Showcase your setups

Options
Would love to see everyone’s setups. Pictures say a thousand words and the creativity some have with furniture/placement/selection always fascinates me.

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,027
    Options
    mine's too messy (plenty of images on this forum) :(
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    I’ll get everything cleaned up and share some pics, when I have time.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    You joined up about 4 years too late. :/ There used to be a dedicated section called System Showcase, but that went the way of the dodo when Vanilla came along in 2014. Not even sure if the Wayback Machine will direct you there anymore.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    polrbehr wrote: »
    You joined up about 4 years too late. :/ There used to be a dedicated section called System Showcase, but that went the way of the dodo when Vanilla came along in 2014. Not even sure if the Wayback Machine will direct you there anymore.
    So is this post not allowed or something?
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    No, it's allowed (AFAIK), I think the point is just that there's a legacy that is unfortunately lost (other than via the Wayback Machine).
  • joecoulson
    Options
    Lol. Yeah right.
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,754
    edited August 2018
    Options
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Lol. Yeah right.

Seriously, that's his Schnauzer. B)
  • joecoulson
    Options
    My dog Napoleon in the sweet spot
    yrnb3a3ztfmn.jpeg
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    edited August 2018
    Options
    http://web.archive.org/web/20121103012110/http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/system-showcase/

Here ya go ^^^, a glimpse into the glorious past LOL.
    Gawd, I looked at my pics and with the exception of my new SVS (not even pictured) everything is different - even the furniture.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • joecoulson
    Options
    So I am still waiting for even one pic of someone’s current setup. I have posts back in 04-06 from a past theater and 2ch setup over on the Ecoustics forum, but all my stuff is very different now. Including the house.
    Someone pls post some current setups!
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,596
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I don't really like to publicly post photos of my gear because I don't want it to seem like I'm showing off. I feel weird about advertising "wealth" or the impression of having it.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Office 2 channel and headfi rig...

g9y8cmc0v64n.jpg
    bq4ulqwhbuaw.jpg
    n3l4gabmrdnn.jpg
    nym6wrh7k8ru.jpg

Living room theater (will be going away in the near-ish future as the theater is coming along nicely)

nc6dt55edddd.jpg
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    Options
    Jesus you're going to get retina damage with those subs... lol
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Jesus you're going to get retina damage with those subs... lol

That's only 4 of the 6. The other 2 are built into corner enclosures for the rear corners of the theater but they are sitting in the storage room.

I was debating on adding nearfield subs and some midbass modules...just in case.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    Would love to see everyone’s setups. Pictures say a thousand words and the creativity some have with furniture/placement/selection always fascinates me.

I started a thread in 2017: https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/175274/lets-see-it/p1
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • joecoulson
    Options
    ZLTFUL that’s an awesome setup in both rooms! Love the 2ch setup. Wish I had another room in this house to dedicate to 2 ch but alas kids/wife and current house do not permit.
    Thank You for being the first to post!
  • joecoulson
    Options
    halo wrote: »

I started a thread in 2017: https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/175274/lets-see-it/p1
    Your photos do not show but I have seen your setup with the 705’s recently and it’s very similar to th look of mine so you know I love it!!
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    I don't really like to publicly post photos of my gear because I don't want it to seem like I'm showing off. I feel weird about advertising "wealth" or the impression of having it.

never stops me... one look will squelch any impression of "wealth", "taste", or "orginizational skills".

sigh...

27138816799_d247e72652_b.jpgDSC_9976 (3) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • joecoulson
    Options
    I totally respect you not wanting to show it but I don’t think anybody would pre-judge you based on equipment, I wish I had the money to spend on some of the setups that I see on here, like Dskip and so on, but alas I’m not there yet.
    Would love to see your gear as I know you are a big fan, especially with the fantastic coverage of that show, but again I respect your decision.
  • joecoulson
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

never stops me... one look will squelch any impression of "wealth", "taste", or "orginizational skills".

sigh...

27138816799_d247e72652_b.jpgDSC_9976 (3) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    That’s a great space to listen in I bet, those towers are monstrous, what are they?
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,662
    Options
    Picture is a little old but shows majority of todays system. In fact only addition is a R2R which I have included an additional pic and a change in TV. But, you get the idea.

ufiws8fjvy0a.jpg

jqopohh7mf3s.bmp

2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • joecoulson
    Options
    tratliff wrote: »
    Picture is a little old but shows majority of todays system. In fact only addition is a R2R which I have included an additional pic and a change in TV. But, you get the idea.

ufiws8fjvy0a.jpg

jqopohh7mf3s.bmp
    Wow. Stunning
    Did you see a difference using the granite as bases for the towers?
    I have access to granite for nothing and wonder if I should do that?
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,596
    Options
    My gear/setup is pretty modest compared to most of the other forum members.
    I totally respect you not wanting to show it but I don’t think anybody would pre-judge you based on equipment, I wish I had the money to spend on some of the setups that I see on here, like Dskip and so on, but alas I’m not there yet.
    Would love to see your gear as I know you are a big fan, especially with the fantastic coverage of that show, but again I respect your decision.

• mhardy6647
    Options
    That’s a great space to listen in I bet, those towers are monstrous, what are they?

Not exactly towers, and not exactly easy to describe succinctly in their present incarnation.

They started out as slight variants of this design, loaded with 604E Duplexes and Mastering Labs crossovers.

http://www.wardsweb.org/Billfort/

As they're currently configured, the coaxial treble drivers of the Duplexes are (ahem) bypassed, and treble is managed with a pair of EMILAR EH-500 2" throat horns loaded with (depending on my mood) JBL 2441 or Altec 802D (1" exit, with adaptors) compression drivers. Crossover is first order at ca. 600 Hz and treble is augmented with B&C DE35 horn (super) tweeters, crossed in very high (first order).

http://www.hifihaven.org/index.php?threads/billforts-altec-604-ramblings.47/
    http://www.hifihaven.org/index.php?threads/so-if-you-ever-find-one-or-a-pair-of-these-horns-snap-them-up.2371/
    http://www.hifihaven.org/index.php?threads/one-inch-two-inch-red-inch-blue-inch.3325/
    http://www.hifihaven.org/index.php?threads/on-high-sensitivity-super-tweeters-or-i-musta-got-lost.3042/

Now, aren't you sorry you asked? ;)

It all started, for me, with a pair of Polk Audio Monitor Series Model 7A loudspeakers in 1978. Still have 'em, too.
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,662
    Options
    Did you see a difference using the granite as bases for the towers?
    I have access to granite for nothing and wonder if I should do that?

Using granite as bases has been discussed many times within the site. I really like it on the top of my rack to add rigidity for my turntable. But did not notice any change with using it at the base of my speakers. One thing I do like about using it under the speakers is that the vacuum cannot touch the speakers.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • joecoulson
    Options
    My gear/setup is pretty modest compared to most of the other forum members.
    Mine too my friend. I appreciate all setups
    I started with buying old stuff at Goodwill growing up and trying to repair to make a Frankenstein setup.
    My setup now is still very modest in the grand scheme. Things is, I’m still proud of it !
  • joecoulson
    Options
    Very cool Hardy. Would love to hear that.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    It all started, for me, with a pair of Polk Audio Monitor Series Model 7A loudspeakers in 1978. Still have 'em, too.

The gateway drug...