Options
Toolfan66
Toolfan66 Posts: 16,906
What are your thoughts?? :D

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,042
    Options
    OK by me. I think this time around, he's leaving Cleveland on better terms than the last time.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Mr. I broke my hand, and a week later the cast is off ? That Lebron ?

Good luck to him, but I have a feeling his ego won't sit well no matter where he goes.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Options
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Options
    ^^Well, his ego has taken him far in both life and his career. Now his ego has just secured him an additional 154 million.

Yeah, that ego is a real roadblock.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,520
    Options
    I think he gives the Lakers a very good chance at the title.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,683
    Options
    My mother used to drive a Chrysler LeBron station wagon with the wood panels on the side.
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »

Not without some backing on the court, if the Lakers do nothing else they might see the playoffs but I don't see them having a chance at the title..

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    To each his own, just hope he stays healthy ...if not that money just got flushed
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »

Not without some backing on the court, if the Lakers do nothing else they might see the playoffs but I don't see them having a chance at the title..

I think the notion is that he signed a four year contract; he's in it to catalyze the rebuilding.

The only thing I don't like about it is what I don't like about (pro, at least) basketball for the last 30 years or so -- everything in the whole leage revolves around one or two players. Not even teams.

On the other hand, basketball is thriving in the US and football and baseball are comatose or moribund. MFC as they say on patient charts.

"Measure for coffin".

:(

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/02/625259794/lebron-james-leaves-cleveland-to-play-for-the-los-angeles-lakers
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,574
    Options
    wonder where the loudmouths kid will be shipped off to?
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    ^^Well, his ego has taken him far in both life and his career. Now his ego has just secured him an additional 154 million.

Money doesn't dictate...his type of roadblock will be with his team mates and the way they play together. Labron is a darn fine player on his own merits, won't take that away from the guy. Let's be honest here though, he's a bit of a d-bag. His ego will eventually get in the way of the teams ebb and flow.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • motorhead43026
    edited July 2018
    Options
    ^^You are right Tony, this is why he has championships with both teams he has played for. He got in the way of the ebb and flow.

Please, don't let facts get in the way.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• motorhead43026
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »

He will bring them a championship, that is all he is after. The money just happens to come with the territory.

• Joey_V
    Options
    Love him or hate him, LeBron is one of the greatest to play his position. I am from Chicago and I witnessed Michael Jordan play all those years, while I prefer MJ’s finesse, willpower, and drive... I can appreciate Lebron for being Lebron.

He did what he had to do to move his kids to Cali, and to pad his bank account. He will cement his legacy in LA and I believe he will win Atleast 1 championship there.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    BTW, the Lakers are all ebb, James will give them some flow.

• mhardy6647
    Options
    Next year belongs to the Celtics...

:)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,098
    Options

The Lakers still suck...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    ^^Dont you have some dishes that need washing?

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,098
    Options
    We had the maid here yesterday, so no. :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    We had the maid here yesterday, so no. :p

On my way back from Alabama, a dad had is baby in the restroom changing a diaper...a barf I almost lost my lunch.

I'd rather wash the dishes :)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    edited July 2018
    Options
    LeBron huge talent and yes the ego to match. I'm not a huge basket ball fan but was in awe of his skills on display during the playoffs.
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Daddy B is one obnoxious individual. Matched only by a few political figures. :o:)
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited July 2018
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »

Money doesn't dictate...his type of roadblock will be with his team mates and the way they play together. Labron is a darn fine player on his own merits, won't take that away from the guy. Let's be honest here though, he's a bit of a d-bag. His ego will eventually get in the way of the teams ebb and flow.

Compared to who...he is a hard worker a great human being and if you ask me he is a great role model for my 9 year old son and many other kids who look up to him.

k7ylmbzkub6d.jpeg
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    As a I die hard Lakers fan from the days of Jerry west & Happy Harrison and Gail Goodrich I say Why Not? right?

Is this not how pro sports works?
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,055
    Options
    Who among us would not be just a little arrogant if we were on the cover of Sports Illustrated when we were in high school and then exceeded the hype?

I was a HUGE Michael Jordan fan, but if I'm being honest, LeBron is probably better. And only 4 MVP awards??? He's been the best player in the league for at least 10 years.

That being said, not crazy about him going to the Lakers. Based on his history, I assume this makes the Lakers a contender. I mean, Cleveland most likely wouldn't have made the playoffs without him last year.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,683
    Options
    I get him confused with the rapist that is named after a Japanese steakhouse.
  • Joey_V
    edited July 2018
    Options
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    Who among us would not be just a little arrogant if we were on the cover of Sports Illustrated when we were in high school and then exceeded the hype?

I was a HUGE Michael Jordan fan, but if I'm being honest, LeBron is probably better. And only 4 MVP awards??? He's been the best player in the league for at least 10 years.

That being said, not crazy about him going to the Lakers. Based on his history, I assume this makes the Lakers a contender. I mean, Cleveland most likely wouldn't have made the playoffs without him last year.

Agreed on all points, except MJ is still my dude. Lebron is still a beast.

And none of us have put 1100+ kids through college. Be careful of who you call bad.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Warriors signed DeMarcus Cousins. Game over.
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Options
    Maybe
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 748
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Who would that be?
    2 Channel "Polk" Room:

Marantz PM8004 Integrated
    Marantz SA8004 SACD Player
    Music Hall mmf 7.3 TT with Ortofon Bronze
    WiiM Mini
    Schiit Bifrost with Multibit Upgrade
    Polk 7B with RDO198s
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    Courtney and I will be seeing the Lakers play the Nuggets next Tuesday Night, the funny thing is I am not the biggest Lebron fan nor am I a huge Basketball fan but enjoy the playoffs and a seeing a game now and then, but Courtney and I will have seen Lebron play in all three uniforms, Cleveland, Miami,and now the Lakers.

We have a vendor we have been doing business with for years, they have season tickets, and they always let me go to a game or two every year, and the seats are two rows behind the Nuggets bench so it makes for a good time when we are able to go...