Sporty got a new seat and more chrome!

verb
verb Posts: 10,176
So I finally installed my new custom Corbin seat on the Sportster. New chrome solo rack (rear seat and sissy bar was removed as the Mrs was never gonna ride on it!), and new chrome fork sliders.

h41vhesvkbs7.jpg
yblw4e7bpr5h.jpg
ac7alh0u4cdc.jpg
Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Loud pipes save lives!
  • verb
    Yes they do! This baby is loud! Got the complete Screaming Eagle upgrade package.
    Sporty is a great city bike, fast, turns well, about 1/2 the weight of my Heritage.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Clipdat
    That gorgeous seat and the removal of the rear seat completely change the look of the bike. Very nice.
  • Looks good to me!
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    Nice looking bike!
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Sweet!!!
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Jetmaker737
    Jetmaker737 Posts: 1,000
    Awesome. I put a Corbin on my Ducati a few weeks back and love it. The bomber jacket brown looks great on your bike.
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|Sonus Faber Cremona Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I'm glad you are okay, Dave. :)
  • Clipdat
    Will you have to replace the helmet since it hit the ground? I always thought that was the general rule. Glad to hear you walked away from the accident with no major injury.
  • verb
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Will you have to replace the helmet since it hit the ground? I always thought that was the general rule. Glad to hear you walked away from the accident with no major injury.

Thanks brother. That is the rule generally. I did inspect the foam inside and did not see any fractures, so I think I'm good. Heck, I may just get another helmet anyway!
  • verb
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I'm glad you are okay, Dave. :)

Thanks Jimmy, more shook up after the fact. The ride to the shop the very next day was a bit un-nerving, but back in the saddle! I've actually done worse on a bicycle (road and mountain), but that is a tale for another day!
  • Clipdat
    I hope that the incident doesn't affect your confidence when riding in the future.

I've always thought it was the low speed maneuvering that'll get ya. Made me cringe and shake my head the other day when I saw two guys in my work parking lot checking out a new bike. One guy was letting his buddy slowly ride it around the parking lot and the guy wasn't wearing a helmet. It was a bigger Gold Wing-esque cruiser bike. I thought for sure he was going to put it down and crack his head, but thankfully he didn't.
  • Derf
    Derf Posts: 229
    ATGATT. And verb, it sounds like you’ve been riding a long time, so you know in all likelihood the fiberglass shell of the helmet is weaker now that it’s hit the road; probably micro cracks within the shell; foam liner may look ok but there can now be flat or compressed spots in it. It did its job, so now throw that helmet away and get a brand new one!! And btw, glad you are ok overall—stay safe, brother.
    Integrated Amp: Marantz PM-10
    Speakers: Usher MD2
    Subwoofer: Rythmik F15HP
    DAC: North Star Design Supremo
    Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
    SACD Player: Marantz SA8004
    Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit
  • verb
    Derf wrote: »
    ATGATT. And verb, it sounds like you’ve been riding a long time, so you know in all likelihood the fiberglass shell of the helmet is weaker now that it’s hit the road; probably micro cracks within the shell; foam liner may look ok but there can now be flat or compressed spots in it. It did its job, so now throw that helmet away and get a brand new one!! And btw, glad you are ok overall—stay safe, brother.

I hear ya! Will do!
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Glad you're OK
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Yep, glad your ok and you are right on the injury thing showing up days later.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Holy crap! I'm glad you're ok . . .
    Just the right amount of jewelry classes-up a bike.
    Look'n good, Verb!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Beautiful!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Sorry to here you went down. Glad you’re alright.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    Glad to hear your ok and hopefully there's no injuries showing up now that your adrenaline level has gotten back to normal levels. Being a rider myself (less with each passing year) and paving state highways for a living I'm afraid of situations similar to that because of what I see on the highways every single day.

Last nights adventure was a woman in a stolen car inside our work zone with felony warrants almost running down 2 of our workers. Dumb **** then gets out of the car and starts running in such a hurry that she left her cellphone behind which made things very easy for the police.

Gotta be careful out there; there's fools and hazards everywhere.
  • Jetmaker737
    Jetmaker737 Posts: 1,000
    Man that blows hitting an oil patch like that. No matter how good you ride something's always trying to get ya. Yeah, replace the helmet. Glad you were not hurt badly.
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|Sonus Faber Cremona Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • Legender
    Legender Posts: 478
    Nice bike and glad you're OK. There can always be something you didn't quite plan for. You never know what's out there lying in wait for you.
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • verb
    Derf wrote: »

I was looking back at this thread and wanted to say thanks for all the well wishers out there. I really appreciate the love and support from all of you.

Another part of this story is that since this happened on campus, I was asked to give a talk to my organization recently. As I played a video of the incident, when I went down there was a large "gasp" from the audience.

Special thanks to @Derf as I used the acronym ATGATT - thanks for that brother!

Funny now, I'll walk through my building where there are thousands of employees, those that do not know me personally, I am referred to as the "motorcycle guy"! Oh well, celebrity has it's price!

I'm happy to have shared my experience with others at work and here on the forum. Be safe! :blush:
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    glad all worked out for the best....that's one sharp looking bike...……….love the seat..
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    He was your guardian angel for that moment for sure. ;)

Great heart warming story! :)

I wonder if he likes to listen to music? :p
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verb
    edited April 2019
    Tony M wrote: »
    He was your guardian angel for that moment for sure. ;)

Great heart warming story! :)

I wonder if he likes to listen to music? :p

I'm gonna find out! Probably get a bit emotional when I finally meet him in person. Afterwards, rocking out at Verb's house! :smile:
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    Verb, glad you only sustained minor "hurts".

In 2010, I fell out the front door at my house and broke my right leg completely just above the ankle. I was trying to prevent my cat from running out. I have a steel plate now and the recovery was quite involved with doctor visits and physical therapy.

The one thing that I remember were the many injured motorcycle riders at the doctor's office at the same time on each return/checkup visit. All had major broken bones and multiple injuries. On each return visit there were new ones. The doctor was a major trauma surgeon in the Atlanta area who attracted the seriously injured from outside the Atlanta area.

Be very thankful and careful!! I am careful around my cats.
    Harry
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • verb
    OMG! Sorry to hear about that! How are ya doing now brother?