CNH...?

JayCee
JayCee Posts: 1,474
Lord knows I don't post much but was reading an old thread w/CNH in it. Hasn't posted since Nov. ????
Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    He tucked tail and headed for his safe space.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    edited July 2018
    Steve (littlewoodenboats) was having health issues. I'm not sure how that turned out. Great guy, I wish him all the best.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• JayCee
    Been a while since I spoke w/Steve (LWB), too. About 4 years. Hope he's well.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    F1nut wrote: »
    Steve (littlewoodenboats) was having health issues. I'm not sure how that turned out. Great guy, I wish him all the best.

Yep, we all do.

People come and go for a variety of reasons. Not everyone's life revolves around audio, least not to the depths many of us carry it.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    la2vegas wrote: »
    @tnhndyman is another that comes to mind.

I believe some time back he mentioned that he had health issues also.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    I thought @cnh was nice and helpful, at least with the interactions that I had with him. He's one of the ones who recommended I go with a NAD integrated early on, and that was a pretty solid recommendation for some entry level gear.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    I had noticed that @Moose68Bash had been quiet for a while, but I guess as of yesterday I understood why :)

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/comment/2429213

It is kind of sad to look at an old thread & see names of folks who were once regular participants here but aren't any more.
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    I check in here every day, I just don't post a whole lot anymore. I joined when it was basically just me, now I'm married with 3 kids so life is a bit busier. I am still heavily into audio, just don't have as much time to post on the forum.

There are still a bunch of great members with great discussions, but the change to Vanilla coinciding with ownership and brand management I think hit everyone hard. It's recovered a bit, but nothing like the "family" feeling I had before the changeover.

I too miss a lot of the names that have moved on..
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    la3fytl9119f.png

I can't let go.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640
    I'm friends on Facebook with many former members who don't post anymore. Sad...
  • F1nut
    hochpt21 wrote: »
    There are still a bunch of great members with great discussions, but the change to Vanilla coinciding with ownership and brand management I think hit everyone hard. It's recovered a bit, but nothing like the "family" feeling I had before the changeover.

In bold is what the current ownership didn't get on day one and still haven't figured out after all these years. The heavy handed censorship is another major problem.

President of Club Polk

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Good to know he's doing well anyway. The man has other interests as well so that's yet another example of why some don't chime in for periods of time. Good for him.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    edited July 2018
    re: the grandparent thing -- my wife is out of town (birding out west) and I babysat our 2-1/2 year old granddaughter "single-handed" this afternoon while mom & dad (on vacation this week) went to a movie. Afterwards, we all feasted on Chinese carryout.

A pretty good Friday, all in all :)

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Congratulations Moose, to both your daughter and you and your wife. May you have another 38 years!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    @cfrizz,

Thank you.

Believe me, we will take all the time together we can get!
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    re: the grandparent thing -- my wife is out of town (birding out west) and I babysat our 2-1/2 year old granddaughter "single-handed" this afternoon while mom & dad (on vacation this week) went to a movie. Afterwards, we all feasted on Chinese carryout.

A pretty good Friday, all in all :)

Sounds like a great day to me!

This grandchild will be my sixth, but for various reasons this is the first with whom I shall likely be able to have a close relationship.

I'm really looking forward to it.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    He tucked tail and headed for his safe space.
    CNH? :* What did you do to scare him off jesse?
  • F1nut
    Wasn't me!

President of Club Polk

• F1nut wrote: »

Thank you F1 for the good thoughts. Until I got the insurance sorted to rebuild my pelvis/hip things got pretty ugly. While the pills can help us get through the day they can also convince us to do stupid things. The voices in my head got so aggressive I woke up one night with the 1911 out of my night stand in my lap and honestly thought about putting a stop to the pain as the final solution was the only thing that would.

As Willow stated I retreated into the wood shop to give love to old, unloved, wood boats because they are the only thing that ever seemed to love me back.

Thank you to everyone who gave a **** as it does mean the world to me. Were it not for the love of a 12 pound Minn Pinn I would most likely not be here to make this post.
  • F1nut
    Welcome back Steve.

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Welcome back big daddy
  • DSkip wrote: »

Thank you F1 for the good thoughts. Until I got the insurance sorted to rebuild my pelvis/hip things got pretty ugly. While the pills can help us get through the day they can also convince us to do stupid things. The voices in my head got so aggressive I woke up one night with the 1911 out of my night stand in my lap and honestly thought about putting a stop to the pain as the final solution was the only thing that would.

As Willow stated I retreated into the wood shop to give love to old, unloved, wood boats because they are the only thing that ever seemed to love me back.

Thank you to everyone who gave a **** as it does mean the world to me. Were it not for the love of a 12 pound Minn Pinn I would most likely not be here to make this post.

Sorry to hear this bud but I am glad to see you sharing again. You've crossed my mind many times over the past 18 months or so but always at poor times to call.

As.screwed up as my head was it was always a bad time to call. The last time I remember us talking I was such a blithering idiot I am amazed you posted this reply.

Thank you
    Welcome back Steve.

Thanks Jesse. I know my system is crap compared to most here but you helped and gave advice even when it was about caps and resistors for a pair of lowly Monitor 7's.

One good thing that came from the down time was the full rebuild of the CA-1000. If you ever run across a clean one buy it. With the primo upgrade kit I am into mine for $600 bucks.
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Good to see you posting again Steve. Man it sucks to have health issssues so severe that it makes you have irrational thoughts. Hope you find relief from your ailments.

Thanks. Some metal plates, and a new hip will do wonders for a guy so I am actually in pretty good shape.

• mhardy6647
    Let me add another great to see you posting! post!

plus...

Nothin' lowly about Monitor 7s

B)

• JayCee
    Hi, Steve @littlewoodboats. Have thought about you often, too....it's been a while since we chatted after I left Texas. So glad you're on the mend and heading in the right direction. Still have the Adcom? Glad to see you back on the forum!

John
  • JayCee wrote: »
    Hi, Steve @littlewoodboats. Have thought about you often, too....it's been a while since we chatted after I left Texas. So glad you're on the mend and heading in the right direction. Still have the Adcom? Glad to see you back on the forum!

John

I do still have the Adcom but have it in a big box.
  • mhardy6647 wrote: »

Nothin' lowly about Monitor 7s

B)

Ours are a pair of series II upgraded about as far as can be done. I have listened to systems way out of my budget and all I think is "my Polk's sound better"