USB to SPDIF Converters?

Options
msg
msg Posts: 9,434
I saw a couple of threads a while back about USB to SPDIF converters, and the Peachtree X1 and Musical Fidelity V-LINK seemed to be good overall options for quality/cost. I have a couple of old DACs that don't offer USB that I'd like to check out with computer audio.

I think iFi makes one as well, the iLink.

Anyone else using one of these converters other than the aforementioned, and getting good results?
I disabled signatures.

Comments

• machone
    machone Posts: 1,473
    edited July 2018
    Options
    M2 Tech HiFace Two was recommended to me by Benjamin of Mojo Audio.
    I have no personal experience with this device but he knows digital.
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,434
    Options
    Thanks, man. Yeah, that M2TECH HiFace stuff keeps popping up in my reading, mostly just casual at this point. Probably need to dive into the research a little deeper.

Seems an overlooked/obsolete segment these days as a lot of people have moved on to more advanced DACs that already have a USB option.

There are lots of cheap options out there, but I get the sense that going that route will probably destroy the benefits I think USB's offering.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    Topping D10 is 20% off for Prime Day and it does USB in -> Coax/Optical out.

https://www.amazon.com/TOPPING-Dilvpoetry-es9018k2m-opa2134-Amplifier/dp/B07B46KQVP/