Comments

• scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    edited July 2018
    Options
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,433
    Options
    That was cool, AL!
    Those guys weren't even wearing suits!
    I disabled signatures.
  • scubalab
    Options
    Scott - JPthebeeman is nuts! Dude has the utmost respect for bees and it shows.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    This reminds me a of a story where i thought that i could do real damage to an underground hornets nest by packing my operating lawnmower over the top. Not only was i wrong, but my wife reassured how wrong i was when she pulled a stinger from my earlobe. The chute looked like a gatling gun with angry yellow bullets.

You see, i know when i make mistakes, but when my wife notices, i'm pre-suicidal.

I should not have LOL'd at this. My son & I were taking care of mom's yard this morning. I was weed whacking along the fence line and next thing I know my right leg is on fire. Ground hornets... I got out of there so fast I think I could have outrun Usain Bolt. Still got nailed about a dozen times. Karma's a ****!
  • msg
    Options
    Ooooooh!!! Ouch! Worst I ever got was 8 stings upper torso coming out of a wooded area while working my school-days-engineering-tech-job after some corporate client dudes walking ahead of me upset a wasps nest and didn't shout back to warn me. While not allergic, that number of stings was enough to make me feel "unwell" for the rest of the afternoon and drive home.

On top of that, I didn't see the thigh-high rusted barbed wire fence boundary as I was running out of the woods, and got flip-slammed when I hit it running full speed. Then... I later had to go back in and grab the two Pelican cases I'd dropped. Funny now, but not at the time. I'd be dead if those were killer bees.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,204
    Options
    When I was around 15 years old, I was swimming and as I started to climb up the ladder I got stung in the upper lip by a brown/red colored wasp. This was one day before my family was going on vacation. My face looked like Rocky Balboa at the end of Rocky I. Or Rocky II. Or Rocky III. Or Rocky IV. Rocky V sucked. Or Rocky VI. We went to Gatlinburg, TN and there was a large ski lift to take you up a mountain and they take your picture as you reach the top. It looked like my Dad is sitting next to the Elephant Man. I was having a bad hair day, too. Damn hair cowlick.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Pics or it never happened. :p

What kind of maroon lets a cow lick his head anyway. :p;)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • DaveHo
    Options
    Hard to tell but there are about 7or8 on my lower shin. Whole area still hurts, burns.
    Good thing I'm not allergic. 1zavct50cxc5.jpg
    m7ts8kjwucch.jpg
    9oga3utddvwq.jpg
  • DaveHo
    Options
    Yes, my legs are probably whiter than Russ'.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Need to do a better job of waxing them too. You missed a few spots. ;)

• Hermitism
    Options
    Need to do a better job of waxing them too. You missed a few spots. ;)
    You beat me to it. I was going to ask if the wasp stinger made his leg hair fall out.

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    It's a close race.... But at least mine have manly hair on them.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    DaveHo wrote: »
    Hard to tell but there are about 7or8 on my lower shin. Whole area still hurts, burns.
    Good thing I'm not allergic. 1zavct50cxc5.jpg
    m7ts8kjwucch.jpg
    9oga3utddvwq.jpg

Thought that was the top back of your leg there for a moment....
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    Options
    I have. You could hear the wall buzzing from a couple of rooms away. I'll never forget that sound.

All I have to say is that I could live without figs. Mosquitoes and Wasps on the other hand? Mother nature just put them on this world as a last final laugh to the human race. Probably just so she can say, "You afraid of that little thing? LOL". Useless and just a freakin' PAIN to deal with.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Hermitism
    edited August 2018
    Options
    9oga3utddvwq.jpg
    Good thing I'm not allergic.9oga3utddvwq.jpg

I thought it was a bu tt crack at first! I still think it might be!
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,648
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »
    9oga3utddvwq.jpg
    Good thing I'm not allergic.9oga3utddvwq.jpg

I thought it was a bu tt crack at first! I still think it might be!

Beat me to it...
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    It's a close race.... But at least mine have manly hair on them.

TMI there Sasquatch....

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Wasp got me square on the belly-button when I was 3. I still hold a grudge.
  • msg
    Options
    There's way too much quoting of Dave's leg photos going on in this thread.
    I'm gonna have friggin' nightmares of red splotches floating against white backdrops with a few hairs flying by.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    nightmares
    *erotic dreams

• Hermitism
    Options
    Wasp got me square on the belly-button when I was 3. I still hold a grudge.
    Did it make your belly button look like a pregnant woman's at 9 months?

• msg
    Options
    You gotta be careful with bellybutton injuries. That thing could come untied and your guts could shoot out. I've seen it a million times.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    You gotta be careful with bellybutton injuries. That thing could come untied and your guts could shoot out. I've seen it a million times.

I've LITERALLY seen it a million times. Alright, now I'M gonna have erotic dreams. :p
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,648
    Options
    Tie with Joey for least body hair...
  • msg
    Options
    Dave's cat is not amused.
    9h7up12wgq3m.jpg
    I disabled signatures.
  • scubalab
    edited August 2018
    Options
    ^^^ Where’s the “What” button?!?
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • DaveHo
    Options
    #1 That is not my butt crack!
    #2 Y'all are just jealous of my nearly hairless legs. I will blame the lack of hair on my shins to wearing knee-high tube socks in the 80's...
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    #1... if you say so.

#2... not jealousy on our part. We don’t care what bathroom you choose these days.