Marvel/Disney Has a problem

2»

Comments

• cfrizzcfrizz Posts: 12,960
    The bigger they are, the more they think they can get away with crap and the bigger their arrogance is. Big corporations think like this all the time. Until you hit them in their wallet, they will keep on putting out an inferior products.

Even though I have an Oppo, I'm seriously considering continuing to get regular DVDs rather than BR. It will save me some money and possible disappointment.

Do you think it's just the 4k discs or is the poor quality with regular BRs as well.
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony Bravia KDL-40R510C TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, SVS NSD-12 SB12 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers
  • HermitismHermitism Posts: 1,823
    edited June 1
    cfrizz wrote: »
    Do you think it's just the 4k discs or is the poor quality with regular BRs as well.
    Cathy, both Black Panther and Thor 3 that I bought were on regular Blu-ray. And both were bad as far as sound. Black Panther being the worst of the two.

2.0 - Marantz NA8005 | Polk LSiM703 | PS Audio: Duet, Power Port Classic, PerfectWave AC5 x2 PC | Wireworld Equinox 7 IC | Sanus UF30 | OC703 Panels

6.1 - Pio Elite SC-05 | Pio BDP-51FD | Polk: RTi8, CSi5, F/Xi3, CSi3 | HSU Research VTF-2 MK4 | Monster HTS 5000 | DCF124BW x3 SC | Pangea: AC-9SE x2, 14SE, 14 PC | AQ Chocolate x2 HDMI | M850SW | PS Audio Power Port Classic x2 | OC703 Panels
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 17,861
    I have no desire to see either one anyway, especially Black Panther, so no worries for me.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• honestaquarianhonestaquarian Posts: 1,966
    cfrizz wrote: »
    The bigger they are, the more they think they can get away with crap and the bigger their arrogance is. Big corporations think like this all the time. Until you hit them in their wallet, they will keep on putting out an inferior products.

Even though I have an Oppo, I'm seriously considering continuing to get regular DVDs rather than BR. It will save me some money and possible disappointment.

You hit the nail right on the head @cfrizz
    I got the 4K set, because it includes the regular Blu-ray of both movies. I didn't notice an issue with Thor, but Black Panther I had to turn up the volume way past what I normally listen at in order to get any dynamics or bass.
    I haven't watched the 4K because I don't have a 4K display device yet, but the upgrade continues s l o w l y. I watched both on my new UDP-205.
    Living room Home theater: Upgrade Company modified Onkyo PR-SC5509,Sunfire Cinema grand Signature 5 channel amp(1st gen),Carver TFM-45,Carver M-400a,Panasonic TC-P50ST60 50" Plasma(last gen before Plasma production stopped)Pioneer Elite DVL-91,Meridian 519 Dolby AC-3 RF Demodulator,Oppo Digital UDP-205,TiVo Bolt VOX,Nakamich BX-300,Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type VxMR cartridge,Polk SDA-SRS 3.1 TL(with RD-0198 tweeters, upgraded with Larry's rings, black hole5,an Avel-Lindberg 1000VA isolation transformer, VR3 customer crossovers and internal wiring),Polk CS-1000P(with SL-6506 tweeter),Polk Monitor 5jr(with RD-0194 tweeters),Polk RT-35i (1),Polk Mini Monitors,Polk PSW150(4)Monster Power HTPS 7000 MKII Signature series,Monster Power AVS 2000 Signature Series,Various MIT,Monster,Upgrade Company and Belden interconnect,power,HDMI,Coax and Toslink Digital and speaker cables.

Bedroom 2 channel system:Integra DTM 40.4,Nakamichi BX-100,TiVo mini,Musical Fidelity X-LPS,X-PSU,Carver TFM-25,Sony KV-34XBR970(last of the widescreen tube sets before production stopped)Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type V MR cartridge,Polk RT-55(with SL-6506 tweeters),Polk PSW-200 in plexiglass(2),Sony Playstation 3 slim.Monster Power HTPS-7000,Monster AVS-2000, PowerVarious Kimber,Audioquest and MIT interconnects and speaker cables.
  • NeilP830NeilP830 Posts: 1
    It's sad when the TDK 4K trilogy's DTS-HD Master Audio tracks sound better than any of the Disney MCU 4K releases with Dolby Atmos :/
    I hope Infinity War is a better release.
2»