Do you ever forget to just enjoy the music?

13»

Comments

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Get a room already...

Remember I couldn't even get a life...how can I afford a room?!?! :p
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Get a room already...

Remember I couldn't even get a life...how can I afford a room?!?! :p

Motel 6... they will even leave a light on for you.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    DSkip wrote: »
    Congrats Cody! I wish I could get a promotion, but there's nowhere to go but down when you're the owner.

You're a more determined man than I. I ran my own marketing business for about a year and called it quits after that. Made good money just couldn't keep up with all the little administration things.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    Funny I just saw this thread and did exactly that last night for about an hour and a half.
    I've been so wrapped up in 4k HDR and Dolby Vision last night I decided to just sit back, play some stuff on Sonos and then run a few actual CD's.
    I got to let go for an hour and a half of not studying my system, tweaking it to perfection, etc. I just sat back with a bottle of Cab from Dreaming Tree California and let go.
    It's the first time in a very long time I've done that. The only down side to listening to music a lot is I'll start moving my attention back to audio only and pursue a musical system again.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • stuwee
    stuwee Posts: 1,508
    Cody, yes I do. The ML Summit's are ruthless of all upstream, no crossover from the high bass to the sphere, nothings perfect, I love the 'stat speed, clearness and clarity. I pull out some tubes in the pre section, get all tingly and salute!! :p

I would love to hear the big Polks driven by my SAE 1001A in a nice big room, even some demanding 2 ways...
    Thorens TD125MKII, SME3009,Shure V15/ Teac V-8000S, Denon DN-790R cass, Teac 3340 RtR decks, Onix CD2...Sumo Electra Plus pre>SAE A1001 amp>Martin Logan Summit's