Fell off the wagon

afterburnt
afterburnt Posts: 7,892
edited July 2018 in Music & Movies
I bought a CD today, first one in weeks. Back to rehab.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    I have that old rehab cd. Might have to pop in in tonight.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    afterburnt wrote: »
    I bought a CD today, first one in weeks. Back to rehab.

Typical bogart didn't even share
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited July 2018
    Bruce since your off the wagon and I'm on it, get that new Utopia box set that just came out I need I need. Im currently on the wagon and have been so for the past week.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • txcoastal1
    I’m just stating he could have shared what he’s listening too

Cough it up Bruce what did you buy...or post it in the embarrassing thread
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• afterburnt
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Ron, just Audioslave that I didn't have, cost five and change.
  • afterburnt
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Bruce since your off the wagon and I'm on it, get that new Utopia box set that just came out I need I need. Im currently on the wagon and have been so for the past week.

Sent that off to my bud for his retirment. He wont send it back, his wife hates me. I wonder why???
  • txcoastal1
    afterburnt wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Ron, just Audioslave that I didn't have, cost five and change.

Buying the cheap stuff, yeah that's still a problem ;)

$5 on some A-slave can be easily forgiven

• afterburnt
    DSkip wrote: »
    I'm still shocked you found the wagon.

I AM THE WAGON, SON. How ya been kid?
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    Heh -- I was in a brick-and-mortar store (Newbury Comics) a coupla weeks ago and stumbled upon this. I'd probably be embarrassed to say how much I paid for it on those little polycarbonate discs with the pitted aluminum layer :p At least this version includes two of them l'il discs. :)

q8t385awngou.png

So, yeah, I'm empathetic.

I love this album, though. This makes the third version of it I've bought -- not counting the original on licorice pizza.
  • 55LS70
    55LS70 Posts: 184
    edited July 2018
    Newbury Comics, did you go to the store in Boston? I was there a couple of years ago when visiting to watch the tall ships. That Townshend album is a good one. I bought it on UK import when it first came out. I haven't put it on in years. Maybe I'll give it a spin in a day or so.
    Decware CSP3 Preamp, RCA 6DJ8, 2 X Rocket 6N1P-EV's, Cary SLA70B Signature V2 Amplifier: 2 X Mullard GZ32's, 2 X RCA/GE 5691's, 4 X Tung-Sol 6550's

Cambridge Audio 640C V2 CD Player & Dacmagic DAC

Rega Planar 3: Deep Groove Subplatter, P3 Motor
    upgrade, Dynavector 10x5, JA Michell counterwieght, Cardas tonearm wiring and Mapleshade stand

Parks Audio Budgie Hybrid Phonostage with BEL 6922 tubes, Polk Audio LS70's

H.H. Scott 330D AM/FM Tuner with H.H. Scott 335 Multiplex adaptor.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    No, there's a small one here in a neighboring town. They're (still) scattered around much of northern New England... not quite sure how they've survived while their competitors have gone Tango Uniform ;) but so far they're still plugging along.

Speaking of which: Even the aforementioned small store in West Lebanon NH has a rather remarkable selection of vinyl rekkids -- new and used.
  • afterburnt
    Just sprung for the "Utopia" boxed set. Luckily I have only about ten more CD's that I want but I still have to hold off. I need 10k saved in 18 months.