Office/Nerd Cave/2 Channel Finally Done

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Because at even 4K resolution, I still wouldn’t be able to fit the number of open windows/dashboards I need to have open at any given time.

Yeah, didn't think about that.... too many other things on my mind right now lol...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    Looks great Ryan....enjoy, nuthin' nerdy about it in my book.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    Official lightman seal of approval....

That's not his thumb chief.... :D
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,639
    Thanks Tony...that's a visual worse than Tom in your room.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,636
    lightman1 wrote: »
    yh15tm30y22v.jpg
    Official lightman seal of approval....

Ugliest foot I've ever seen...
  • tonyb
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Thanks Tony...that's a visual worse than Tom in your room.

I don't know about that Ryan....and I still have that pic on my phone for some reason. Every time I need a laugh I guess. I should send it to Tom's wife, maybe she can frame it and hang it over their bed. :)

Judy tells me...that Russ's big toe is about right, ya know....for that analogy about a man's feet.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,775
    Best 15 seconds of her life, Tony.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Nice setup Ryan!
  • EndersShadow

Stop rounding up by 10 Russ ;)
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • tonyb

LOL...give that woman a hug and Kiss from us. Lea also wanted me to tell you happy birthday and we both look forward to seeing you guys again. Don't ask me why, but she kinda likes you Russ. :p

Which I promptly made her go see the doctor for.... :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    How do you like the Clear Audio cart?
    I have a project debut IIi and the same Cambridge phono and have been eyeing that or the Ortofon Om blue
    Beautiful space btw. Wish I had a dedicated room like that.
  • lightman1
    tonyb wrote: »

LOL...give that woman a hug and Kiss from us. Lea also wanted me to tell you happy birthday and we both look forward to seeing you guys again. Don't ask me why, but she kinda likes you Russ. :p

Which I promptly made her go see the doctor for.... :)

Its my undeniable Southern charm...
    Thanks to both of you.
  • ZLTFUL
    joecoulson wrote: »
    How do you like the Clear Audio cart?
    I have a project debut IIi and the same Cambridge phono and have been eyeing that or the Ortofon Om blue
    Beautiful space btw. Wish I had a dedicated room like that.

Having moved from a low end AT cart to the Concept, it is a vast improvement. Plus it is very easy to set tracking force with and tracks nicely.
    So far, I think it punches a bit above its price point but it is no Sumiko Blackbird (My personal reference cart)

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    Sweet lookin room!!! B)
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • EndersShadow
    I got to listen to my old babies tonight....

Damn it I miss them!

The Silverlines and Epik Empire are nice, but those Ushers just do it FRIGGIN RIGHT!

fn476zh9f5fb.jpeg
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Very nice! An inspiration to us all that have a bland basement. Like mine. Unfortunately that is way down on the list of projects. Got the 2-channel rig setup, working on the 11.2 setup, but the surfaces need a complete refinish. Eventually! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • haimoc
    haimoc Posts: 1,030
    The system looks beautiful. I like your DIY racks, too.
  • ZLTFUL
    Thanks. I am very happy with how they turned out.

• hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Beautiful space and gear. Looks like a guy could go off grid in there for quite some time. :)
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Love what you done! Rock on!
    zfel1mhd84gd.gif
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • ZLTFUL
    Some updated pics from today although nothing has really changed...

2zja5hm1psg9.jpg
    4vxf8hrz5vqz.jpg
    7ar041mfe1d6.jpg
    eshg91ol47qj.jpg

• EndersShadow
    I wish I'd had longer to sit and enjoy it. I'm jealous :smile:
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    How do you like the AMC amp?
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • lightman1

I like it. I tried to steal it.
  • ZLTFUL

Love it actually.
    So the story behind it is, I found it on eBay back in like 2012 and mentioned it to my wife. She said if I wanted it, I should just get it.
    So after a couple of days of research, I decided to pull the trigger.
    But it had already sold (buy it now).
    I sent a text to my wife stating as much and that oh well it wasn't meant to be and I should keep looking.
    She acknowledged the message and said she was sorry that I had missed out.

Fast forward a few weeks later and a package arrives addressed to my wife.
    I set it on the table on my way into the house but kind of wondered what my wife would have ordered from a company called "Retrodaze Audio Products".

Later that evening, she asks me why I haven't opened my package yet...
    I pointed it out that it was addressed to her.
    She rolls her eyes and tells me to just open it.

Inside is the AMC amp I had missed out on.
    Turns out that she had bought it herself and then had it shipped to Retrodaze to be refreshed and modified.
    The CVT-2030 comes with the tubes soldered to the boards. She had it modded with sockets and a few caps were replaced/upgraded along with a few other refreshes performed.

I had mentioned the tubes being soldered to the board and that I wished it had sockets to be able to roll tubes. She took the initiative and researched it to find a company that was willing to do the mods and updates and wanted to surprise me.

The stock tubes were chucked and she had a set of Svetlana EL34s (not the winged Cs)ordered and put in.

I have since picked up a set of JJ EL34s and new Mullard EL34s but am always on the lookout for other sets of EL34s to try out.

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,636
    Wow, she's a keeper!
  • haimoc
    haimoc Posts: 1,030
    Amazing story on that great amp. You are a lucky man!
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,076
    ^^^ What they said. ^^^
    First vote for "Polk Wife of the Year"!
    Great looking gear and room!