RIP Richard “Old Man” Harrison....

Options
nooshinjohn
nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
edited June 2018 in The Clubhouse
Pawn Stars patriarch Richard Harrison, known to fans as the Old Man, has died in Las Vegas...

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/06/25/richard-old-man-harrison-pawn-stars-dead-at-77.html

I think he was the very best part of the show. Rest in Peace and Godspeed.
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    RIP
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    I agree. His thoughts were always a great part of the show. Heck, he started that business after his service to the Military. A truly self made millionaire. Him being a workaholic got him to where he was. He always opened the shop! He, like my parents, drank coffee all day, every day. It's just what they did.

The "Old Man" said " Coffee is the nectar of the Gods" I believe.

It seemed like he lived a great and full life and provided a living for a whole lot of people also.

I loved the episode when the "Old Man" bought those BIG pure silver figurines of two Indians. I loved them too.
    Well, his son Rick, asked his dad how much in melt value they would be compared to what the "Old Man" paid for them.

MELT VALUE?!!!! Are you crazy son!

These are works of art! I think he said.

I always looked for those figurines on the shelf in the back ground of many, many episodes. I think they were valued at 6K. If I had hit a Lottery, I had planned on going and buying them. Getting my picture with the "Old Man" and them and I together!

I always loved his wit and humor!

And where he got his hair cut was also a cool side to him most never knew about. B)

RIP Mr. Harrison. Thanks for the wisdom and laughs! ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,972
    Options
    He was the best part of the show. I thought he was older than 77 though. RIP.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    Options
    R.I.P He was the best part of the show....
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,759
    edited June 2018
    Options
    RIP.

I remember the episode where Chumlee took him for a ride in his Regal after Count installed hydraulics....funny ending to that episode.

https://youtu.be/qMfLde-7zgo
  • Tony M
    Options
    "Old Man":Get it back on the ground and take me home. :D

He was always blunt and to the point! :D
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Awww man!!...He loved his coffee..And what came to mind was the episode when they ran out of coffee at the shop and he sent Chumlee out to get some..Came back with kopi luwak..Old man said Chum...This is damn fine coffee...before finding out where it came from..the crews reaction was hilarious to say the least...RIP...
    Post edited by Msabot1 on
  • BMF35
    BMF35 Posts: 86
    Options
    The Fair well episode last night was too much. Brought up tears for my dad too often trying to watch it.
  • Tony M
    Options
    I missed it. Darn!!! I hope they replay it.