Formula One 2018

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    machone wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    That was a wild one. I feel sorry for Bottas, but had to laugh at finger boy.

Who is finger boy?

Vettel
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• stuwee
    stuwee Posts: 1,508
    Brawhahah! Star Wars and F1!!!!0SAjBrZ.jpg
    Thorens TD125MKII, SME3009,Shure V15/ Teac V-8000S, Denon DN-790R cass, Teac 3340 RtR decks, Onix CD2...Sumo Electra Plus pre>SAE A1001 amp>Martin Logan Summit's
  • stuwee
    stuwee Posts: 1,508
    Priceless!!

MYbvuHd.jpg

Thorens TD125MKII, SME3009,Shure V15/ Teac V-8000S, Denon DN-790R cass, Teac 3340 RtR decks, Onix CD2...Sumo Electra Plus pre>SAE A1001 amp>Martin Logan Summit's
  • recoveryone
    recoveryone Posts: 885
    Todays race was a snore, Hamilton ran away with it from the start. Gosjean needs to go from Haas, if he's not complaining about the car, then he's wreaking it. I thought last race was bad when he crashed during a safety car lap. Now today he looked like an amateur. Mashing on the throttling in a spin is lesson 1 (don't do this), Let the car come to a rest then asses what to do. That move could have killed someone with the blinding smoke.
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    Well Monaco has come and gone! It was definitely a scenic race, but there wasn't a whole lot of actual racing going on. Mainly because the track is just so tight and technical! Still, congrats to Daniel for maintaining the lead for the entire race, even though his car was having engine/power issues!
  • recoveryone
    Hamilton looked strong all weekend and rolled easy for the win. I think Vette is pressing to hard and making mistakes that could cost him a run at the championship.
    I have said this before, Gojean needs to be gone from F1 or atleast from team Hass. I would like to see Max or Ric go over to Hass matched with Hulkenburg. Hass has the money to compete with the big 3 (Benz, Ferrie & Red Bull), I think the whole series needs one more team to be in the hunt each weekend.
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Hass has the money to compete with the big 3 (Benz, Ferrie & Red Bull), I think the whole series needs one more team to be in the hunt each weekend.

While they may have the money, they need the big factory backing to make it happen.
    And I can't see Mercedes, Ferrari or Honda (next year with Red Bull) providing them with the weapons to defeat their lead teams so that leaves Renault who has been off the pace for a while now. Heck, even Honda is an unknown after last year's terrible season but at least they have the money to throw at the problem until it is solved.

"Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • recoveryone
    I don't see Honda being that team, I think they are happy just being in the background suppling engines. Renault could be a safe bet as they have been consistent but not at the top. I still think Hass is the next up and coming as their cars have shown to keep pace, but need the right drivers. The Merc's are like the old guard now and Ferrari has regained its place in the elite circle. Red bull will have to do something soon as Max and Ricardo need their own teammate as a 2nd, 2 alpha's cause to much tension. We saw that with Ham and Nico
  • BMF35
    BMF35 Posts: 86
    If Haas keeps giving Farrari money they could get there with mature drivers.
  • recoveryone
    A lot of questions to be answered after this last race

1. What was Mercedes thinking on not doing the pit stop for Ham
    2. Why was there such an issue with Tires blistering, it was not that hot
    3. After the mid season upgrades, never see so many engine failures, it hurt several teams

Haas team needs to learn how to fight, its sad when you hear the principal say "we are just happy to be where we are" SMH.
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 737
    My Dutch wife was happy today ...
  • Clipdat
    edited July 2018
    I really like that track layout! Would love to take my car out on it!

Red-Bull-Ring-Spielberg-MotoGP.jpg
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Is that the Osterreichring?
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,163
    A lot of questions to be answered after this last race

2. Why was there such an issue with Tires blistering? It was not that hot...

Track temps were over 48C. That's pretty hot for F1.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • ZLTFUL
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Is that the Osterreichring?

*Was. It is now the "Red Bull Ring" since Red Bull has a major ownership stake in it now.

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Viking64
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    *Was. It is now the "Red Bull Ring" since Red Bull has a major ownership stake in it now.

I thought F1 stopped using that track about 15 years ago. I guess I'm out of the loop. :p
  • ZLTFUL
    They did but they came back. MotoGP also started racing there last year.

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited July 2018
    ^^MotoGP, now there is a motorsport.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • ZLTFUL
    ^^MotoGP, now there is a motorsport.

Agree 10000000%
    And while I love F1, motorcycle road racing is my sport of choice.

• motorhead43026
    edited July 2018
    ^^i love F1 also,

Yep, the knee draggers are a special breed and a whole different level of skill set.

My favorite motorcycle race is the Isle of Man TT. These racers are super human and spit in deaths eye.

Post edited by motorhead43026 on
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• F1nut
    This thread is about Formula One.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• motorhead43026
    Thank you sir, may I have another one.

Slap me, make it hurt.

And sorry.

• Clipdat
    Well Silverstone had some excitement in it, didn't it? Several crashes, just glad there were no injuries.

I'm not sure a 10 second penalty was really adequate for Kimi Raikkonen causing a collision. Thoughts?
  • teamjhertz
    teamjhertz Posts: 361
    It was a very exciting race to watch.

Hard call on the penalty since it was the second race in a row where he had an incident with a Mercedes on the first lap

They both looked like tough racing incidents. I thing intentional.

Maybe the officials are trying to send a message to have the drivers settle down a little for the first lap
  • Clipdat
    Kimi overcooked his entry, locked up and understeered right into Lewis. It was borderline reckless. I'm no Hamilton fan, but I would've been pretty mad if I were him in that situation.

It just seemed like the 10 sec penalty wasn't enough for that infraction, but what do I know.

Anyway, I loved seeing the cars whip around that track. Some of the camera angels were fantastic and really conveyed a great sense of speed. I also enjoyed watching the safety car giving it all it's got, that driver was definitely NOT taking it easy!
  • Viking64
    camera angels

????

jnu2ar0plga0.jpg
  • Clipdat
    It's Monday. Shrug.
  • recoveryone
    Talk about the stars coming a lined. from the rain, to a roll of the dice on pit stops, to a crash there was no way Hamilton was supposed to win.
  • Clipdat
    Yeah, that was a pretty interesting race with the weather threatening to turn the entire time! It was interesting to see the different pit crew/team strategies in regards to tire changes. Definitely seemed like a few of them made some mistakes with their choices.

My wife was upset to see her favorite driver Daniel Ricciardo forced to retire due to engine troubles. I'd really like to see him go to a team with more reliable cars like Ferrari, but oh well.

I was surprised and laughing when Hamilton said "Love conquers all" as one of his first statements after winning the race. I didn't see what that had to do with anything, totally out of context and bizarre, imo.
  • F1nut
    I took his comment as referring to the love of God. He does after all have, "God is love" tattooed on the left side of his neck. So, you see it wasn't bizarre at all.

President of Club Polk