Bluetooth cutting in and out

We’ve had this sound bar with a sub and 2 smaller speakers (idk all the terminology) for about a month. Never had any issues. Today the Bluetooth to my phone is cutting in and out, it will play 3-7 seconds just fine and then cut out for EXACTLY 5 seconds and continuously do this the entire time.
I have deleted the sound bar from my Bluetooth in iPhone settings, restarted my phone, connected and disconnected from WiFi.
It’s annoying! It’s working 100% fine with my TV because it’s plugged into the TV. Just the Bluetooth is doing this. UGH HELP

Comments

• shelbyn04
    shelbyn04 Posts: 1
    I am having this exact same issue. Did you every resolve it?
    Got a DBS1 soundbar from Dish network 2 weeks ago, the very day it was installed it started doing this. It worked great via bluetooth until the installer left. We've tried getting help from Dish but they say it's not their problem. It's my phone. I should contact Apple. Yeah...Pass the buck. Anyway, I'm hoping I can find a fix before I contact Polk about it.
  • swh013
    swh013 Posts: 1
    I don’t know if you have resolved your issue, but if so, maybe this will help someone else down the line. I had the same problem - six seconds of audio followed by four seconds of silence, repeat - and it ended up being the sub causing the issue. Unplug it and plug it back in, once the light on the back of the sub goes green it should start working normally. It did for me and I haven’t been this excited in a long time! I use the bar to listen to music and this is the best set up I have in the house.
  • Unplugged my subwoofer, now the status light is only red
  • I should say, unplugged, replugged it in, now it only shows red status light, not green.
  • DISH sold me this POS. It only works with their system, can't get it to work with a Bluetooth player, it cuts out, like everyone else's is doing, and their tech, who says the unit is not putting out enough signal, is FULL OF SH#T. I've had my iphone X sitting directly in front of the unit, at full volume, fully charged, and it is still cutting out. I've restarted the sub woofer unit. Still not working. What a POS.
  • Had the same issue and it happens whenever a) the subwoofer is connected then b) the soundbar is powered down then c) the soundbar is powered on and d) the subwoofer status light is red.

It takes a couple minutes for the subwoofer to connect by itself. If it doesn't, it requires resyncing the soundbar and subwoofer, and sometimes "forgetting" the soundbar bluetooth device on your phone and reconnecting to it.

This is an unacceptable user experience. The sound quality is great but with this level of daily hassle I would never recommend this product. Other sound bar systems have seamless bluetooth pairing and automatic transitions between bluetooth devices. Please catch up to speed, Polk!
  • bpnowlin1214
    bpnowlin1214 Posts: 1
    edited August 2019
    I know this is old, but i have the polk dbs1 with the speakers and sub i found that to fix the cutting in and out had to relearn the sub to the sound bar hope this helps anyone in the future
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    I cannot fathom why anyone would want to play music off their phone via bluetooth. Talk about no fidelity!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut wrote: »
    I cannot fathom why anyone would want to play music off their phone via bluetooth. Talk about no fidelity!!!

It's more about the convenience...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Poor excuse, IMO.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Jerzy
    Jerzy Posts: 0
    F1nut wrote: »
    Poor excuse, IMO.

So whats the excuse when the audio cable is plugged in directly. Because the same cutting in and out from the rear speakers and the sub happens when a audio cable is plugged in.