Showcase your setups

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    joecoulson wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »
    rytw3h2dk9m0.jpeg

Yup.... It's in there....
    What’s in there, the back to the future driver?

I have a tendency to procure wayward audio gear..... Some of which I have never laid eyes on.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,051
    215274_222860477730465_3526457_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=9740bfef81c903d9eb8c554de01ceb48&oe=5BD3DB83

H9

"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    oj7bjnl0lwtd.jpg

I'm getting there. The Bruno Mars stuff was as many have stated before a condition of the ol ball and chain.

Don't mind the boxes of tweeters ha! Those have since been removed. Cable management for me isn't a big deal, my set up is simple. 3 power cables plugged in, one set of ICs from turn table to pre amp then preamp to integrated's "main in"

Wait, do you mean that not everybody has boxes of tweeters?

;)
  • mhardy6647
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    This is fairly accurate. Had some folks over that day. My current pre amp was being demo'd that day and is just off to the right in pic. Not pictured is the Signature Sonore Music Server.

e12oa6pb7itg.jpg

This listening area is open to main level so subs are needed to assist the low bass. In this pic I was demo'ing some Class D mono blocks. I had also experimented with best placement of subs. Between speakers and tight against wall worked best.

92wt9fsjcunv.jpg

My little buddy Jasper listens to tunes with me.

4drro2llnxt8.jpg

Other updates were the hangover shelf with Bottlehead Eros phono pre amp.

ykrrdfod444b.jpg

The Eros sports a custom crotch walnut base finished in Tung oil. The base seems to change its appearance with different lighting throughout the day. Another IERC was sourced for the nekkid tube.

3c0bqcsdr4ae.jpg

Beautiful cat, too!
  • mhardy6647
    rytw3h2dk9m0.jpeg

Yup.... It's in there....
    What’s in there, the back to the future driver?

I have a tendency to procure wayward audio gear..... Some of which I have never laid eyes on.

I can vouch for that :)
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Those new Polks are sharp. Have you heard the 705/707’s and if so what are your comparisons?

It's been years since I heard the LSIMs so I wouldn't be able trust my memory on what I heard so long ago.

Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    This is fairly accurate. Had some folks over that day. My current pre amp was being demo'd that day and is just off to the right in pic. Not pictured is the Signature Sonore Music Server.

e12oa6pb7itg.jpg

This listening area is open to main level so subs are needed to assist the low bass. In this pic I was demo'ing some Class D mono blocks. I had also experimented with best placement of subs. Between speakers and tight against wall worked best.

92wt9fsjcunv.jpg

My little buddy Jasper listens to tunes with me.

4drro2llnxt8.jpg

Other updates were the hangover shelf with Bottlehead Eros phono pre amp.

ykrrdfod444b.jpg

The Eros sports a custom crotch walnut base finished in Tung oil. The base seems to change its appearance with different lighting throughout the day. Another IERC was sourced for the nekkid tube.

3c0bqcsdr4ae.jpg

Gorgeous gear man. Those amps are fantastic.
  • joecoulson
    mrbiron wrote: »
    a527kuti28sa.jpg

Soon to all be in boxes...

Those the Zu’s? Love those things.
  • joecoulson
    Retro Office Rig

x0i28xdqtg5d.jpg

Wow that Marantz is stunning

• mhardy6647
    Retro Office Rig

x0i28xdqtg5d.jpg

Wow that Marantz is stunning

The other Marantz on the floor's nice, too! :)
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    That's my backup B)
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    edited August 2018
  • joecoulson
    How’s The sound quality on that Teac?
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    Too lazy to take pics of my rigs. I get great enjoyment from this...

ivuwaqb1bvcu.jpg
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Jstas wrote: »
    Sorry, all I got right now is garage tunes. Everything else is currently in storage while I recover from moving to a new house.

Wait... How long has it been since you moved?? Coming up on a year, maybe? I thought sound in every room was a priority over unimportant stuff like furniture and lights! :p
  • joecoulson
    Thank You Zuul
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    Sorry, all I got right now is garage tunes. Everything else is currently in storage while I recover from moving to a new house.

Wait... How long has it been since you moved?? Coming up on a year, maybe? I thought sound in every room was a priority over unimportant stuff like furniture and lights! :p

Well, having stuff like a properly hooked up main power feed are pretty important or a functioning heater when it's 2 degrees in February or toilets that don't seep water out from under them every time they flush or taking an electric stove that requires 60 service off a 30 amp service line that also had a dishwasher, trash compactor and garbage disposal on the same circuit or cutting down two trees on two separate occasions that fell on the garage which is now leaking, likely from those trees or having to fight with the **** inspector in town about a stupid pool deck just so you can open the pool only to find out you have to drain the pool to rehang the liner and then refill it...yeah. I'm lucky I got the kegerator hooked up in the garage.

All I have set up right now is a Kenwood stereo receiver with a pair of KLH 20's in the garage and a Yammie 5 channel powering JBL bookies and center with a Yammie sub. Not worth taking pictures of.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    mdaudioguy wrote: »

Well, having stuff like a properly hooked up main power feed are pretty important or a functioning heater when it's 2 degrees in February or toilets that don't seep water out from under them every time they flush or taking an electric stove that requires 60 service off a 30 amp service line that also had a dishwasher, trash compactor and garbage disposal on the same circuit or cutting down two trees on two separate occasions that fell on the garage which is now leaking, likely from those trees or having to fight with the **** inspector in town about a stupid pool deck just so you can open the pool only to find out you have to drain the pool to rehang the liner and then refill it...yeah. I'm lucky I got the kegerator hooked up in the garage.

All I have set up right now is a Kenwood stereo receiver with a pair of KLH 20's in the garage and a Yammie 5 channel powering JBL bookies and center with a Yammie sub. Not worth taking pictures of.

Why would you buy a house with so many issues?
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Willow wrote: »

Because its on an awesome piece of property with a lot of potential...

Click here

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    Willow wrote: »

Because many of the issues were hidden and the previous owner and his real estate agent neglected to disclose certain things. I can sue but the real estate lawyer I talked to said to come back in a year or two with receipts for all the work I had to do and then he'll have something solid to go off of.

However, previous owner gave me receipts for a couple things that he had "fixed" that I had to go and have fixed myself. Both people I had fix the things that were "fixed" looked at the work orders and told me flat out "None of that was done. If it was, I wouldn't be here doing it now." So there's likely fraud and misrepresentation.

But unlike many other people, I have the capability, tools and knowledge to fix much it myself. There's only been a couple things that I got some help with so far because it was too big of a job for me to do myself.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    F1nut wrote: »
    b3ej7p859cae.jpg

I just love the blue lights on Emotiva amps, but you should consider upgrading. Your ears will thank you. :D

You need new glasses.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Jesse how'd you get those Marantz feet to light up?
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    zuul wrote: »
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Office 2 channel and headfi rig...

is that a kendwood kd-500/550?

used to have one. great turntable. bulletproof.

It is KD-550...and fully refurbished. New power wiring to an IEC, all of the chassis ground is tied into the IEC earth and new cartridge, headshell, headshell wiring, new AudioQuest Wildcat tonearm cable, repainted the wood plinth and cleaned the corian.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    b3ej7p859cae.jpg

I just love the blue lights on Emotiva amps, but you should consider upgrading. Your ears will thank you. :D

You need new glasses.

IDK

6wthw5e9bxqu.jpeg

Y’all make me jealous. :wink:
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited August 2018
    Ha that’s not mine. Mine is just like Jesse’s.
    rkn7gno6qo9i.jpeg
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant