Make it so....

Patrick Stewart is back as Jean Luc Picard in a new Star Trek Series....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/patrick-stewart-to-star-in-new-star-trek-tv-series/ar-BBLuEB3?ocid=spartandhp
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Cool!!! :)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • I'd watch that !

Although ... what would be better : return of Patrick Stewart as Jean Luc or the return of Kate Mulgrew as Captain Amway ..... er .... Janeway ?

Hard choice to make, right ? ;)
    Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    edited August 2018
    Isn't Sir Patrick Freaking Stewart like 97 years old or something? :)

https://www.wnyc.org/patrick-stewart-wnyc-pledge/
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    Although ... what would be better : return of Patrick Stewart as Jean Luc or the return of Kate Mulgrew as Captain Amway ..... er .... Janeway ?

Hard choice to make, right ? ;)
    How about the return of Jeri Ryan as Seven of Nine? ROWRRRR! High-five!
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    People live longer in the future :smiley:
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

https://www.wnyc.org/patrick-stewart-wnyc-pledge/

not quite, he is 78.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205

Hermitism wrote:>>
    How about the return of Jeri Ryan as Seven of Nine? ROWRRRR! High-five!

I vote for this one with me cast as her significant other !!!!!!
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I haven't watched any of the subsequent Star Trek series, but the original had its share of hotties. :)

And let's not forget Alice Eve in the recent films. :o

s7n175m6358z.png

a6cghbm4cwjx.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    r6iate7bapik.png

Happy?

:|

I remember reading that, when they were filming those sequences, the cinematographer (or whoever is responsible for such things) kept trying to "fix" the color back to flesh -- not knowing she was s'posed to be green). Roddenberry had her make-up made greener and greener, and she came back Caucasian.

Maybe apochryphal, but I read it before the internet was available to us regular folks -- so it may be true.

well -- Wiki-P has the story, too, so -- who knows?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orion_(Star_Trek)

B)
  • Hermitism
    Back to the new series. I really wish it was going to be on regular tv or cable. How many paid services are there now? I'm already missing the Karate Kid series and Star Trek Discovery. And Dish Network keeps getting more and more expensive. I guess I'm the only one complaining because all these new paid streaming services seem to be doing well.

Has anyone seen Star Trek Discovery, besides the first episode that was available to everyone? Any good? I always felt that every subsequent Star Trek series took two full years before they got good. I thought Enterprise was really getting good and then they canceled it. Wasn't that on UPN? How bad do ratings have to be for a UPN series to get cancelled? I never could get into DS9. They never went anywhere. I stopped watching. Every ST series always had that one annoying character.
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Hermitism wrote: »
    Back to the new series. I really wish it was going to be on regular tv or cable. How many paid services are there now? I'm already missing the Karate Kid series and Star Trek Discovery. And Dish Network keeps getting more and more expensive. I guess I'm the only one complaining because all these new paid streaming services seem to be doing well.

Has anyone seen Star Trek Discovery, besides the first episode that was available to everyone? Any good? I always felt that every subsequent Star Trek series took two full years before they got good. I thought Enterprise was really getting good and then they canceled it. Wasn't that on UPN? How bad do ratings have to be for a UPN series to get cancelled? I never could get into DS9. They never went anywhere. I stopped watching. Every ST series always had that one annoying character.

Discovery is actually pretty good. I've seen all the episodes, and it was renewed.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • Hermitism
    edited August 2018
    Are you paying a monthly fee just to watch that one tv show or are you happy with the service as a whole? Good programing? I'm not that familiar with CBS All Access. Since it's a paid service, is Star Trek Discovery more adult oriented? I don't mean Rated R, but can they get away with more compared to having it air at 8PM on an over the air network?
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Sorry to interrupt your Trekkie meeting but......just sayin'.....

ca2pmttc6lcj.jpg
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Everyone needs a 'lil Gaga in their life.
  • Hermitism
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Sorry to interrupt your Trekkie meeting
    DON'T MESS WITH US NERDS!

• txcoastal1
    Hermitism wrote: »
    Sorry to interrupt your Trekkie meeting
    DON'T MESS WITH US NERDS!

Look MISTER, I still like the old Trek's and I'm still a Star Wars fan ; even a Battle Star Galactica fan so who you calling nerd :p

....just never got into the new Trek stuff
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• Hermitism
    Don't even get me started on Battlestar Galactica. That was an event in '78.

....just never got into the new Trek stuff
    Oh, you've been missing out.

cmg096tttl3u.jpg
    4ivsu4f9hi6d.jpg

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    Shatner and old school Star Trek hotties rule!!!
  • txcoastal1
    Dude you subscribe to the wrong channel :/

• mhardy6647
    Mudd's... umm... well... people.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    Dude....you ruinned it!!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    I am not a CBS all access member, but when this launches, I will give a try or buy the series on BlueRay.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Hermitism
    I bought ST Discovery on disc and I gotta say, pretty darn good. Westmassguy was right, good show. I'd go as far as to say it was the strongest first season of a Star Trek series since the original series. I've always thought that the first two years of every ST series were pretty bad, except for the original series. Everything always seemed to click by season three of all the series. I did take issue with some stuff on Discovery. mainly the tech was too advanced. I'd watch Picard just to see Jeri Ryan. Me likey.
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Seven of nine. :) I'm in.