Please meet Baxter.....

shawn474
shawn474 Posts: 3,047
Seems to be a time for getting dogs for some forum members. We pretty much have Noah’s Ark at our house and with the rains we have been getting lately it seems appropriate. We have two cats (brother and sister bonded pair), a jack Russell / pit bull mix (named Beans), 2 leopard geckos, a hamster and just lost our last chicken to a respiratory infection. To say we are animal lovers is an understatement. We have a half acre fenced in back yard that is a mini zoo. My wife walks Beans three miles a day every day and the cats get unlimited love from our kids. We had been looking for a dog for the kids for some time now - Beans is a great dog but just tolerant of the kids (13 and 10 year old daughters). Seems to ignore them and doesn’t really allow them to love on him the way they want to. That said, he has never been aggressive or mean - he just coexists with them.

For the last 6 months or so we have been discussing getting a dog more for the kids. The discussions of them helping with raising a puppy and cleaning up / walking a puppy has gone well and we are convinced of their sincerity. I want them to have a dog to bond with before they leave for college - I think EVERY kid should have a dog!!!!

A coworker of mine responsibly breeds goldendoodles and their temperament and personality are perfect for what our expectation is for another family dog. The parents had a litter and we just took ownsership of him - please meet Baxter. He is a hoot, with a very large personality, still clumsy and just as enamored with our kids as they are with him. So far it’s a match made in heaven!

4o1uo5wmbbsn.jpeg
8178ibgv7r90.jpeg
Shawn
AVR: Marantz SR-5011
Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
Front: Polk LsiM703
Rear: LSI fx
Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
DVD Player: Sony PS4

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Watch out. Baxter is known for pooping in the refrigerator and eating an entire wheel of cheese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgTdveyFG5Y
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Congrats, our new friend has been a joy...So far... :)
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Passed out on the couch like that, he doesn’t really look like a Baxter. Maybe a Billy Bob, but a Baxter would have a wine carafe in my mind.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    rpf65 wrote: »
    Passed out on the couch like that, he doesn’t really look like a Baxter. Maybe a Billy Bob, but a Baxter would have a wine carafe in my mind.

qq2e50msr7x7.jpeg
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    His first name was Ted. A Ted i could see passing out with beer at foot.
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Baxter already looks comfy - congrats!
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Congrats.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Cute dog! Congrats!
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    I'm just glad his lipstick wasn't out!
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,908
    edited July 2018
    Congrats on your new puppy!
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Hey Shawn!

Glad to see the family growing. Beans is a sweet dog. Baxter is a beautiful pup. Hope they get along well.
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    Willow, beautiful pup. I didn’t realize they had crossed the Irish setter and poodle breeds!!! I guess the non shedding thing is important and people are wanting to combine their favorite breeds with the poodles. How big is she? Fully grown? Vet said we can expect Baxter to be about 60-65lbs
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Pretty B) Congrats!!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    shawn474 wrote: »
    Willow, beautiful pup. I didn’t realize they had crossed the Irish setter and poodle breeds!!! I guess the non shedding thing is important and people are wanting to combine their favorite breeds with the poodles. How big is she? Fully grown? Vet said we can expect Baxter to be about 60-65lbs

Thank you. She just turned a year in March. She's about 45 lbs. They are an amazing breed. Mom was a full size Irish and dad was a mini poodle. Don't shed and hypoallergenic win win.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited July 2018
    Congrats, good looking dog!

The wife's service dog in training, turned one today, getting presents. Standard Poodle, Royale size. 90 pounds. Our hybrid cat makes him nervous. So far no fighting, and they have been nose to nose.

b8j5r7slgqq8.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Poodles are the shiznit... all we had growing up, scary intelligence. Give it time he will run circles around that jungle cat you have.
    Very nice Rich.
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    edited July 2018
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Give it time he will run circles around that jungle cat you have.

Have you met Jasper? :p
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    agfrost wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Give it time he will run circles around that jungle cat you have.

Have you met Jasper? :p

Not yet :D