Successful Sciatic Nerve Treatments

2»

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    A bit long winded there Tony. Go outside and play for a while. Get out of the house.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    lightman1 wrote: »
    A bit long winded there Tony. Go outside and play for a while. Get out of the house.

Ha....you and I are both smokers pal. I've been smoking since I was like 10, "wind" is something neither of us enjoy. Besides....going outside ? You forget where I live bro. I would do that if I wanted my balls frozen like Fox does....not my cup of tea though. Kinda partial to the fellers.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    yeah easy for you to say Russ, you're in Fl

Besides when Tony goes outside he takes the risk of locking himself out in his undies :s
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Besides when Tony goes outside he takes the risk of locking himself out in his undies :s

Bad mental picture. Thanks Ron. :s
  • tonyb
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Man, you guys don't forget nuthin'. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    Sorry for the long winded post, but general health is much like audio. Once you get a grasp on how things work in your body, it's easier to make better choices.

Our bodies are made to eat organic material, not processed foods, not man made chemicals or preservatives. When you eat foods laden with such, your body doesn't recognize the garbage. It takes whatever it does recognize and puts it through the factory of converting to energy and feeding cells, stuff it doesn't recognize gets put on the side and turned to fat. Simplistic way of putting it, and very general, but most can understand that.

Our bodies are also made to not be stationary. We have to move. Ever hear anyone say when you stop moving, you die ? There is a reason, and truth to that. When people retire, they don't move as much. If your job is sitting behind a desk 8 hours a day, then sitting in a car in traffic for another 2 hours a day, then going home and parking your arse on the couch the rest of the night.....your health is going to suffer.

Now combine those last 2 paragraphs, and you have the western diet and our new-ish culture of being stationary. Todays lifestyles has everyone stationary, on social media for hours at a crack, playing video games or watching the TV. Sometimes all of that in one day/night. Kids are inside, being stationary instead of ...gasp...going outside to play. Then we stuff them with sugary foods, chips....soda, fast foods, and wonder why they have health issues early on.

Again, I'm not saying don't enjoy any of that, but moderation is key to a well balanced and healthy life.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • true = "moderation is key to a well balanced and healthy life."
  • tonyb
    edited January 2016
    true = "moderation is key to a well balanced and healthy life."

Absolutely.....people would be better served to educate themselves on how your body functions and how food is made and marketed. You don't have to be a doctor, or scientist to grasp the general concepts.

Unfortunately, like Joey said, most want the quick fixes and don't want to be bothered with educating themselves.

Lets take bread as an example. Who doesn't like bread....and butter ? lol. I'm Italian, I guarantee you I eat my share, and yours, of bread. However, most the bread we eat today is not the same bread our ancestors ate. Basically what they did was take wheat, remove all the nutrients in the wheat germ to create white refined flour. Then added it back in and called it "enriched" bread. Enriched with what ? Chemicals, preservatives....high fructose corn syrup.

Then you have the marketing aspect. Walk down the isles at your local grocery store, what do you see on the labels on the front ? Fat free.....less fat, gluten free, low calorie, grain free, no salt added, low sodium, no sugar, etc. All buzz words to get you to buy their products based on what your sold that you need. That however doesn't mean that product is healthy for you, and in some cases can be even less healthy. Audio does the same thing with buzz words to sell a product.

There is a huge, Grand Canyon sized divide between what your told and sold by the big food manufacturers, the FDA, and whats actually healthy for you to eat. Comparing to audio again, if your uneducated it can appear to be complicated. One only need to understand the basic principles to make wiser choices.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    edited June 2018
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Reading through these,I've noticed that nobody has mentioned the possibility that you could be suffering from Piriformis Syndrome...An aggravation of that muscle will present the same symptoms of full blown sciatica...often goes un diagnosed too..Before you let some hack touch your back,check out that possibility..Relief and treatment can be as easy as TNS pulses into that muscle..and the results are immediate too..as it relaxes the tension that is aggravating the sciatic nerve..
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Going through this myself right now after having more and more frequent episodes. I went to the spine center here at Vandy, and the PMR doc has me doing PT. It's helping. Still not always 100% pain-free, but better. I guess my core wasn't as strong as I thought. They will tell you that the 'pretty' ab muscles aren't the ones that matter for this.

Funny no one here has mentioned how this hobby is probably one of the worst for folks with back problems. Moving gear around, reaching behind to plug/unplug interconnects. Could there be a worse situation? Of course I have Tony B. wanting me to hurry-up with my reviews on new gear :D;) Luckily, class D stuff isn't as heavy, and my young wife is happy to help :) ... with a lot of things B)
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    jdjohn wrote: »
    Going through this myself right now after having more and more frequent episodes. I went to the spine center here at Vandy, and the PMR doc has me doing PT. It's helping. Still not always 100% pain-free, but better. I guess my core wasn't as strong as I thought. They will tell you that the 'pretty' ab muscles aren't the ones that matter for this.

Funny no one here has mentioned how this hobby is probably one of the worst for folks with back problems. Moving gear around, reaching behind to plug/unplug interconnects. Could there be a worse situation? Of course I have Tony B. wanting me to hurry-up with my reviews on new gear :D;) Luckily, class D stuff isn't as heavy, and my young wife is happy to help :) ... with a lot of things B)

That is how I get some of my best physical exercise. Just look in the past month. lugging 4 80lb. speakers around. A 50lb. subwoofer today carried for 50 ft. :D . If I didn't have an Audio passion, I'd be below ground by now.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    Hmm; Just this past week I've gotten complete relief from nagging back issues that have been plaguing me for the past 6 months. The source of the problem was my wallet in my back pocket and sitting on it for a few hours a day. My line of work requires a strong back and I seriously thought this was the end of the line for me as I could barely bend enough lace up my work boots. It took a couple weeks of no more back pocket wallet but the pain is gone now and back strength is 99% of what it was before the problem.
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Hmm; Just this past week I've gotten complete relief from nagging back issues that have been plaguing me for the past 6 months. The source of the problem was my wallet in my back pocket and sitting on it for a few hours a day. My line of work requires a strong back and I seriously thought this was the end of the line for me as I could barely bend enough lace up my work boots. It took a couple weeks of no more back pocket wallet but the pain is gone now and back strength is 99% of what it was before the problem.

Voila!!...Wallet is posistioned right where the Piriformis muscle is located deep in your glute...How about that?...
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Msabot1 wrote: »

Voila!!...Wallet is posistioned right where the Piriformis muscle is located deep in your glute...How about that?...

About time for this.
    https://youtu.be/yoPf98i8A0g