FS: JM Lab Focal Mezzo Utopia Pair

13»

Comments

• VR3VR3 Posts: 22,249
    EVEN LOOKS LIKE RUSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    - Not Tom

Vr3Mods.com ///// Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 9,859
    :D. Y'all killin me....
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 9,899
    lightman1 wrote: »
    :D. Y'all killin me....

You're not the only Russ B)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
    Hmmmm $3400
    - Not Tom

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
  • jdjohnjdjohn Posts: 424
    Still open to trades for partial credit? B)
    Yup, of course need to see pics and info, etc
    - Not Tom

Pending sold
    - Not Tom

• erniejadeerniejade Posts: 4,212
    Trade you some plastic straws leftover from F1's stash for them if the sale doesn't pan out.
    Lumin D1, KEF LS50 Wireless, Cayin scd-50T, LH Labs VI Dac, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9, HP I7 Laptop, Wireworld Eclipse 7, Wireworld Aurora, Wireworld Electra 7, Signal Magic Digital, Cardas Quadralink 5C, Velodyne SPL1200
    USB helpers: w4s Recovery

HT: Elite SC27, Full Polk RTI setup.

Sounds like a plan to me
    - Not Tom

• WillowWillow Posts: 9,081
    VR3 wrote: »
    Pending sold

Really?...
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Tributaries Optical, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Rotel RDV 1045 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII and Android Mi Box3. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

Yes
    - Not Tom

• txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 9,899
    Nice

Someone is a lucky person. Hard to part with great speakers
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
    Officially sold

Thank you jdjohn for a smooth transaction
    - Not Tom

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,832
    Nice well done gentleman
  • jdjohnjdjohn Posts: 424
    edited September 1
    My pleasure, Trey. It was great to spend some time with a fellow Polkie :) Some folks may have noticed my FS: Peachtree novaPre/DAC was pending as well. Even swap! Can you believe it!?! :D Seriously, I think we came to a nice deal for both parties. All I can say is that my wife is happier than his will be! It's amazing how much gear a toaster on wheels can hold... Thanks to Trey for making the personal delivery trip. What a road warrior this guy is!

The Utopias: amazing clarity in the mids and highs, ultra-tight bass...expansive soundstage. I'll continue to experiment with positioning them, and possibly plugging the ports to tweak the bass response. These babies will take anything you throw at them...and beg for more! In particular thus far, I have noticed that brass instruments have a whole new sound compared to my Infinity RSIIIa, which are no slouch IMO. I look forward to listening to all my music over again with the Utopias. It seems that every song so far is revealing new details - something we always look forward to with upgrades. And possibly best of all, my wife thinks the cabinets match our Maple floors B) Winning!!!

Jody
  • halohalo Posts: 4,367
    Way to go guys! That's a heckofa nice pair of speakers you got there Jody! Glad you both got what you wanted in the deal.
13»