Probably the best 6SN7 ever made

Options
heiney9
heiney9 Posts: 25,079
edited July 2018 in The Clubhouse
This is one of the sources I have used in the past for some hard to find tubes. He seems solid based on length in business and feedback.

These 1944/45 NOS Tung Sol 6SN7's are probably the best around. So I'm just giving you 6SN7 tube guys a heads up. They are pricey, but try and find NOS in original boxes and wrap anywhere these days.

http://www.nostubestore.com/2018/07/tung-sol-jan-ctl-6sn7gt-vt-231-round.html

I know the last time I posted a heads up for NOS Raytheon 5751 bp, windmill getters you guys eventually bought all he had.....lol.

H9

P.s. I have the 6SL7 equivalent of these (Jan CTL-6SU7GTY) and they are stellar and sound phenomenal.
"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    Options
    I just hate you right now Brock...

way too pricey for me
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,079
    Options
    Yeah, I agree if I had gear that used these, I don't think I'd spend that much. But they are pristine and super rare. Even I have my limits when it comes to spending $$$ on tubes.

For years and years I've wanted the Bendix 5992 (6V6 equivalent) but the lowest price I've seen is about $125 each used and $250 new. I need a quad, that's too much coin, no matter how good they sound or how long they last.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    One matched pair left! 🤭

Christmas present to . . . myself? Lotta dough . . . think’n
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,000
    Options
    Oh my...and just as I'm about to receive a pair of Shuguang Black Treasure CV-181Z from China, on top of a pair of Sylvania 6SN7GT. You tube guys have a problem :D
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon