they work! There is a nice abraded flat on the chrome highway bar, and the Saddlebag now has a chamfer where there once was a radius. They saved my leg and actually saved the bike from major damage too.

The next day I took the bike to my favorite shop to get checked out, other than minor cosmetic damage mentioned above, all is well. No hurry to get the saddlebag repainted, and the highway bar, I may just leave it.

Hope this helps all those that ride bikes! Be safe!
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,283
    I'm glad you are okay, Dave. :)
    Will you have to replace the helmet since it hit the ground? I always thought that was the general rule. Glad to hear you walked away from the accident with no major injury.
    Got Dayens?
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Will you have to replace the helmet since it hit the ground? I always thought that was the general rule. Glad to hear you walked away from the accident with no major injury.

Thanks brother. That is the rule generally. I did inspect the foam inside and did not see any fractures, so I think I'm good. Heck, I may just get another helmet anyway!
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I'm glad you are okay, Dave. :)

Thanks Jimmy, more shook up after the fact. The ride to the shop the very next day was a bit un-nerving, but back in the saddle! I've actually done worse on a bicycle (road and mountain), but that is a tale for another day!
    I hope that the incident doesn't affect your confidence when riding in the future.

I've always thought it was the low speed maneuvering that'll get ya. Made me cringe and shake my head the other day when I saw two guys in my work parking lot checking out a new bike. One guy was letting his buddy slowly ride it around the parking lot and the guy wasn't wearing a helmet. It was a bigger Gold Wing-esque cruiser bike. I thought for sure he was going to put it down and crack his head, but thankfully he didn't.
    Got Dayens?
  • DerfDerf Posts: 180
    ATGATT. And verb, it sounds like you’ve been riding a long time, so you know in all likelihood the fiberglass shell of the helmet is weaker now that it’s hit the road; probably micro cracks within the shell; foam liner may look ok but there can now be flat or compressed spots in it. It did its job, so now throw that helmet away and get a brand new one!! And btw, glad you are ok overall—stay safe, brother.
    Integrated Amp: Marantz PM-10
    Speakers: Usher MD2
    Subwoofer: Rythmik F15HP
    DAC: North Star Design Supremo
    Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
    SACD Player: Marantz SA8004
    Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit
    Derf wrote: »
    ATGATT. And verb, it sounds like you’ve been riding a long time, so you know in all likelihood the fiberglass shell of the helmet is weaker now that it’s hit the road; probably micro cracks within the shell; foam liner may look ok but there can now be flat or compressed spots in it. It did its job, so now throw that helmet away and get a brand new one!! And btw, glad you are ok overall—stay safe, brother.

I hear ya! Will do!
  • westmassguywestmassguy Posts: 6,117
    Glad you're OK
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer
    Cables: Speaker: Furez 10/2 with GLS Locking Banana Plugs
    Interconnect: Furez 10/2 with SpeakONs
    ICs: Custom Furez by Douglas Connections
    Den:
    Bose 901 Series II Continentals Restored, Re-Built Equalizer with Elna Silmic IIs, Sonicaps, and Silver Mica Caps
    Carver CT-3 Pre, Carver C-500

dhsspeakerservice.com/
    Exclusive Distributor of Gimpod's Custom SDA Circuit Boards

"And keep her under 70, would you, huh? Betty likes a slow ride"
  • oldrockeroldrocker Posts: 1,888
    Yep, glad your ok and you are right on the injury thing showing up days later.
  • GlennDogGlennDog Posts: 1,541
    Holy crap! I'm glad you're ok . . .
    Just the right amount of jewelry classes-up a bike.
    Look'n good, Verb!
    Power Rogue M180 monos & Adcom GFA 5802
    PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Rears Definitive Technology BP-2
    DAC North Star Design Supremo
    Source PSA PWT & Oppo 105
    Pre/Pro Integra DHC 40.1
    LCD Samsung LN46B750
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Pre Cary SLP-98 F1
    Center Salk HT2C
    Wires MIT S3.3
    PSA PC AC-12
  • steveinazsteveinaz Posts: 18,396
    Beautiful!
    Transport: Oppo BDP-103/USB HDD | Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2L | Power Amp: Parasound Halo A21 | Speakers: PSB Imagine T2 | Cables: Signal Cable XLR; Kimber 8VS Bi-Wire; Belden 1694A Dig Coax | AC Power: Panamax M5300-PM
  • jeremymarcinkojeremymarcinko Posts: 3,193
    Sorry to here you went down. Glad you’re alright.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • motorstereomotorstereo Posts: 833
    Glad to hear your ok and hopefully there's no injuries showing up now that your adrenaline level has gotten back to normal levels. Being a rider myself (less with each passing year) and paving state highways for a living I'm afraid of situations similar to that because of what I see on the highways every single day.

Last nights adventure was a woman in a stolen car inside our work zone with felony warrants almost running down 2 of our workers. Dumb **** then gets out of the car and starts running in such a hurry that she left her cellphone behind which made things very easy for the police.

Gotta be careful out there; there's fools and hazards everywhere.
  • Jetmaker737Jetmaker737 Posts: 846
    Man that blows hitting an oil patch like that. No matter how good you ride something's always trying to get ya. Yeah, replace the helmet. Glad you were not hurt badly.
    System
    Yamaha A-S3000 Integrated Amplifier
    Sonus Faber Cremona Loudspeakers
    PS Audio Directream Jr| Jolida JD-100A CDP | Sansui TU-717 Tuner
  • LegenderLegender Posts: 471
    Nice bike and glad you're OK. There can always be something you didn't quite plan for. You never know what's out there lying in wait for you.
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra