Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited June 2018
    Wow, I remember doing repairs on the original Ninja Turtles arcade game.
    Very cool
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited June 2018
    Tony M wrote: »
    I just checked another city's Craigslist and what do I frikn find? It's too far away for a simple road trip. My wife would have a cow if I suggested we go. Sucks! Maybe not. I emailed them. We'll see. 250.00 :o It's a model from 2003 I think. It may be OLD!
    3yyfna8up37j.png
    https://eastnc.craigslist.org/ele/d/pro-ject-lp-turntable-with/6619584787.html

:D:p
    A very nice Lady called me tonight :o and we have set up a next Sat. road trip (probably) to meet each other half way. I might have gotten a cool TT. The owners are 75+ and she said he babied it. They just gave away 1500 "mint" classical records to a neighbor. :o

This is the same Model Pro-Ject TT it seems from the web. But the motor top cover is different. VVVVV
    Sumiko Pro-Ject Perspective
    Acrylic offering from Pro-Ject

$849
    SOLD
    sh8wyhmvk3dr.png

Call us at 773-935-HIFI (4434)
    This beautiful acrylic turntable from Sumiko's Pro-Ject, appropriately named the Perspective, is much more than a very cool looking turntable. Its thick acrylic base is a near perfect non-resonant material while its suspension carefully holds a heavy sub-plinth housing the platter, its bearing, and the tonearm assembly. The resulting sound is a very tight and deep bottom end and a sparkly but not overbearing treble. Shown here with a used Sumiko Blue Point, this combination gave way to very involving presentation of our MoFi version of American Beauty. All instruments sat in the mix exactly as intended and nothing was overly pronounced.
    This particular one is in great condition. We tested it extensively and found that all it needed was a suspension adjustment. You'll notice that the belt shown in the photos is in dire need or replacement but a new one has been ordered and will be included with the sale. All original accessories are included as well as original box and packing. Please note: this turntable requires you to change the entire motor when switching between 33 and 45 (33 and 45 rpm motor included). While the cartridge shown here is included we do not guarantee its condition or warranty it. You should plan on replacing this cartridge.

Post edited by Tony M on
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    No thanks:

"Please note: this turntable requires you to change the entire motor when switching between 33 and 45 (33 and 45 rpm motor included)"

• CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,022
    Never stop having fun!!!
    knn7bgzrcfft.gif
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • Tony M
    I don't own any 45's and probably never will. ;):)
    Clipdat wrote: »
    No thanks:

"Please note: this turntable requires you to change the entire motor when switching between 33 and 45 (33 and 45 rpm motor included)"

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    crw0f5nd15bd.jpg

YES! I now can carry 1 more taco!!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited June 2018
    I find it deeply ironic that my Taco doesn't have one of those :|
    I think that it is too old.

6520l04e7wmy.png
  • mlistens03
    I think these speakers might be slightly too big for that room.

00P0P_d9VmpSMZrLq_1200x900.jpg

00606_f1F8M1sP9mG_1200x900.jpg

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/d/dunlavy-sc-speakers-sc-5-high/6626152309.html

Is that possible?
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I find it deeply ironic that my Taco doesn't have one of those :|
    I think that it is too old.

6520l04e7wmy.png
    5800 ?
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450
    Little backhoe does wonders
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450
    edited June 2018
    Had to grab a heavy rock with backhoe & chain this chunk of granite to the front bucket. Didnt want to drag it n destroy the area. Went 100 ft to where its pictured. I guess around 2000 pounds or more. She did it. Zoey's (granddaughters) campsite is about done
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450
    4ft by 6ft firepit. Backhoe rocks in place. Perfect where it is so windy here all the time. Few more stumps to haul down to brush pile n lay some loam n seed down :) slow process because i work 5mins n take 15min break :) She will enjoy this for years to come
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450
    edited June 2018
    mlistens03 wrote: »

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/d/dunlavy-sc-speakers-sc-5-high/6626152309.html

Is that possible?
    Yup. Got a friend who has these & they sound amazing Too big for his place also
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450
    edited June 2018
    mlistens03 wrote: »

Is that possible?
    Opps. Double post
    Randy/Maine
  • mhardy6647
    Backhoes are expensive. Someday... ;)

Tractor is my son-in-law's; we have an understanding (i.e., I borrow it once or twice a year to bushwack).

It's an MX4800.

Once one has a tractor, one becomes quickly aware of how many tasks there are for which a tractor is exactly the right tool.

:)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Once one has a tractor, one becomes quickly aware of how many tasks there are for which a tractor is exactly the right tool.

:)

Yep, those bigfoot bodies weigh a ton.

Big property requires big boy tools bro. Wish I had a Bobcat myself, save the 'ol back for many tasks.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Tony M
    Music related tattoos. Some are really cool. I saw a 9 pinTube, a Technics TT and plenty of boomboxes and cassettes. Def. worth a look. B)
    https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=tattoos+of+stereos&qpvt=tattoos+of+stereos&FORM=IQFRML
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    That answers that question finally. lol3bbq7fnw0k67.jpg
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mlistens03
    tonyb wrote: »
    That answers that question finally. lol

Yes! Finally, I can now take a dump without worrying I’ve done it wrong!! :tongue:
  • mhardy6647
    It is, of course, reversed in the Southern hemisphere to harmonize with the Coriolis Effect.

B)
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    I just checked another city's Craigslist and what do I frikn find? It's too far away for a simple road trip. My wife would have a cow if I suggested we go. Sucks! Maybe not. I emailed them. We'll see. 250.00 :o It's a model from 2003 I think. It may be OLD!
    3yyfna8up37j.png

A very nice Lady called me tonight :o and we have set up a next Sat. road trip (probably) to meet each other half way. I might have gotten a cool TT. The owners are 75+ and she said he babied it. They just gave away 1500 "mint" classical records to a neighbor. :o

This is the same Model Pro-Ject TT it seems from the web. But the motor top cover is different. VVVVV

$849
    SOLD
    sh8wyhmvk3dr.png

This beautiful acrylic turntable from Sumiko's Pro-Ject, appropriately named the Perspective, is much more than a very cool looking turntable. Its thick acrylic base is a near perfect non-resonant material while its suspension carefully holds a heavy sub-plinth housing the platter, its bearing, and the tonearm assembly. The resulting sound is a very tight and deep bottom end and a sparkly but not overbearing treble. Shown here with a used Sumiko Blue Point, this combination gave way to very involving presentation of our MoFi version of American Beauty. All instruments sat in the mix exactly as intended and nothing was overly pronounced.
    This particular one is in great condition. We tested it extensively and found that all it needed was a suspension adjustment. You'll notice that the belt shown in the photos is in dire need or replacement but a new one has been ordered and will be included with the sale. All original accessories are included as well as original box and packing. Please note: this turntable requires you to change the entire motor when switching between 33 and 45 (33 and 45 rpm motor included). While the cartridge shown here is included we do not guarantee its condition or warranty it. You should plan on replacing this cartridge.

250.00????? Dude..if that's on the up and up don't boink yourself in the head and exclaim...'I shoulda had a V8'...
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    tonyp063 wrote: »
    3g4sql2sjofl.png

My two would shred the heck out it no matter how it is loaded in the dispenser...LMFAO!...
  • Tony M
    Msabot1 wrote: »
    3yyfna8up37j.png

$849
    SOLD
    sh8wyhmvk3dr.png

250.00????? Dude..if that's on the up and up don't boink yourself in the head and exclaim...'I shoulda had a V8'...

It is. The elderly lady was sooo sweet talking to me. I could tell it was for real. ;)
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    edited June 2018
    It also has a Sumiko Blue Point No. 2 on it which is a $450 stylus.

https://www.turntablelab.com/products/sumiko-blue-point-no-2-mc-cartridge

Edit: My bad, I was looking at the stock/internet photo instead of the actual Craigslist photo.

In the Craigslist photo, it looks like it has a Grado Prestige Black 1 cartridge, which still is a $75 stylus.

https://www.turntablelab.com/products/grado-prestige-black1-cartridge-p-mount