Showcase your setups

Comments

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Wow. That’s amazing! I was three!
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    edited August 2018
    Ok here’s the 2 ch rig, needs some cable Mgmt but it sounds good anyway.
    6thbswdbcpza.jpeg
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • joecoulson

polrbehr wrote: »
    Ok here’s the 2 ch rig, needs some cable Mgmt but it sounds good anyway.
    6thbswdbcpza.jpeg
    Nice! Love the Adcom’s!

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Wow. That’s amazing! I was three!

I was probably three when the 604E drivers I'm using now were made...
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Jesus you're going to get retina damage with those subs... lol

That's only 4 of the 6. The other 2 are built into corner enclosures for the rear corners of the theater but they are sitting in the storage room.

I was debating on adding nearfield subs and some midbass modules...just in case.

Upfiring JBL CS1214's. Each one fires up into one of your seats from the riser. You have more than enough room to make that work :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • joecoulson
    Willow wrote: »
    ppay324t10ob.jpg
    Lovely clean setup. Very cool with the yellow accents on the towers and the turntable.

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    edited August 2018
    Thank you. There are more yellow accents throughout the room. That was the deal my wife made when buying a tt. The rest of the gear is hidden in the cabinet which is listed in my signature. This fall we will be adding an area rug, looking forward to that.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    Amps are lurking behind the speakers. Wire management neglected after replacing the CD player (failed to get a new laser working in the other one).
    3ow8z6vtmgdt.jpeg
    5pq4dgeey9s5.jpeg
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    The Lafayette receiver in the second photo is broken, but I have it on because it looks so stinkin’ nice. Cable management is not a thing, only because my cables are to be replaced soon, quite literally every single one of ‘em.
    x60mtdm1kscd.jpeg
    gvja1ve65jon.jpg
    3xoqijqpukqm.jpeg
  • EndersShadow
    lightman1 wrote: »
    rytw3h2dk9m0.jpeg

Yup.... It's in there....

Speaking of..... where's them cable isolators :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    edited August 2018
    oj7bjnl0lwtd.jpg

I'm getting there. The Bruno Mars stuff was as many have stated before a condition of the ol ball and chain.

Don't mind the boxes of tweeters ha! Those have since been removed. Cable management for me isn't a big deal, my set up is simple. 3 power cables plugged in, one set of ICs from turn table to pre amp then preamp to integrated's "main in"
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    Sorry, all I got right now is garage tunes. Everything else is currently in storage while I recover from moving to a new house.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    rytw3h2dk9m0.jpeg

Your Mom knows....
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    F1nut wrote: »
    b3ej7p859cae.jpg

The lighting in your bat cave SUCKS!!!
  • EndersShadow
    rytw3h2dk9m0.jpeg

Your Mom knows....

HA! Anybody want a HK Signature 2.0 pre-amp for free :wink:
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    rytw3h2dk9m0.jpeg

Your Mom knows....

HA! Anybody want a HK Signature 2.0 pre-amp for free :wink:

$20.00
  • joecoulson
    maxward wrote: »
    Amps are lurking behind the speakers. Wire management neglected after replacing the CD player (failed to get a new laser working in the other one).
    3ow8z6vtmgdt.jpeg
    5pq4dgeey9s5.jpeg
    That’s great. All my stuff is in a bookcase behind the couch but having it right there is perfect.
  • joecoulson
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    The Lafayette receiver in the second photo is broken, but I have it on because it looks so stinkin’ nice. Cable management is not a thing, only because my cables are to be replaced soon, quite literally every single one of ‘em.
    x60mtdm1kscd.jpeg
    gvja1ve65jon.jpg
    3xoqijqpukqm.jpeg

Vintage gear is very close to my heart. Love the mix of gear
  • joecoulson
    oj7bjnl0lwtd.jpg

I'm getting there. The Bruno Mars stuff was as many have stated before a condition of the ol ball and chain.

Don't mind the boxes of tweeters ha! Those have since been removed. Cable management for me isn't a big deal, my set up is simple. 3 power cables plugged in, one set of ICs from turn table to pre amp then preamp to integrated's "main in"

Looks like you’re staying hydrated while listening. That is important ;)
  • joecoulson
    DSkip wrote: »
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Clipdat wrote: »
    I don't really like to publicly post photos of my gear because I don't want it to seem like I'm showing off. I feel weird about advertising "wealth" or the impression of having it.
    I totally respect you not wanting to show it but I don’t think anybody would pre-judge you based on equipment, I wish I had the money to spend on some of the setups that I see on here, like Dskip and so on, but alas I’m not there yet.
    Would love to see your gear as I know you are a big fan, especially with the fantastic coverage of that show, but again I respect your decision.

Being a dealer has its advantages and disadvantages. Many times I miss being simply an enthusiast. The gear is nice, but not really being able to choose whether or not you buy something isn't.

I can relate completely. I used to be heavily into photography as a hobby and then back in the 90s I started doing it for a job, I got really good at it and I acquired a lot of gear but I lost the passion. I no longer really Dabble except for with my iPhone unfortunately.
  • joecoulson
    cfrizz wrote: »
    The only thing that is different is that I now have an Oppo BR Player in place of the Pioneer.

g22vomd8im0c.jpg
    Those new Polks are sharp. Have you heard the 705/707’s and if so what are your comparisons?
  • joecoulson
    edited August 2018
    I like the wall color and decor, you went whole hog with the visit to Pier One
    F1nut wrote: »
    b3ej7p859cae.jpg

• joecoulson
    rytw3h2dk9m0.jpeg

What’s in there, the back to the future driver?