Signature S20 & S15 And competetives from RTiA

shabyshaby Posts: 6
Hi,
How are you?

1. I want to know if by your opinion and/or feeling there is A tangible(hope it the right term) defference between the S20 & S15?

2. RTiA series stands at the "same line" +- with Signature?
If do - what would be the competetive model? (for S10&S20)

3. The S20 feels really heavy.
Is it something that I need to be aware of in A matter of the cabinet that hanges to the wall and THE WALL needs to "carry" cabinet&Amp&3 sp(centre too)?

Thank you very much!

Comments

  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,294
    shaby wrote: »
    Hi,
    How are you?
    I am just swell. How about you?

    szd1lj6q7kpx.jpg

  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 40,400
    shaby wrote: »
    Hi,
    How are you?

    1. I want to know if by your opinion and/or feeling there is A tangible(hope it the right term) defference between the S20 & S15?

    2. RTiA series stands at the "same line" +- with Signature?
    If do - what would be the competetive model? (for S10&S20)

    3. The S20 feels really heavy.
    Is it something that I need to be aware of in A matter of the cabinet that hanges to the wall and THE WALL needs to "carry" cabinet&Amp&3 sp(centre too)?

    Thank you very much!

    The S20 has a tad more bass and a bit bigger sound.

    The RTiA series is aimed more for home theater while the Signature series isn’t as hot up top, so a bit better for music.

    The S20 is a stand mount speaker, not a wall mount.

    Political Correctness'.........defined

    "A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."


  • shabyshaby Posts: 6
    @Viking64 Am I missing something?

    @F1nut Thanks for your answer (:

    The S20 has a tad more bass and a bit bigger sound.
    My needs are HT.

    I listened to the S20 And yet To the RTiA .
    I was impressed from the S20 - sounds lilke much more than 249$ sp.

    I had no plane to mount to use stand mount.
    The sp will sit on the cabinet.

    Although the S20 is A bit better for music and I liked it?
    Do you(and others) think that it better to find A shop that have the RTiA and to try it too?(which model is at the "same line" +- with Signature?)

    ?

    Thanks very much!
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,294
    shaby wrote: »
    @Viking64 Am I missing something?
    I'm just saying "How are you?" to a new member. :)
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 40,400
    shaby wrote: »
    @Viking64 Am I missing something?

    @F1nut Thanks for your answer (:

    The S20 has a tad more bass and a bit bigger sound.
    My needs are HT.

    I listened to the S20 And yet To the RTiA .
    I was impressed from the S20 - sounds lilke much more than 249$ sp.

    I had no plane to mount to use stand mount.
    The sp will sit on the cabinet.

    Although the S20 is A bit better for music and I liked it?
    Do you(and others) think that it better to find A shop that have the RTiA and to try it too?(which model is at the "same line" +- with Signature?)

    ?

    Thanks very much!

    I think you'll be happy with the Signature series.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

    "A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."


  • shabyshaby Posts: 6
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I'm just saying "How are you?" to a new member. :)
    <3 :)
  • cfrizzcfrizz Posts: 13,031
    Welcome to Club Polk Shaby!

    The Signature Series is outstanding for both music and movies. They managed to make a speaker that puts out very decent bass, and the tweeter is crystal clear without being overly sharp.

    If you are doing movies, I would strongly recommend having a sub to handle the lower end, which will allow the drivers in the speakers to handle the mid bass that they were designed to handle.
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony Bravia KDL-40R510C TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, SVS NSD-12 SB12 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers
  • mrlorenmrloren Posts: 1,477
    I went from RTi's to the Signature line. My wife and I like the Signature line a lot better.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.

    Family Room:
    Samsung UN60H,
    Denon AVR-X4400H, Emotiva XPA3 GEN3
    Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, Sony DVP-NS3100ES, WD Live HUB.
    Main: Polk Signature S60
    Center: Polk CSi-A6
    Front High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT
    Surrounds: Polk T15
    Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5

    Bed Room;
    Sony KDF-E42A10,
    Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270
    Main: Polk Signature S20
    Center: Polk Signature S35
    Rear: Polk R15
    Sub: HSU STF-2

    Working Warehouse;
    Sony 2100ES
    Polk RTi4 about 15' up the wall
    Old sony 12" Sub
    Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • shabyshaby Posts: 6
    edited July 25
    The set would be:
    Front: S20
    Surround: S10
    Center: S30
    Sub: my current one - Cambridge Audio X200 subwoofer(Bc's I dont have space under the cabinet and Is just incredible **not only for his sizes)

    Thank you All so much!!!!
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 40,400
    Let us know what you think after you get it all set up.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

    "A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."


  • shabyshaby Posts: 6
    edited July 25
    Sure!
    Hope my responde on 7-10 days from now would jump it into the top

    B.T.W: How do you set it up that you'll get A notification(email) for A new comment?
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,148
    Scroll to the top of the page, and under your name on the right there are four options, the one all the way to the right is options. A little drop down menu will pop up, select “Edit Account”. Then once that page opens up there should be a list of different settings to change, third one down is “Notification Preferences”. You will then find a list of things to be notified for.
    Not Tom, or Trey, or Jim
    NAD C352
    Monitor Audio Radius R90’s/Mission Freedom 770 IV
    BJC speaker cables, generic RCA’s, one homemade power cable, because that’s going to do any good with the rest of the generic ones.
    Technics SL3200 turntable and a Shure M97xE phono cartridge
    Velodyne VA-907 subwoofer
    Lafayette LR-1100 acting as a tuner and phono.
    I've always thought the goal of high end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • shabyshaby Posts: 6
    Must say the final thoughts(or just one ;))
    OUTSTANDING !!!
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!