Anybody seen Los Lobos lately?

Los Lobos playing in the area on Sunday and I had planned to attend but as it gets closer I'm cooling to the idea. Anybody see them lately and have any thoughts? Thanks.

Comments

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Saw em in 2008 Experience Hendrix, hell that was a long time ago. They were pretty good then.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    Now I wanna watch La Bamba.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    No, but we saw David Hidalgo a couple-three years ago with David Bromberg & Larry Campbell, and he was/they were excellent.

Actually, as modest as it was, it was one of the most entertaining performances I've yet seen (and, at my advanced age, I've seen quite a few).

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Thanks, David Hidalgo is the reason I'm entertaining the idea. Larry Campbell is one of my all-time favorites, seen him many many times with Dylan and also by himself and Theresa Williams including last fall. I imagine a show with Larry, David and Bromberg was quite the evening.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited July 2018
    De nada.

It really was [quite the evening] -- just purely entertaining and outstanding performances and musicianship. We saw 'em at a favorite venue of ours (the Flying Monkey, in Plymouth, NH) and it was just a terrific live concert experience -- the kind of thing that makes me wonder why folks pay outrageous prices to go to huge stadiums to see the warhorse bands and entertainers :|

Yes, Larry Campbell is astonishingly good -- and as unassuming a performer as I've seen, I think. We've seen him both "stag" and "drag". He and Theresa joined "Bobby & Phil" when we saw 'em in Boston back in the winter and they added a lot to the songs on which they performed. A lot. :)

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    As an aside, I asked Larry after a show with Theresa a couple years ago how it came to be that he and Charlie were allowed to sing harmonies with Dylan when Larry was in the band, and he said "we just did it." To my mind, Larry's period in Dylan's band was the best band Dylan ever had. The mind-blowing harmonies on the Dylan classics and Larry's multi-instrumental capabilities, as you say, "added alot" to the Dylan concerts.