Polk 10B Questions

I recently got a mint pair of Polk 10Bs as the mains in my HT system. They look like I just took them out of the box, not one flaw.
First, the serial number of one is 197659 and the other is similar. When were these made? I assume late 80’s or early 90’s. They have the SL2000 tweeter.
Second, I have a question about rebuilding the crossovers. I want to jumper out the polyswitch and then use a 2.5 ohm resistor in the tweeter contour circuit. I have a crossover schematic, 18776, that shows the polyswitch and a 2.0 ohm resistor with the revision note that the polyswitch replaced the fuse and the resistor was changed from 2.5 to 2.0 ohms. It seems to me that the original design with the fuse was 2.5 ohms in parallel with 12uf. As a quick and dirty way to account for the resistance of the polyswitch, they reduced the resistance from 2.5 to 2.0 ohms in the contour circuit. I haven’t analyzed the difference and it would be subtle, but I would have one less resistor to buy and less clutter and should follow the original design. I’m attaching the schematic.
Any comments or info would be appreciated.

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    That will work perfectly. You'll also want to replace the SL2000 tweeters with the RD0194.

That .5 ohm difference is not subtle.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Llama56
    Llama56 Posts: 2
    Are the RD0194-1 tweeters a better sounding tweeter than the SL2000? You appear to be very knowledgeable about Polk Products. Thank You for your response.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Much better!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk