Customer service? Max SRs

We shall see. Spoke with Polk about the Magnifi Max SR issues. Said how nobody at Polk seems to be stepping in on the forums, mentioned all the issues we are having, said I want an RMA or recall, ask why numourous emails sent to them had been marked complete even though nobody even replied to me......got the "working on a firmware fix" spiel. They mentioned routers and other wireless devices. I mentioned it's the year 2018. Mentioned the problems have been ongoing since the start, product can't be returned, warranty running out with zero confidence of a fix. I have officially been upgraded to Tier 2.... and a response is supposed to be coming from the Tier 2 dude within 24-48 hrs.

To be continued......

Comments

• mauimauer
    mauimauer Posts: 1
    Keep us posted. They have promised a lot yet failed to deliver.
    (I already went trough a replacement sub, didn't improve the situation one bit)
  • henninge
    henninge Posts: 52
    Well, we are past 48 hours. Nothing. Will be calling them next week. And will keep you updated
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    Neither is quality control. All one has to do is look at the first pages of Customer Service and Troubleshooting to see how many issues people have had this year alone, especially with the Magnifi series.

I feel bad for KenS, it seems he's tasked with trying to clean up the mess on many occasions.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    From what I understand the upcoming firmware update should straighten all the issues. Hopefully the first part of this week.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    F1nut wrote: »
    Polk customer service is not what it once was.......another thing the current ownership hasn't understood from day one.

It's definitely not giving me the warm and fuzzies of late!

No excuses!
  • Hi henninge,

any update yet?....as i have the same issue!..see Polk's response below.

Subject
    Polk Magnifi Max SR 5.1 system - Subwoofer making low frequency distortion noise and popping sounds

Response By Email (Tom C.) (07/30/2018 07:42 AM)
    Hello,

Unfortunately, the popping noise is a firmware issue with the MagniFi Max SR. We are currently working on a fix to stop it from happening, but at this time, I have not been given a projected date for when the fix will be ready to go live.

Tom Carter
    Customer Service Technician

11500 Cronridge Dr
    Suite 110
    Owings Mills, MD 21117
    www.soundunited.com
  • henninge
    henninge Posts: 52
    edited August 2018
    So - I still haven't received a phone call back - who much for tier 2 whatever that is. I will be calling Tue or Wed of this week to followup.

However, updated firmware (v 103) is much better atleast in my case. Sub reverberation is seems to be fixed. There are still issue with the SRs, but less than before - I was told the spiel about ? Is it near a router? POLK - that really needs to be stopped as a cause. It's a wifi speaker! Don't sell wifi speakers then - only those with routers are buying by them!
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • I'm pretty sure Polk is aware that it's a wifi speaker and that it will be used in conjunction with other wireless devices. The problem is if owners place a network router directly beside their speakers.
  • As mentioned, mines on a different floor. Thinking it's not user error the majority of the time
  • Hello,
    I'll ask a friend of mine at Polk to contact you via email.
  • Mikey87
    Mikey87 Posts: 19
    edited November 2018
    henninge wrote: »
    As mentioned, mines on a different floor. Thinking it's not user error the majority of the time

Hello,
    Did you also still have some popping sounds in the sub with fw version 103? I got it every time. Getting crazy about it. Did have contact with Polk USA and Denon Europe and i think they laugh you out of it. Dont take it serious because they dont do any work to search and locate the problem. I know that a lot of Europe subwoofers of the MAX have problems with low volume and especially with talk/dialogs. You hear a low popping/rattle sound. It has Nothing to do with the wireless signal, it is just the sub!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Guys, when asked about the wireless issues/routers, it's simply a box to check when trying to diagnose the problem and one Polk CS must ask. You'd be surprised at the simple mistakes that can be made.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable