Can I use a pair of SDA 1C with an Onkyo M-282

Good Afternoon Polk Forum I have a question would i be able to use a pair of SDA-1cs with the SDA cable connected with An Onkyo M-282 Is that amp common ground or no if not what would a good common ground amp be for under $350 USD

Comments

• mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,236
    I think it probably has the power, although I can’t find a schematic on the interwebs. If you have a multimeter, you can use it to test the resistance across the negative terminals. If it reads less than one ohm, you are probably OK.
    Micah
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • Thank you for your response Micah
    I'm just looking for cheap amplifier where I can use the SDA feature I've already got a receiver that I absolutely love could you or anyone recommend a good amplifier I could use thats under the $400 mark
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 40,494
    Test the negative outputs.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,867
    If you're patient, you can get an Adcom GFA 555 for that much. Also there are big boy NADs out there for even less.
  • Awesome thank you for the options FestYboy I'll look into an Adcom or a NAD instead of that onkyo I have nothing against onkyo my grandfather has a onkyo tx-4500mkii that I would really like to have like.. mlistens03 and I could not find a schematic of that m282 amp at all. The main reason why I am looking into a amp is it would like three pairs of front speakers my monitor 7s and my bose 201 series iii on my Sony Da50ES and the SDA 1s on a nice amp
  • Thank you F1nut for the advice but I don't have that amp I was hoping someone on here had it so I wouldn't make a bad purchase and blowing up that amp
  • mdaudioguymdaudioguy Posts: 4,681
    Thank you for your response Micah
    I'm just looking for cheap amplifier where I can use the SDA feature I've already got a receiver that I absolutely love could you or anyone recommend a good amplifier I could use thats under the $400 mark

Welcome to the forum! Be sure to save a few dollars to buy some punctuation! :p
    7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : Sunfire SDS-12 : Yamaha Aventage RX-A2040 : Adcom GFA-7500 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Roku SE : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @ 120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Pioneer Elite SC-91: DIRECTV : LG OLED55B6P : Roku Premiere+
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic
  • DaveHoDaveHo Posts: 2,008
    I owned one of those Onkyos in the past. Used it to power Zone 2 speakers. Even in that application, it was rather underwhelming. You can get a much better amp for your $400 budget, Adcom, NAD, Parasound, B&K...
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,236
    Thank you for your response Micah

You’re welcome!
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • leftwinger57leftwinger57 Posts: 2,886
    Just a thought, some companies do have an archive who just might direct you to the question your asking. It worked for me when I needed an old remote for my Onkyo p-3150v the woman looked it right up and I still had it. Another biggie is the McIntosh factory who has an artifact dept. and and a a guy is there to answer most all questions. Try it. it can't hurt.
    2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc