In Wall speakers worthy of music

Comments

• verbverb Posts: 2,987
    Removed old speakers. Cut new opening size in drywall LH side. Installed 2x4 boards above an below new opening. Sealed enclosure. Install was a snap. On to the RH side, which has to be relocated further away from the the corner.
    7gcj074ehrpt.jpeg
    Basement: Polk SDA 1C's, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, Rotel 1580 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Carver TX8 Tuner, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • ManticoreManticore Posts: 282
    verb wrote: »
    7gcj074ehrpt.jpeg
    Should say " moved end table so my feet have room to hang over when i sleep here the next few nights" :'(

Looking good so far!!
    Denon AVR X4200W
    Parasound HCA 1500A amplifier
    Adcom GFA 555 amplifier
    LG 65" Ultra HD4k
    LG 4kBR - UP970
    Denon DVM 4800
    Denon DP 3000 turntable
    Saec 308sx tonearm w/
    Dynavector 10x5 cart
    NAD pp 4 Phono Preamp
    MIT Avt3 Speaker c's
    Audio Quest Big Sur ic's
    Polk RTiA 7's
    Polk CSi A6
    Polk RTiA 3's
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Polk DSW PRO 440wi sub
    Infinity bu2 sub
    "The early Klingon gets the Gagh"
    2nd speaker installed, old speaker hole patched. But, the spackling is not drying as fast as I would like. In other words, I got busted! The Mrs came home and, well you know the drill. In the end, she was happy with the new speakers, just that I need to finish the spackle job and repaint.

w2zooo2fdqyu.jpg
    Basement: Polk SDA 1C's, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, Rotel 1580 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Carver TX8 Tuner, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,567
    Manticore wrote: »
    Just explain to her that due to the leak in the wall by making the holes larger it reduces the back pressure on the dingamijig... you get the point :o :o :o

Genius! I see another lump coming! :smile:

Oh yes the old pete the puma cartoon one lump or two ha ha ha.
  • mdaudioguymdaudioguy Posts: 4,545
    2nd speaker installed, old speaker hole patched. But, the spackling is not drying as fast as I would like. In other words, I got busted! The Mrs came home and, well you know the drill. In the end, she was happy with the new speakers, just that I need to finish the spackle job and repaint.
    A well-conceived and fairly well-executed operation. Congrats on not getting executed yourself!
    7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : Sunfire SDS-12 : Yamaha Aventage RX-A2040 : Adcom GFA-7500 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Roku SE : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @ 120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Pioneer Elite SC-91: DIRECTV : LG OLED55B6P : Roku Premiere+
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,528
    Are those your rear surround speakers?
    Got Dayens?
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Are those your rear surround speakers?

They are the main speakers for the living room. WAF would not allow anything else. Main purpose is for casual listening, friends over at the house, walking around the 1st floor kinda stuff. Plus I got Jesse's sub hooked up in the living room as well.
    edited July 11
    Oh ok, cool. I was just having a hard time picturing the room layout, due to how the couch was positioned. I'm sure they sound great.

Did they come with grilles?
    Got Dayens?
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,092

U no it!

vmn38yu0j869.jpg

Oh ok, cool. I was just having a hard time picturing the room layout, due to how the couch was positioned. I'm sure they sound great.

Yep. Low profile white grills. There is another couch on the other side of the room as well. More optimal listening position.
    Viking64 wrote: »

U no it!

vmn38yu0j869.jpg

Viking64 wrote: »

U no it!

vmn38yu0j869.jpg

Yeah baby! I need some diamond encrusted gold blingy speaker grills! :smile:
    Spackle operation underway! RH speaker is now in a better location from the corner.
    d7hkhvjxien4.jpg
    Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on them as they get some hours on them and break in. Dual woofers, I bet those are gonna rock!
    Got Dayens?
    I'll be breaking em in tomorrow while spackling! And other projects (kitchen crown moldings) on the main floor!
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 9,803
    edited July 11
    David @verb is pooty whipped.

As a general consensus.... Do I have the go ahead to pick on Dave?
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 9,803
    I feel that I haven't given him a proper introduction to myself and the diabolical things that happen should I darken his doorstep.
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,657
    How could Mr. Sunshine, himself, darken a doorstep? :*
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,092
    FestYboy wrote: »
    How could Mr. Sunshine, himself, darken a doorstep? :*

By making it brown?
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 18,058
    I cant believe you did all that work and left that ratty looking speaker wire rather than get some good 10 gauge OFC cables in there... :p

J/K...

Looks awesome.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

I cant believe you did all that work and left that ratty looking speaker wire rather than get some good 10 gauge OFC cables in there... :p

J/K...

Looks awesome.

I thought about it, but since this setup is for non-critical listening, I decided to keep it. Besides the wires were all stapled in place, I couldn't use it to pull new wire through.
    lightman1 wrote: »
    I feel that I haven't given him a proper introduction to myself and the diabolical things that happen should I darken his doorstep.

Aren't you a walking EMP? If anything the place would light up instantly upon your arrival. :smile:
    Thanks brother!

J/K...

Looks awesome.

I thought about it, but since this setup is for non-critical listening, I decided to keep it. Besides the wires were all stapled in place, I couldn't use it to pull new wire through.

BTW thanks John!
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 4,491
    Looks really good! And I am sure the sound quality has improved exponentially.

I have done many a covert operation like this, but fortunately both my wife and I travel a lot for work, and when she’s gone I have multiple nights to complete the op before she returns...
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio Nova Integrated; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10 + MartinLogan Dynamo (original) sub; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - SVS PB10-ISD; LG UP870 4K BDP

Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; Audiosource Amp Two, PSB Imagine B, Boston VR-10 center, NHT Super One CI surrounds, ACI Titan subwoofer, Squeezebox Touch
  • TopperDudeTopperDude Posts: 52
    I'm sure you and the the wife are going to love them !!
    Did I mention I hate sparkling? :smile: It’s like a virus, the fallout keeps spreading! Patch is growing larger and larger to feather out to the wall. 2nd coat, now more sanding!

At least the wall speakers are operational, and they sound exquisite!

d2cq2m6cnfmj.jpeg
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 18,058
    Now might not be a good time to point out that in order to match the paint, you might just have to do that entire wall....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Hehe! Already got some paint to match! The wall paint is less than a year old, so still pretty free from fading. Had to do other work in the room, got the same color/formula and it match well.
    Primered!
    6hcdw7k7iz7a.jpeg