Anyone recognize this speaker?

Jimbo18
Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
edited July 2018 in The Clubhouse
Ad says they were $600 each originally but apparently no identification on them at all.

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/ele/d/incredible-speakers/6638672854.html

068vblgievgr.jpg

Comments

• billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,163
    Looks like "white van' garbage. You can get very respectable Polk, Mirage, Pinnacle, etc. for less than $200 if you are patient.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Another definitely White Van.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited July 2018
  • Jimbo18
    Thanks, I hadn't planned on buying them, just wondered what they were. I have seen plenty of ads for WV speakers, but these didn't look as "polished" as most of them, therefore, in my mind, more legitimate, if that makes sense.

Most of the cabinets on white van speakers look nicer in order to make them look more costly. At least that's what I have been seeing, for the most part.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Jimbo18 wrote: »
    Thanks, I hadn't planned on buying them, just wondered what they were. I have seen plenty of ads for WV speakers, but these didn't look as "polished" as most of them, therefore, in my mind, more legitimate, if that makes sense.

Most of the cabinets on white van speakers look nicer in order to make them look more costly. At least that's what I have been seeing, for the most part.

Oh, there are plenty of really cheezy ones too. That "black ash vinyl" :p is a classic.
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    edited July 2018
    la2vegas wrote: »

Not just white van but Cavelli is a Swedish brand; these are likely counterfeit. Just returned from 4 years in Germany and never saw the name. Went to the Munich high end audio show and a few shops around my area. Apparently, priced in the $2k and up range. It's always crazy expensive in the Scandinavian countries, so not sure if price = performance for the real deal. Google search found this...

http://www.startribune.com/feds-seize-1-4m-in-knockoff-home-sound-systems-at-minnesota-border-crossing/477377903/

Feds might be knocking on the CL dudes door very soon!
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    BASURA...in a word....
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    not to be confused with Vanna White.

z3lyd0ced66x.png

https://www.antigonerising.com/bio

Antigone Rising opened for The Rolling Stones when I saw them aabout ten years ago, can't remember when maybe 2006 or 2008. Pretty energized group of women there. Good opening act. I picked up one of their CD's, pretty good also. Hadn't heard anything about them for awhile, good to know they are still active.
  • Jimbo18
    dromunds wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    not to be confused with Vanna White.

z3lyd0ced66x.png

https://www.antigonerising.com/bio

Antigone Rising opened for The Rolling Stones when I saw them aabout ten years ago, can't remember when maybe 2006 or 2008. Pretty energized group of women there. Good opening act. I picked up one of their CD's, pretty good also. Hadn't heard anything about them for awhile, good to know they are still active.

And apparently selling speakers now :)