Infinity RS5b Speakers - Cheap! Local Pickup Los Angeles, CA

MrBuhl
MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
edited June 2018 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
OK - these were "discovered" by me a few months back on a late night Soiree in the neighbors trash. Yes, trash. I brought them home, refoamed and dynamatted the woofers, updated the crossovers with new capacitors and spent about 120 hours working on burn in. With the surrounds, dynamat and caps, I figure I've got about $85 in these total, and they sell for around $2-250-ish. I'd just like to get what I have in them and move 'em out - so these are for sale for $85.

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/180239/infinity-rs5b-and-so-it-begins-a-little-spit-polish

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/180145/bluefox-friday-night-find-infinity-rs5b-curb-alert

They sound surprisingly nice. Smooth and clean, good tight bass and plenty loud. These would be overkill speaks for a college kid who doesn't have the money, a garage rig, or a surprisingly nice speaker if you wanted to take the time to clean up the cabinets, maybe the grills, and throw 'em on some short stands. I think they were about a grand new.

The big defect, ugly as hell on the tops, I started to sand them a bit, but there's a ways to go still. Otherwise, these are issue free and sound great. Cosmetics only at this point. FWIW, you could part out the emit tweeters alone for that, or the polydome mids, but I would really love to have someone actually put these to use.

d1gsma4ppq27.jpg

x335pmpysv90.jpg

1a488f4p3obc.jpg

en37ifvqg2kt.jpg

VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
SACD Marantz DV8300
Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
Yamaha YP-D6
Soundcraftsmen PCR800
Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
Pho-700 Phono Pre
Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

Comments

• jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Wow...incredible deal here, folks! Consider me a fan of Infinity RS speakers. I have a pair of RSIIIa and RS5, and the EMIT tweeters are something everyone MUST hear!

These RS5b have the bigger woofer, so should have plenty of bass for a small-to-medium sized room. MrBuhl says, "they sound surprisingly nice". Maybe he shouldn't be so surprised B)
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Interested if you can deliver...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 737
    John needs these. If he needs me to pickup and deliver, so be it. I get to LA fairly often. What part of the City of Angels are you located in?
  • nooshinjohn
    I am putting together a little rig for my father in law. These will be perfect for him.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • MrBuhl
    edited June 2018
    Hey John - I'm sure we can work something out - with the new Mud Terrains on the XJ though, gas mileage is at a premium, so it might cost you an IPA when I get there! :) You around this weekend? LMK by PM and we'll work it out.

These aren't little bookies FYI - they're pretty big.
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables

Polk SDA1c modded
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Pho-700 Phono Pre

• MrBuhl
    Jaybeez wrote: »
    John needs these. If he needs me to pickup and deliver, so be it. I get to LA fairly often. What part of the City of Angels are you located in?

Westside - I work in Westwood and live in Beverly Hills. Mighty kind offer there, I'm sure we can work this out!

Polk SDA1c modded
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Pho-700 Phono Pre

• nooshinjohn
    Pm sent...

• Jaybeez
    Looks like this is covered but PM me if you need delivery service.
  • nooshinjohn
    Jaybeez wrote: »
    Looks like this is covered but PM me if you need delivery service.

I heard these are so big it might take two people to deliver them... may be we turn this into a Polk Fest.

• MrBuhl
    I'm aimnig for later this afternoon - at this point gents - got to get some work done this morning, and don't want to invade anyone's Father's Day tomorrow either! John I'll call you around lunch to confirm and grab an addy.

Polk SDA1c modded
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Pho-700 Phono Pre

• Jaybeez
    Maybe you could leave with a nice new (to you) Triangle Art TT!
  • MrBuhl
    El Bumperoo - These aren't going to work for John - so they're still around if'in you're of a mind and local. Many thanks! Great deal, great speaks.

Polk SDA1c modded
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Pho-700 Phono Pre

• Jaybeez
    I need another set of speaks like another hole in my head. But .... sleeping on this smoking deal.
  • MrBuhl
    edited July 2018
    LOL - Reminds me of the Unforgiven "deserves got nothin to do with it" I'll put you in line Jaybeez, another LA local PM'd some interest earlier, would love for these to go to a good home.

Polk SDA1c modded
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Pho-700 Phono Pre

• Jaybeez
    Sounds good. Have a set of SDAs in the garage waiting for an upgrade but have a use for these if they remain available
  • MrBuhl
    Sale pending pickup tomorrow kids!

Polk SDA1c modded
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Pho-700 Phono Pre

• nooshinjohn
    Cool man.... we need a group hug soon.

• MrBuhl
    Done and done - and yet another fine Polkie met - pleasure meeting you as well Jose - thanks for making the trip down to my neck of the woods!

Polk SDA1c modded
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Pho-700 Phono Pre

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Nice gesture @MrBuhl ! Polkies forever! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.