Pioneer SC-05 has gone kaput, now what?

obieone
obieone Posts: 5,077
Need something with enough internal power to drive my Mythos STS's, Don't really need all the bells and whistles associated with video up-scaling etc. just some decent audio.
Doesn't even have to be surround capable(since H-wood stopped producing movies I like)
Any feedback is greatly appreciated. :)
I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!

Comments

• rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Might be a good time to consider seperates, or really good excuse to buy a power amp and an older 7-channel AVR.
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    If you are looking to stay simple like the 05. Get the SC-99. I just happen to have one that I have never hooked up. Somehow I don’t have the box either. Go figure. But let me know if interested. It’s kind of a name your price thing.

Cheers.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited July 2018
    Shame it didn't die sooner, I just sold my SC-99 about a month ago.
    But is sadden's me to hear it died. The SC-05 was a very special receiver. I loved the whole SC line over the years. The SC-99 was the last of the greats and the last to sport the USB DAC which I dearly miss now.
    If you can find a SC-99, I'm saying look for one. It's the very best SC Model since the mighty SC-09THX unless you could care less about more up to date formats which he SC-99 can do 4k and HDR just not Dolby Vision, then maybe it's time to own the baddest of the bad and search for a SC-09THX. It's a monster.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • doggie750
    doggie750 Posts: 1,160
    I am happy with my SC07
    Godspeed,
    D0661E

AVR:Pioneer Elite SC-07
    Surrounds: RTis
    2channel:Rti100 (carver driven
    Sub:SVS PB12-Plus/2
    Dedicated AMPs:Adcom GFA535, 2xCarver 1.5t, Carver m1.0t
    Wsrn:Hitachi ultra vision LCD60, 32XBR400
    PowerConditioner: MonsterC HTS5100
    PS3, Toshiba HD A2, etc: SonySACD/ Panasonic gears DIVX.

MR3LIGION: Polkaudio; GSXR; E46; Reeftank;
    Odyclub; Xsimulator; Sony; Zune; Canon