What are you drinking tonight?

253gj3gbmka2.jpeg

Enough said...
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Here on the first it's going to feel like 116 with humidity. Nasty... we'll be in the pool and inside
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Willow wrote: »
    jdjohn wrote: »
    Proper glassware makes a difference...like cables :D A small snifter-type glass is best with a bowl shape in the bottom, and a more narrow opening to concentrate the aromas on top. Usually easy to find and cheap at Goodwill.

Then just put on your smoking jacket or silk robe B)

Why bother with the clothes....

I know right....jeesh
  • starkiller
    starkiller Posts: 2,723
    Ice Tea as always :)
    Computer room Hegeman 1 SpeakersM&K VX-80 subKenwood DP-7010Cambridge Audio CXC Transport Rega DACPrimaLuna Prologue Four AmpAric Audio Tube PreampGarage Jennings Research SquareCustom tube preampCrown XLS-1000Denon DCD-1500II Modded MSB Link DAC
  • Willow
    Today we took off. Kids are with grandparents on the sailboat. I've had some new grist (sp) beer. Now just drinking water as the kids will be home in a hour. Spent the afternoon in and by the pool.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Prune juice neat

Just drove across three states time to get out of the truck
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Prune juice neat

Ron, If you drank prune juice for the entire trip, you may want to hose the truck out. :p
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Whatever Ryan has in his fridge
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Be careful of the bottles on the left middle shelf, that's where he keeps the lab samples.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • lightman1
    :/ .... Guess that explains the rash I have developed.
  • Willow
    lightman1 wrote: »
    :/ .... Guess that explains the rash I have developed.

Lucky you just got a rash....
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Viking64 wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Prune juice neat

Ron, If you drank prune juice for the entire trip, you may want to hose the truck out. :p

https://youtu.be/iENQXIQ8wH0
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Stevie Ray and some of this to start the night.

m7peab8tezr3.jpeg
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • pitdogg2
    Alcopop... not bad
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,065
    Tonight I've been drinking my normal wine, but the wife and I just went away for a "mini vacation", which we do three or four times a year to somewhere close to drive to. This time we went to Lancaster PA, and on Wednesday night, along with a very fine flat iron steak, I had a few glasses of Stone Idolatrous IPA - not of a style I thought I would like, but turned out to be very enjoyable, We went back to our hotel for a nightcap, and I had a couple of Campari and sodas - not a manly beverage, but I didn't have a problem with any strange men rubbing up against me (this time), so I enjoyed that too.
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited June 2018
    I love a good IPA!!! and fortunately there are many. But not tonight, just good ol’ Coors Banquet. Beautiful evening out by the fire.

Lots of fireworks going off in our town tonight.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • lightman1
    Still trying to empty out Ryan's fridge one bottle at a time.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Jim Beam "Double Oak" & Twice Barreled! as I haven't open the 25th Knob Creek which was like $140 (The Beam is very Smooth)
    8qz32t8o25ck.jpg

8oww0h85un84.jpg
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    tart cherry juice :'(
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    marvda1 wrote: »
    tart cherry juice :'(

stay away from the alcohol B) you feet will thank you!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517

We are slowly making a dent....

But damn if Incant makemitndown the stairs formoenow.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • pitdogg2

We are slowly making a dent....

But damn if Incant makemitndown the stairs formoenow.

Careful bigdaddy.... you'll need a helmet....
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    OleBoot wrote: »
    Tonight I've been drinking my normal wine, but the wife and I just went away for a "mini vacation", which we do three or four times a year to somewhere close to drive to. This time we went to Lancaster PA,

Lanc-lanc is my stomping grounds. You need to roll up to Lititz if good beverages are the goal. Hit up Joe-boy's and Stole and Wolf distillery.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    What the heck ever happened to this thread? We a bunch of quitters?
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Enjoying a couple of Troeg's Perpetual IPAs and some SRV out on the deck. Bliss!
  • pitdogg2
    edited October 2019
    Jasime pearl green tea :D sitting outside enjoying the good weather watching the rain and cooking ribeye pork chops for sammich's.
    That is some delish Russian Vodka have had it and it is very good.
    Yep I'm a quitter I'm not afraid to admit it.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    Good for you Pit! It may be a few more years for me.
  • pitdogg2
    edited October 2019
    Oh trust me I still have an unopened 750ml Plymouth Navy Strength Gin. That is great stuff at 57% alcohol and don't burn my gut like Tangueray or Bombay.
    I've had it 3yrs now in the freezer should i choose to get it on :p:D

b1tf4l9kdcfe.jpg
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021