Interesting read.....

heiney9
heiney9 Posts: 25,079
edited July 2018 in The Clubhouse
"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,589
    Pretty cool. I like that their stuff is assembled in house.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Interesting, indeed. Thanks for sharing
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    I wouldn't trust Nelson Pass to sort my garbage.....
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,019
    One of the best amps I've heard
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Oooooh how I have sellers remorse of my past Threshold/Pass amps

Brock TFS
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • heiney9
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Oooooh how I have sellers remorse of my past Threshold/Pass amps

Brock TFS

I could add more fuel to the fire. This will be my next amp.

https://theaudiobeatnik.com/pass-labs-xa25-pure-class-power-amp-hpa-1-preamp/

Same writer as the tour article.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • heiney9
    lightman1 wrote: »

Would you trust me to sort your garbage?

H9
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    Thanks for sharing. Top shelf company for sure with superior customer support.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,548
    The Pass Labs room at Axpona was a joy to check out. They had all the their amps broke down in sections. The guys were a complete joy to talk to and really got into the gear and knew other manufactures gear as well as their own. Made for some interesting conversation.

Thanks Brock
  • lightman1
    heiney9 wrote: »

H9

Sure. Come on over.... It's mostly bottles and beard trimmings. Easy peasy.....
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,020
    edited July 2018
    heiney9 wrote: »

H9

Sure. Come on over.... It's mostly bottles and beard trimmings. Easy peasy.....

You trim that thing?!
    Jeepers, if you didn't, you'd look like Cousin Itt.
    Well -- a kinda tall Cousin Itt, I suppose.

6d9eqw0s44zb.png

• txcoastal1
    On the hunt for a set of speakers

Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,781
    Nelson Pass is a hack.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    That's the truth. Plus he is a Californian.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,089
    edited July 2018
    Nelson Pass is a hack... :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    When I grow up and get big I’m gonna....
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • lightman1
    I wouldn't trust Nelson Pass to plug in a drop cord.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,089

This coming from a guy that can't screw in a friggin light bulb, and uses a butter knife to fix a toaster while its still toasting the bread.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Hey, back off on Russ...

Is a good guy, didn't soil the bushes but did kinda piss on my shoe.

Which he apologized for.... :o
  • lightman1

This coming from a guy that can't screw in a friggin light bulb, and uses a butter knife to fix a toaster while its still toasting the bread.

I just change out the whole fixture to get my point across and a knife in the toaster is better than coffee to kick start your day. You should try it.
    oldrocker wrote: »
    Hey, back off on Russ...

Yeah...My bad David. I thought you were a tree.
  • txcoastal1
    Hey, back off on Russ...

You got lucky, seen him try to hump a leg or two after midnight

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited July 2018
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Hey, back off on Russ...

You got lucky, seen him try to hump a leg or two after midnight

.....and not necessarily human legs either. ;):p

Just ask Ryan, ya share a room with Russ and you better bolt 2 sheets of plywood around your bottom half before going to sleep. Even then, you might be woken up at 3 a.m. by the sound of a drill with a hole saw. :)

For those that need a visual ……..
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,548

But he'd pay you well to do it for him...