Can anyone help me identify these speakers? Over 20 years old.

0farvhe62429.jpeg

Answers

  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,027
    Polk RT600
    No need for 3 threads asking the same thing.
    Welcome to club Polk.
  • johnjonesjrjohnjonesjr Posts: 5
    Sorry, wasn’t sure if I was doing it right. I got it now tho.
  • mark090852mark090852 Posts: 719
    F1nut wrote: »
    You might consider dusting and running the vacuum before posting pics.

    Perhaps he didn't own it. Maybe he saw it at an estate sale and just took a picture of it. I know when I go to an estate sale, I rarely take along my Dyson. Sometimes...but not often. lol
    Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers.
    Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player.
  • mark090852mark090852 Posts: 719
    F1nut wrote: »
    You might consider dusting and running the vacuum before posting pics.

    Hey, I just saw his similar post in another section where he said he bought these speakers over 20 years ago. You are absolutely right! He should have cleaned them up a bit.


    Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers.
    Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 3,834
    Hey, priorities man! Dusty speakers still sound good!

    Actually I'm weird about keeping my gear looking good. I absolutely HAVE to dust my speakers, all components, and what parts of my rack I can with a soft microfiber towel before I use my system. It's like a routine that I have.
    mark090852 wrote: »
    Hey, I just saw his similar post in another section where he said he bought these speakers over 20 years ago. You are absolutely right! He should have cleaned them up a bit.


    Got Dayens?
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 1,207
    Same here, although I only dust when it’s necessary, and there are levels of necessity for me. If it is my audio gear, I probably dust once a week or so. If it’s my desk, 2-3 weeks. So on and so forth until you get to random Knick knacks, which can be anywhere from a month to a year. :lol:
    2 channel
    Speakers: Mission 770 Freedoms
    Integrated amp: Technics SU-v75 and matching tuner
    CDP: Technics SL-PC20
    Cables: Monoprice, Monster, Acoustic Research, and a few generic ones
    TT: Technics SL-3200, direct drive
    Cartridge: Shure M97xE

    Pc gaming setup
    Receiver/amp: Yamaha RX-V665
    Computer: Lenovo g50 (soon to be upgraded to a Dell Precision 690 which is far from stock!!)
    Interconnects: Amazon basics HDMI, Acoustic Research HDMI, Monoprice speaker cables
    Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR75s

    Random equipment on standby:
    Onkyo TX-v940, JBL woofers and tweeters, single Klipsch KG .5, Yamaha guitar amplifier, Peavey Rage 158 guitar amplifier, Kicker comp 12” subwoofer, single Bose 802 series II, a whole bunch of 1”-3” full range drivers, Infinity Crescendo 3007s (on sale), Polk LSi25s
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

    You don't tell her you read the manual, and you tell her you know what the problem is, and you fixed it, because that what men do, fix things
    sure it has a flat response, and sure it has a lot of detail, and yes, it has good and clear lows. But is it enjoyable to listen to? Does it make you grin ear to ear? That’s what really matters.
    Seen somewhere on AudioKarma (I think)
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 17,985
    Dust on the cones alters the T-S parameters.

    "It's like watching a roomful of people who couldn't get through college algebra discussing the flaws of quantum physics theory. I guess it could be fun, but it's ultimately a waste of time." -- seen on audiokarma

    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

    "Writing about hifi is like dancing about architecture" -- paraphrasing some wag (possibly Frank Zappa)
  • stuweestuwee Posts: 1,531
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Hey, priorities man! Dusty speakers still sound good!

    Actually I'm weird about keeping my gear looking good. I absolutely HAVE to dust my speakers, all components, and what parts of my rack I can with a soft microfiber towel before I use my system. It's like a routine that I have.
    mark090852 wrote: »
    Hey, I just saw his similar post in another section where he said he bought these speakers over 20 years ago. You are absolutely right! He should have cleaned them up a bit.


    Ha! I have to actually vacuum my Martin Logan panels every 2 months, makes my back hurt, up and down. dusty ML's sound like crap. We all have to bow to the audio gods every now and then to get what we want!?!


    I'm still waiting for some Polkies in southern AZ to invite me for a listen, I bring food and bevs!!

    Thorens TD125MKII, SME3009,Shure V15/ Teac V-8000S, Denon DN-790R cass, Teac 3340 RtR decks, Onix CD2...Sumo Electra Plus pre>SAE A1001 amp>Martin Logan Summit's
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 2,509
    stuwee wrote: »
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Hey, priorities man! Dusty speakers still sound good!

    Actually I'm weird about keeping my gear looking good. I absolutely HAVE to dust my speakers, all components, and what parts of my rack I can with a soft microfiber towel before I use my system. It's like a routine that I have.
    mark090852 wrote: »
    Hey, I just saw his similar post in another section where he said he bought these speakers over 20 years ago. You are absolutely right! He should have cleaned them up a bit.


    Ha! I have to actually vacuum my Martin Logan panels every 2 months, makes my back hurt, up and down. dusty ML's sound like crap. We all have to bow to the audio gods every now and then to get what we want!?!


    I'm still waiting for some Polkies in southern AZ to invite me for a listen, I bring food and bevs!!

    If they don't invite you just show up uninvited and see who blinks first. ;)
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA 2B, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11T X2 pairs, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!