nbrowser Kind of Friday Night

Comments

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    There is nothing wrong with taking a timeout, or even quiting, but having all your posts removed strikes me as being a bit selfish. I didn't see squat in the Road Trip thread that was out of line. I was looking forward to meeting him if he decided to visit the Bay Area.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited July 2018
    tonyb wrote: »
    I never understood it, why he left. Maybe someone can fill me in by PM. I didn't follow the whole thread myself, but from what I did see was....

Polkies offering him great advice, places to stop and see, and even offering up their own homes for him to stay at. I have myself told Ken he could stay with me if ever in Chicago. The generosity of the members here always shocks me.

I saw a few political shots at Cali, but nothing directed at Ken himself, unless I missed it. Just the usual banter that sometimes takes threads off course. So what though, not the worlds end and certainly not reason enough to dump all the good relationships he's earned/fostered over the years. Am I missing something ?

BINGO!!!

IMO, one has other issues if that thread was enough to act like a 2 year old.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    My posting is so sporadic that if I left, no one would know I was gone for at least a year. Then someone would say, "Hey, what ever happened to that Charlie Brown guy, clubpolk's blockhead? Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, he was the Charlie Brownest!"
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Don't worry Herm, the Club Polk Snoopy, aka Russ, would find ya. ;):)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    tonyb wrote: »
    Don't worry Herm, the Club Polk Snoopy, aka Russ, would find ya. ;):)

I would send him to find Nbrowser but I think all the snow melted in Canuckistan.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    nbroswer, if you are reading this, please come back! We all miss you! (At least, most of us do.)
  • Hermitism
    Good times, I remember it like it was yesterday. I'd send him private messages... he wouldn't reply. I'd comment in his threads... he wouldn't reply. I'd ask him questions... he wouldn't answer. It was as if he couldn't see my posts.

j/k :smiley:
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    edited July 2018
    [This message has been approved by the audiophile formerly known as nbrowser]

For those that wish to get in touch with Ken, just add his username to @hotmail.com to send him an email message. :)
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Clipdat wrote: »
    [This message has been approved by the audiophile formerly known as nbrowser]

For those that wish to get in touch with Ken, just add his username to @hotmail.com to send him an email message. :)

Already messaged him on Xbox. I don't think he gets on much though so thanks.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Clipdat
    I've often wondered how he got that "nbrowser" username to begin with. What does it MEAN? What happened to mbrowser, lbrowser, or kbrowser?
  • Hermitism
    He explained it once but I can't remember. I think it had something to do with him being a moderator in another forum. Or at least him being a moderator was part of a story he was telling when he explained his username. I'd look it up, but...
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    Willow wrote: »
    We had a short discussion via email and yes he is gone and is not coming back. Also yes to his post about traveling to the US is the straw that broke the camel's back.

That's too bad he's gone. I wished he would have just taken a break. It's crazy how things can escalate so fast by words in a thread.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    BlueFox wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with taking a timeout, or even quiting, but having all your posts removed strikes me as being a bit selfish. I didn't see squat in the Road Trip thread that was out of line. I was looking forward to meeting him if he decided to visit the Bay Area.

This ^^^.
    You want to vacate, that's your right. But to ask to have all your posts removed is just silly. Polk should offer to simply leave them as Deleted User or something, with no direct references to the original account. My .02
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited July 2018
    The choice to leave or delete previous posts is done by the person deciding to delete their account.
  • Hermitism
    The choice to leave or delete previous posts is done by the person deciding to delete their account.
    When someone deletes their account and has their posts removed, are their posts gone forever or are they put in a sort of "Recycle Bin" and can be restored at a later date if they decide to return? Like a Purgatory for posts before they are restored or deleted forever.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    They are gone irrevocably.
  • Clipdat
    Turned on my system after work and went from CD, to SACD, to vinyl. Kept saying one more record, one more record, and the next thing I know it's 9pm and I haven't eaten dinner!

I guess it's a good sign that my system is drawing me in like that!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    And a great way to lose weight.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Clipdat
    After seeing how some of the rooms at the show were setup and how they sounded, it's becoming clear to me that my speakers need to be further apart and slightly toed in. Unfortunately the way the room that they're in is setup, that's not possible.

I think it's a large reason why my stereo imaging is suffering.
  • Clipdat
    Just found this photo online. At least mine aren't as close as these! I can't imagine that 703s would sound great setup like this:

ebj5cfcyskbz.jpg
  • Clipdat
    So I just measured, and there's only 33 inches in between my left and right speakers. Ugh :(
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    I have a similar near field set up. Using LSi7's 50" apart wall mounted above my desk. They are angled and toe'd in. I get good sound stage and set up replaced the Polk TL3's.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    Kind of an odd, unrelated revival to this thread.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    PSOVLSK wrote: »

Well Paul,
    We want Ken back...and you sold me the LSi7's

I can relate :)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Clipdat
    Sorry, I thought this was officially the new "Friday Night" thread where we talk about our systems or our listening experiences.

• Hermitism
    Sorry, I thought this was officially the new "Friday Night" thread where we talk about our systems or our listening experiences.
    This is an anything you want it to be thread.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021

It is now :wink:

Hermitism wrote: »

The OP has spoken and so it shall be. :D
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Hermitism wrote: »

on that note...

" This one time at band camp "...........

:D:D:D:D:D