Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    ^ what's that from!?
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited June 2018
    Toys R Us, closes it remaining stores. Geoffrey is left to turn out the lights.

n3qf5ue0b4cw.jpg

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Mexican cigarette warnings are much more effective..

pi29lccocl54.jpg

Take a look at the Canadian cigarette packs
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,022
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    Toys R Us, closes it remaining stores. Geoffrey is left to turn out the lights.

n3qf5ue0b4cw.jpg

awwww.
  • mhardy6647
    CGTIII wrote: »

Wow -- that image almost gives the lie (as they say) to the ol' "night sky paradox".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olbers'_paradox
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    What the what!?!!

Nice!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Ryan, you're a nut... :D:D:D:D
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    I knew there was somethin' off kilter with that boy. lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Malbec
    Malbec Posts: 548
    FestYboy wrote: »
    ^ what's that from!?
    Fred Astair and Ginger Rogers in "Bandwagon".

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    I’ve been thinking “why is everyone so sad about Toys R Us?” And then I remembered, we didn’t go there because it was cheaper to go to Target or Walmart :tongue::wink:
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Ryan looks sexy ad..
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    Just closing in on 1000!
    1xopz54ozifh.jpg
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    This guy will shred your grill fabric and your TP roll!
    oqplpmdugzkn.jpg
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    tonyb wrote: »
    I knew there was somethin' off kilter with that boy. lol

You don’t know how right you are as my wife told me absolutely no wearing of the kilt...what? I’m Scotish!
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,022
    When your friend thinks he has a really good stereo...
    daily_gifdump_818_14.gif
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • mhardy6647
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    p6ilkj07xdlz.jpg

The ol' Epimenides paradox.

Another paradox to chew on. What do you do if you're in the military & a superior officer orders you to "disobey this command"?

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    That cat is traumatized from finding that Harry Potter DVD. :'(
  • mhardy6647
    I am not 100% convinced that's not Walt Disney's cat's head, in cryogenic storage with him somewhere in the Magic Kingdom...
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    That picture reminded me of this. :)
    https://youtu.be/TUDhM4ELOz8
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Tony M wrote: »
    Tony M wrote: »
    I just checked another city's Craigslist and what do I frikn find? It's too far away for a simple road trip. My wife would have a cow if I suggested we go. Sucks! Maybe not. I emailed them. We'll see. 250.00 :o It's a model from 2003 I think. It may be OLD!
    3yyfna8up37j.png
    https://eastnc.craigslist.org/ele/d/pro-ject-lp-turntable-with/6619584787.html

This beautiful acrylic turntable from Sumiko's Pro-Ject, appropriately named the Perspective, is much more than a very cool looking turntable. Its thick acrylic base is a near perfect non-resonant material while its suspension carefully holds a heavy sub-plinth housing the platter, its bearing, and the tonearm assembly. The resulting sound is a very tight and deep bottom end and a sparkly but not overbearing treble. Shown here with a used Sumiko Blue Point, this combination gave way to very involving presentation of our MoFi version of American Beauty. All instruments sat in the mix exactly as intended and nothing was overly pronounced.
    This particular one is in great condition. We tested it extensively and found that all it needed was a suspension adjustment. You'll notice that the belt shown in the photos is in dire need or replacement but a new one has been ordered and will be included with the sale. All original accessories are included as well as original box and packing. Please note: this turntable requires you to change the entire motor when switching between 33 and 45 (33 and 45 rpm motor included). While the cartridge shown here is included we do not guarantee its condition or warranty it. You should plan on replacing this cartridge.

Update:
    My wife was OK with the thought. 21/2 hr. road trip one way. But the drive was great going up. Coming back, avoided about 3 accidents and saw where a great big giant Live Oak tree blew over while we were meeting the couple and their caretaker foe Carl, the man who owned the TT. The tree crushed the front half of the small old house. CRUSHED! There was a small group looking at the destruction a a little ways back near the hole where the roots were pulled up. There were little storms all around. Only saw one or dark clouds though the whole time. I feel for those home owners.

The trip was 50 times more better than I could've imagined. We talked to that couple and caregiver for about an hour or more. It looked like it just came from the showroom! The TT plugged in and seems to work perfect. There's a Grado Cartridge on it and the needle feels sharp! I think it's a Silver Model Grado.

I did find the fluffy yellow blanket before we left. Just like I thought, I used it to help the neighbors cat stay warm last winter. I took another thinner blanket too. :);) I covered the TT but I think the vibration of the trip shook some dust onto this TT because it was like NEW when I loaded into my car. Now it has dust on the platter.

The man's wife, Louise, told Carl to collect the accessories that go with it since they won't need them anymore. That was very NICE of her! Here's some pics. I don't like single play TT's... but this was an exception. 200.00 plus gas and 7 hours total. ;)

The left hinge pin hole is loose but a piece of tape will fix that. There looks like a crack in the corner of the lid on the front left side but it's a allusion! I checked. Check out the accessories. I always wanted a Zero-Stat. B)

OH, I almost didn't go! I'm feeling the worst I have in years. Pollen or just worn out, I don't know. But We made the trip with a few arguments for sure. :# But I KNEW those were coming! I didn't have the strength to let them get full blown. :s
    h8dh9lve7sof.png
    2z8a1qrg37f6.png
    5ys06k718yov.png
    dxuxr90rsbsz.png
    34i23ia0ijkb.png
    t32b6y1i1676.png
    b4fyn5e4tdvv.png
    e3e6to366tvv.png
    uzs7jsqk1vxx.png
    26f5inldr6q0.png
    cwglcxfwpsk5.png
    w5bn6ldzlxmn.png
    B)

My old friend come over Friday because he wanted to help me get started on depleting the excess and getting down to where we can enjoy this stereo stuff in an open nice room like he remembered it being. He supervised for the most part and we got a lot done. A LOT! Day one... done. :D

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Nice Score Tony! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.