TV Volume problem..

Toolfan66
Toolfan66 Posts: 16,837
We have an older Samsung Plasma TV, when we turn the TV on the volume is at 74 just screaming at you, get it turned down, shut it off and back on same thing..
I have looked at all settings, unplugged it for a few, same thing. It’s very annoying..
The TV still has a fantastic picture as is fine except the volume issue..

Any ideas???

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Yep turn off the TV speakers and use a reciever and bookshelf speakers. Problem solved.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Yep turn off the TV speakers and use a reciever and bookshelf speakers. Problem solved.

Or a magnify mini. Used go for less than a bill on eBay.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    We have an older Samsung Plasma TV, when we turn the TV on the volume is at 74 just screaming at you, get it turned down, shut it off and back on same thing..
    I have looked at all settings, unplugged it for a few, same thing. It’s very annoying..
    The TV still has a fantastic picture as is fine except the volume issue..

Any ideas???

Is there a setting where you can return the audio to defaults? Don't know what that would be, but it should be a lot lower.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,309
    Is this a smart tv?
    (Don't answer that. If it knew what was good for it...)
    Wondering whether there's been a firmware update to address this.
    Otherwise, have to say, factory reset and then lastly, yeah, like the guys say, disable the speakers and use out to receiver or sound bar.

Is there a headphone jack? Wonder if a dummy plug would disable the speakers.
    I disabled signatures.