KARMA Audio Technica LP-120

I've got this AT-LP120 that has just been replaced and now needs a loving home. It's in great shape and has had a couple of upgrades in the past three years.
I've added Dynamat to the bottom of the platter to help with the resonance. And I've removed the internal phone preamp (still have it) and bypassed it in order to hard wire in some RCA Jack's. This also has two headshells; one with a brand new Ortofon 2M cartridge.
I'd really like to see this go to someone who's just getting into vinyl or wants to get into vinyl. Because this turntable is a great starting point.
Only three rules:
1. Must live in the continental US
2. Guess the correct number that's between 1 and 100
3. I'd like the winner to pitch in $30 for shipping

I'll announce the winner this Friday afternoon. Good luck!

cwhd3ann6ia5.jpg
k88o2jyp6ov3.jpg
rdcnr5s2gisv.jpg

The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors

Comments

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Wow, this is an awesome karma! I already have a table, so I won’t enter into this one. Good luck to all who enter!
  • Whoa noiice karma!

Not in but very cool of you.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • aiconn
    aiconn Posts: 277
    Thanks for a great karma! In with 47. I don't have a TT, but inherited 70 or so LPs from my father-in-law when he passed. My wife and I have wanted to listen to them for some time.
    PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC/Preamp
    Denon DVD 2910
    Quad 12L Active Monitors
    Marin Logan Dynamo 700W
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,833
    That’s one hell of a Karma...
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    Very nice of you to do this.

Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    In with 44. Great gesture on your part. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Well I guess if everyone else is entering...
    In with 21.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Not in as I just finished a full refurb of my KD-550 and am VERY happy with the results but GREAT KARMA!
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Not in but sweet karma!
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    Great karma....in with 78.
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Sweet karma. In with 19 please. What did you replace it with ?
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    In with 82
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    a very cool karma.
  • Manticore
    Manticore Posts: 408
    Very nice karma indeed!!!!! but not in.
    Denon AVR X4200W
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    LG 65" Ultra HD4k
    LG 4kBR - UP970
    Denon DVM 4800
    Denon DP 3000 turntable
    Saec 308sx tonearm w/
    Dynavector 10x5 cart
    Vincent PHO 701 Phono Preamp
    MIT Avt3 Speaker c's
    Audio Quest Big Sur ic's
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Polk LSim 707
    Polk LSiM706c
    Polk RTiA 3's
    Polk 80F/X-RT
    Polk DSW PRO 440wi sub
    Infinity bu2 sub
    "The early Klingon gets the Gagh"
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    VERY NICE Brian...

Heck of a karma!
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Very nice indeed.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Not in but Great Karma (or faith filled generosity) thank you.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    I run the same table but mine is silver, not black. Can we trade first ;)
    Did you use the youtube video's for removing the pre?
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    Awesome karma. No TT here, but still have some LP's left over from the days when I did have one. In with 18 please.
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Wow, very nice.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Very B) Karma!!!

Not in though :(
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Very nice karma... wish I didn't 'impulse buy' a used AT LP120 (silver) a couple months or so ago. This black one is sweet, with some nice mods too.

Not in, but someone is going to be VERY happy. This is one heck of a table - solid, sounds great, and packed with cool features (like the cue light, sliding pitch adjustment, and if it floats your boat, the ability to reverse direction).

First class gesture Brian!
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    This is very cool! I have been looking at this exact model to play and rip the stack of LPs my father in law gave me.

In with 3!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Nice Karma! Not in as I already have a fine table but kudos to you!
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Great Karma!!! B)

I'm fine it the TT department.

Good luck to the rest of you. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    Awesome Karma Brian. Not in, but just wanted to confuse you further by posting another message telling you that I'm not in, but how cool it is of you to offer up this table as a karma. I mean it sincerely, too.

Nice cart you're including!
    I disabled signatures.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Not in but wanted to say awesome karma!!
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Brian,

If you're OK with it... I'd like to go in with 50.

Should I win, I'll then offer up my LP120 as another karma and make it a "pay it forward" karma.

I just like the black so much better!

Thanks again for this very generous karma!