OPPO UDP-205 Limited Suppy is Happening now!!

Comments

• headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    headrott wrote: »
    I just want a good 4K player. This would be my first choice. Screw the scalpers.

If I can get a couple more later this summer, I will and do the same thing. I stay home and care for my son, so I need to make a buck or two any way I can.

The one I have in my rack is a permanent feature.
    headrott wrote: »
    I just want a good 4K player. This would be my first choice. Screw the scalpers.

If I can get a couple more later this summer, I will and do the same thing. I stay home and care for my son, so I need to make a buck or two any way I can.

The one I have in my rack is a permanent feature.

Understood John. No offense intended towards you. I mean those that are buying and reselling to make money to blow, on blow, etc.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009

WOW , your right!

I thought scalpers are people who take advantage of people during a natural disaster.

Oppo going out of business isn't a natural disaster. IS IT? :D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I would love to see Oppo go, “After rethinking this, we will continue production for at least another year.” :)

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • stretchl
    stretchl Posts: 1,334
    Tony M wrote: »
    I wasn't expecting to get the notice so soon to tell the truth.

Tony, when did you put your name (email) on the list? Thanks.
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
    https://media.illinois.edu/journalism/ledford-charles-stretch
    bit.ly/stretchonphotojournalism
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    BlueFox wrote: »
    I would love to see Oppo go, “After rethinking this, we will continue production for at least another year.” :)

..., or two...

Guess there really are suckers born every minute...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892

WOW , your right!

I thought scalpers are people who take advantage of people during a natural disaster.

Gets it there the fastest with the mostest. They don't turn people upside down and shake em by the ankles for 4k players
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited June 2018

WOW , your right!

There's scalpers of almost anything that's limited. A lot of Nintendo stuff like their mini classic consoles were getting bought up by scalper bot programs faster than the people that actually wanted to buy one just to play it, for instance, then getting sold for many times over in cost back to that same person because the scalpers already bought them all and now it's the only way to get one. Same happens with concert tickets, limited edition records, etc.

I did want the NES and SNES Classics but not that bad. I'm not about to pay 3-4x the cost of one to a middle man. A lot of people were apparently okay with it though.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    Mine will be here today...
  • Tony M
    edited June 2018
    stretchl wrote: »
    I wasn't expecting to get the notice so soon to tell the truth.

Tony, when did you put your name (email) on the list? Thanks.

I don't remember but it wasn't that long ago. It should be in the other Oppo 205 thread though.
  • Tony M
    April 7th;

I signed up for the future releases.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    1wxx91f65h4h.jpeg
    We want reviews! Pics! Etc.!
  • stretchl
    stretchl Posts: 1,334
    edited June 2018
    April 7th;

I signed up for the future releases.

Thanks. I guess by signing up a day ago I’m SOL. Now traveling in Indonesia. Here in Jakarta the units retail for US$2,000. I can only find one dealer who has them, just got five in from China yesterday. Debating whether or not to bite...

Also, fwiw, oppo phones are a huge chunk of that market here.
    Post edited by stretchl on
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
    https://media.illinois.edu/journalism/ledford-charles-stretch
    bit.ly/stretchonphotojournalism
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
  • Toolfan66
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    1wxx91f65h4h.jpeg
    We want reviews! Pics! Etc.!

I already have one in one of my systems, this one will go in the other one.. :wink:
  • Toolfan66
    la2vegas wrote: »
    1wxx91f65h4h.jpeg

I'll give you $2800 for it, NOT! :D

LOL!!!!

• nooshinjohn
    I'll give you $2800 for it, NOT! :D

LMAO...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • simm
    simm Posts: 562
    Mine is now 2 hours away. I should get it tomorrow afternoon. Looking forward to playing around with it.
  • nooshinjohn
    Good thing I flipped mine when I did... just in time to buy tires for my wife's car. Can someone explain why a well educated woman driving a car that has TIRE PRESSURE MONITORS that tell her she has a friggin problem, can run a tire through to the rim before finally telling me she has a leak?

So much for having something to put in the bank. :(

• BlueFox
    $2800 for tires! LOL.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nooshinjohn
    2800 sell price minus 1400 purchase after taxes leaves 1400...

A grand for tires and road hazard, an oil change and a cabin filter later and its gone. :o

• BlueFox
    2800 sell price minus 1400 purchase after taxes leaves 1400...

A grand for tires and road hazard, an oil change and a cabin filter later and its gone. :o

Duh. Higher math. I always said math was women’s work. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    I will not pay more for any Player then retail. I'm not even a fan of Retail pricing most of the time unless the unit is one of those gems that performs well above it's retail price then I'm fine with it.
    Oppo isn't going to be the last high end player. I'm sure someone else will step up and make something nice. If I get one I get one if I don't O well. I'm actually beat checking my email everyday and not getting one.
    Sony is coming out with a new ES model later this year , Pioneer is also releasing a Universal player so there is at least 2 choices for me up coming.
    For now I'm just gonna use my super entry level Sony UDP-X700 until a worthy replacement comes around. I may even pick up a Sony UDP-X1000es just to have a better quality player and forget about Dolby Vision for now. I only have a few disc's anyway and there isn't many on the market I even want to watch anyway so I think HDR is the way to go right now.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Toolfan66
    edited June 2018
    mantis wrote: »
    I will not pay more for any Player then retail. I'm not even a fan of Retail pricing most of the time unless the unit is one of those gems that performs well above it's retail price then I'm fine with it.
    Oppo isn't going to be the last high end player. I'm sure someone else will step up and make something nice. If I get one I get one if I don't O well. I'm actually beat checking my email everyday and not getting one.
    Sony is coming out with a new ES model later this year , Pioneer is also releasing a Universal player so there is at least 2 choices for me up coming.
    For now I'm just gonna use my super entry level Sony UDP-X700 until a worthy replacement comes around. I may even pick up a Sony UDP-X1000es just to have a better quality player and forget about Dolby Vision for now. I only have a few disc's anyway and there isn't many on the market I even want to watch anyway so I think HDR is the way to go right now.

Agreed!! Remember this is still the first round, there are two rounds left, the third will be the largest, and my guess is that will be in August...

• scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    I put my email on the list for the 205 back in March or April. Got the "confirm email address" email from Oppo a couple months back, but haven't gotten an email to order yet. Honestly, I have no use for the 205, and really can't afford one anyway. If I do get the email to order, I'll gladly offer it to someone here who can use the 205.

What I really want is a 203 and I should have just bought one back when they were available and when I put my name on the list for the 205. I wouldn't be taking advantages of the audio improvements of the 205 for my use, so it would be overkill for my HT. If anyone has a 203 and would prefer a 205, maybe we could work something out should I get the order email...
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    Get out and put your name on the 203 list Al, I did both and got registered for both. My 205 will be here 7/5/18. I couldn't afford it either yet I put that sucker on the credit card and will do the same for the 203 then pass it along to someone.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Get out and put your name on the 203 list Al, I did both and got registered for both. My 205 will be here 7/5/18. I couldn't afford it either yet I put that sucker on the credit card and will do the same for the 203 then pass it along to someone.

I'm in with 32, great karma @pitdogg2. :)

Get out of the sun pal.... lol

• Toolfan66

I'm in with 32, great karma @pitdogg2. :)

Get out of the sun pal.... lol

Did I mention that it's gonna be hotter than hell here in the next few days. >:)

https://youtu.be/ub04RvbvOIM

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    My 205 link said sold out???? wth???