On a binge again...

1235»

Comments

• mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 1,811
    I’ve got to reduce my stash of audio equipment before I find something really awesome at goodwill and I’m told no because “you already have too many speakers”
    I in fact found a pair of Bowers and Wilkins 800 series bookshelf speakers, and my mom told me no. I tried to convince her they were worth hundreds of dollars, not the 50 they were asking, and she didn’t believe me. I showed her the speakers online later and we went back but they were already gone.
    Not Tom, or Trey, or Jim
    Main setup:
    Speakers are one of three, Mission Freedom 770 IV’s, Polk LSi25’s, or Polk SDA-CRS (stock XO, SL2000’s, Blade/Blade model). Electronics are as follows: for the LSi’s and SDA’s, a Technics SU-v75 acting as a phono preamp, into a Yamaha RX-v665, into a Crown XLi800 power amplifier. For the Missions, I have a Lafayette LR-1100. Turntable is a Technics SL-3200, with a Shure M97xE. Cables are generic/soon to be replaced garbage.
    An old post I found on AK, from 2013.
    I've always thought the goal of high end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 5,888
    Good things don't last more than a few hours around here.

But I stopped going because I really don't have the space to even rotate my stuff anymore. I need a storage unit! A big double size storage unit! Like 40x30. :D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,518
    Don't get a storage unit. The second you have to get a storage unit, you are admitting that you have a hording problem.
    Tony M wrote: »

But I stopped going because I really don't have the space to even rotate my stuff anymore. I need a storage unit! A big double size storage unit! Like 40x30. :D

Got Dayens?
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 5,888
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Don't get a storage unit. The second you have to get a storage unit, you are admitting that you have a hording problem.

I just checked the prices of storage units and I won't be renting one. They want about 90.00 a month for a 5x15. That would clear a lot of space for me but I think trying to sell would be the smarter financial move for me at this point!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,657
    Clipdat wrote: »

Lies!!! It's a well procured collection.
    So, I did a thing today....

8dwl0h1cf55g.jpg

Boxes are intact and original IC, also came with a Euro spec NAD 7155, a pioneer single deck, a pro-ject table and some Goodwill fodder (DVD player and VHS)

Was really hoping when he said SDA they were 2A/Bs, but I'm ok with this ;)
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,518
    Nice score buddy!
    Got Dayens?
    Paid a bit more than I wanted, but it was still fair. Just need to find a counter weight for the pro-ject. It's my first "real" table. I'm excited. Can't wait to start the upgrades :D
  • verbverb Posts: 2,970
    Wow they look clean! Nice get Festivus!
    Basement: Polk SDA 1C's, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, Rotel 1580 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Carver TX8 Tuner, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    verb wrote: »
    Wow they look clean! Nice get Festivus!

They are, save for the grill snags and some vinyl veneer shrinkage. They'll be getting really wood veneer soon enough.
1235»