Magnifi Max and Apple TV 4k audio

I'm having a weird phenomena that I can't seem to find anywhere, when I play content on my Apple TV 4K, it always takes about 8-10 seconds for the audio to start even though the video starts right away.

My other devices don't seem to have this issue (Computer and PS4). Obviously that may point to the Apple TV, but given that the Magnifi has other issues, I thought I may want to check with this group first. Any ideas?

Comments

• mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,145
    Look through your settings on the Apple TV and see if there is a “lip sync” setting. Then see if it’s I still 8-10 seconds off of where it should be, and set I think to where it should be. If it isn’t set incorrectly, see if adjusting it makes a difference and then if it does see if you can adjust it enough to fix the problem.
    Not Tom, or Trey, or Jim
    NAD C352
    Monitor Audio Radius R90’s/Mission Freedom 770 IV
    BJC speaker cables, generic RCA’s, one homemade power cable, because that’s going to do any good with the rest of the generic ones.
    Technics SL3200 turntable and a Shure M97xE phono cartridge
    Velodyne VA-907 subwoofer
    Lafayette LR-1100 acting as a tuner and phono.
    I've always thought the goal of high end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • PolkHeroPolkHero Posts: 5
    Thanks for your reply. It's not so much a sync issue (which I hear is an issue on some TVs) as it is just taking 10 seconds to start.
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,145
    PolkHero wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply. It's not so much a sync issue (which I hear is an issue on some TVs) as it is just taking 10 seconds to start.

How is it set up? Apple TV -> SoundBar -> TV? Apple TV -> TV -> Soundbar?
    If it’s is the second option, it could also be your TVs problem.
    Also, does it take ten seconds to start from first turning on? Or after turning on a TV show? If the latter then my guess is the Apple TV is the culprit, if the first then it could be anything.
    Not Tom, or Trey, or Jim
    NAD C352
    Monitor Audio Radius R90’s/Mission Freedom 770 IV
    BJC speaker cables, generic RCA’s, one homemade power cable, because that’s going to do any good with the rest of the generic ones.
    Technics SL3200 turntable and a Shure M97xE phono cartridge
    Velodyne VA-907 subwoofer
    Lafayette LR-1100 acting as a tuner and phono.
    I've always thought the goal of high end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • robertmarkrobertmark Posts: 0
    You need to remember the settings which you can solve the audio issue. It is nothing but some settings issue that can be solved by doing some changes in the settings. When I used to connect my Dell laptop to the Apple Tv 4k then this problem also arose as the video of my laptop played well in the Apple tv 4k but the audio did not come. I got the help from Dell tech support
  • PolkHeroPolkHero Posts: 5
    Gotcha, I could try Apple support. I looked around their forums but didn't find anything, so wanted to ask ya'll.

My set up is Apple TV > Sound Bar > TV. It happens regardless of how long the bar has been on (not just a first-power on thing)
  • henningehenninge Posts: 45
    There's always a delay. Doesn't seem to matter the input source. Let me know if you find a setting that helps or if Polk can (haha) find a solution
  • dangishdangish Posts: 18
    Having intermittant audio drops. The video would drop occasionally and the AppleTV said the cable was having an issue. It’s the actual connection ARC commection on the back of the MagniFi Max. Not the cord, cord works fine with other device in the same spot on the TV.