Amazing Customer Service

Options
BC6
BC6 Posts: 109
Hey all. I want to share a story about incredible stupidity (mine) and amazing customer service. Several months ago I had the bright idea of bi-amping my Atoll IN300 and Yamaha MX-a5000 because there was a hum when I used the HT bypass on the Atoll. It was probably the cable box, but the Yamaha has 11 channels, and I had a couple extra channels to run the front speakers without the HT bypass, so it seemed like a good idea. But when I hooked them up (you can see it coming…) I forgot to take out the jumper between the posts, and heard a really loud pop followed by a thin wisp of smoke coming from the Atoll. Hoping it was just a fuse, I opened it up and replaced the fuses. Unfortunately, they also smoked. D’oh!

So I called US distributor for Atoll, Emilios at Audio Excellent https://www.audioexcellent.com. He decided it would be best to send the amp to France and told me it would take a long time, which I was reluctantly ok with. Last week, after about two months, I called for an update and he told me that since they weren’t in a hurry in France, he was going to send me a brand new amp for no cost! I got a brand new amp in spite of being the idiot who caused the problem! And even before I bought the amp, Emilios was amazing. When I was shopping, he answered a ton of questions - like does the Atoll have a common ground for the 2.3tl’s - and has always returned my calls within an hour. I’m sorry to sound like a commercial, but I feel it’s the least I can do for him. If you ever have need of anything he sells, please contact him. You won’t be sorry.

While I’m gushing about customer service, I want to put in a plug for my favorite audio dealer as well. For those of you in Colorado, or if you’re passing through, go see Matt at Crescendo Fine Audio. He is an old school audio dealer. I first went to him when I found I had a little extra money and decided to head back down the rabbit hole. He’s been amazing and has made the whole process a lot of fun. He lets you audition gear in your home, he gives great advice, and has never tried to up-sell or change my mind on a purchase. He also gave me a loaner Atoll IN200 for the duration of the repair. Over the last year, he has received a lot of my money, but sadly I’m happy with my system (for now) and I’m out of discretionary funds, so I’d like send Matt more customers. We need to keep dealers like him in business.

Thank you for indulging me in my gushing over their customer service. I wish there were more businesses like theirs, or at least that it wasn’t so rare to be treated so well.
2 Channel: Atohm GT-1 speakers, Atoll IN400 integrated amp, PS Audio DirectStream DAC, PS Audio NuWave Phono Converter, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB with Ortofon Bronze cartridge, SotM sMS-200 ultra streamer, SotM sPS-500 power supply, and homemade infinite baffle subwoofer with two Fi Audio IB318 drivers.

HT: All Polk: SDA 2.3tl fronts, CSiA6 center, 500-LS ceiling, RT/FX, RTi8, Monitor 4 rears, plus Yamaha CX-a5100 AV Preamplifier/Processor, Yamaha MX-a5000 11.1 channel amplifier, and Sony XBR55-AE1 OLED TV.

Comments

• Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Thanks for the write up. And letting us know about stand up dealers and distributors. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,063
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I'm an idiot. I thought the title was AMAZON Customer Service. I had to re-read your post trying to figure out how Amazon played a role in the whole process. Finally went back and re-read the title and then it all made sense. :(:D

Anyway, glad you had an awesome experience and thanks for sharing.
    Post edited by PSOVLSK on
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden