jimmy page remastered zeppelin

zuulzuul Posts: 193
edited June 30 in Music & Movies
Amazon unlimited just got all the original and remixed and deluxe zeppelin... all they had before was bbc and coda...

I swear in the Jimmy Page remixes his solos are all a few db hotter than before and all the way up front in the mix now. it's hysterical actually. so petty. lol. I mean there are six different rereleases at this point. you can pick your favorite mix!

I bet Page made them eq every note on every solo for his remastered versions. why so long between releases.... that's like restoring film frame by frame.

sounds great though. he also pumped up the bass... drums are crisp and clear... just the way I like it... the stereo separation seems as though it was cleaned up as well....
speakers:
bowers & wilkins 685 S2
polk psw-10
components:
sonic frontiers line 1 preamp
sonic frontiers anthem amp 1
mac mini w/ audioquest jitterbug
teac ud-501 digital to analog converter
oppo dv-980h dvd/cd
interconnects:
monoprice
guzi
belkin gold series usb
speaker wire
audioquest type 4
power:
rhino-tek 1000w 15amp voltage regulator
vansevers 211 power cord
pangea ac-14 power cord
tubes:
amplifier: (2) NOS 1960 philco/lansdale 12AU7 (super rare!), (1) NOS 1967 mullard 12AX7, (4) 2016 svetlana hard blue EL-34
pre-amp: (6) E88CC/6922 ??? (haven't cracked the case yet to see what previous owner was running...) so for now they are mystery tubes.
misc:
JRiver Media Center 24
sanus 24" speaker stands
auralex acoustics subdude II
DeMoude Audio cylindrical bass traps
rf/emi/noise reduction caps for empty rca inputs.
Hall of Fame: [retired/sold]
polk monitor series 5jr+ w/ RDO194-1 upgraded tweeters
polk monitor series RTA 8T
kenwood kd-550 w/ SME 3009 Series III tonearm grado gold cartridge
adcom gfp-555II
marantz 2238b
luxman M-120A
technics sl-b10

Comments

• MarflyMarfly Posts: 59
    I have some PBTHAL, Classic Records needle drops. Best Zeps I own. I've heard the remasters were mixed hot.
  • delkaldelkal Posts: 229
    I need to try a different mastering of Led Zeppelin 4. I was listening to it a couple days ago with my daughter and we realized it sounded like crap. Everything is recorded on top of itself with ZERO soundstage and imaging. We swapped to Houses of the Holy and my daughter instantly heard the difference. No Quarter was totally open and sounded great.
  • headrottheadrott Posts: 5,288
    Are we talking remixed? Or simply remastered? I am confused by your post OP.

I was not aware that the latest remasters were also remixed.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee