I have it on good authority....

Comments

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Chicago poster insert from the "Chicago V" album (1972).

g0mgq6o4a4lt.jpg
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Does anybody know what's going on? I have no idea where I am right now. Send help.

Help is here !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxKQSzLp_wY

...... okay ..... well...... maybe that wasn't a whole lot of help. It still was kind of on-topic, sort of. :*

Sal Palooza
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Somebody went to the dark side you say ??

Could it be Brock....he is letting lose with some tubes in the FM. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    tonyb wrote: »
    Somebody went to the dark side you say ??

Could it be Brock....he is letting lose with some tubes in the FM. :)

Guess again buddy B)
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited July 2018
    It was announced on Fox news yesterday. Therefore it should be repeated 20 more times today. Stay tuned in Tony, I know you are watching.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    I know....just yankin' some chains is all. What else is there to do at 8 a.m. while sucking down some joe.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Snitches receive stitches!

Sneetches?

wa4c908wir0l.png

wddj557xod4u.png
  • motorhead43026
    I know....just yankin' some chains is all. What else is there to do at 8 a.m. while sucking down some joe.

Work?
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    Snoochie Booches ? Jay & Silent Bob ?

...... now I'm lost. :o
    Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    what is this work of which you speak?
  • motorhead43026
    ^^still putting in the 65 hour work week. Have 2 more years to go and I have 50 years working full time, then I retire. I think that is long enough.

• mhardy6647
    edited July 2018
    As long as you enjoy it, it's cool.
    I enjoy some aspects of working, but not others -- I was happy to retire a bit early, and I hope the economy will permit me to stay that way.

As a (part time) process development consultant, now I get to have all the fun (attacking and helping to solve real problems) with a minimal amount of the drudgery (hiring/firing, performance management, budgeting, preparing dashboards). And it pays, actually, really well on a per hour basis.

I like to say that being a consultant (in my business) is like being a grandparent. We get to have all of the fun, but we have very little of the dirty work to do.

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    The tubes are sold! LOL
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Maybe he is getting a “Reverse Michael Jackson”?
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517

I’m still missing whatever this is lol. My RSS feed hasn’t shown anything that would register in the last day or so...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Welllllll, alllll right !

Wow! Robbo looks like a teenager in that clip. :o

Did you notice that the people dancing aren't in the same shots as the band, and vice versa? :p
  • mhardy6647

I’m still missing whatever this is lol. My RSS feed hasn’t shown anything that would register in the last day or so...

l166tsx548p1.png
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    Jesse finally bought an Emotiva "amplifier" with those really cool blue lights!? Well, it's about time!
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    headrott wrote: »
    Jesse finally bought an Emotiva "amplifier" with those really cool blue lights!? Well, it's about time!

Dang it Greg loose lips brother loose lips....
  • mhardy6647
    edited July 2018
    ... or maybe he snaggged one of these -- so he could roll some coal Chinese tubes.

pjty7p5ibg0a.jpg
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I can neither confirm or deny Jesse's involvement with this thread, but as shocking as him buying an Emotiva product would be, that is not the case here. Such an action would have resulted in a cataclysmic quantum singularity, wiping out the entire universe, as well as their parallel counterparts.

Nice try though.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    edited July 2018
    mrbiron wrote: »
    In all seriousness , this thread has gone on long enough. Admit that you are a Cerwin Vega lover, cables don’t matter, the Vikings are a bum team, and that you #1 sitting down. :D

booyah!

24965305118_da1902ab9b_b.jpgCVR12 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

• mhardy6647
    I can neither confirm or deny Jesse's involvement with this thread, but as shocking as him buying an Emotiva product would be, that is not the case here. Such an action would have resulted in a cataclysmic quantum singularity, wiping out the entire universe, as well as their parallel counterparts.

Nice try though.

Well put! You just might want to try selling that as a new program to Hulu or even Netflix.

:)

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Truth is he's sold off all his music gear....as he's posted

Gone all HT gear as he's posted in the SVS thread

Geez guys keep up....the writing is on the wall
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mhardy6647
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

He's rockin' a vintage iPod now.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

He's rockin' a vintage iPod now.

And ear buds :)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    What about a soundbar with Alexa?
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited July 2018
    Once again, I can neither confirm or deny that he just scored one of these...

uonbfvrccg3r.jpg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson