Its been soooooo hot here...

Comments

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    we just had our hottest MAY in our history this year....but not many 100+ days this year so I agree with Skip that its been a more mild June! (so far)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007
    edited June 2018
    It's been hot here in Wilmington Nc. but the humidity has been kinda low for us. Then the storms will build up and pour rain for a while. It rained early today for some reason. About a 1/2 inch!

Thank God we've had a pretty good breeze all spring and summer so far.

I'm sure the beachgoers are getting fried if they don't use sunscreen.

I've done some outdoor work the past couple of weeks and I have to switch clothes after 2 or 3 hours some days.

Soaken wet, even though the humidity is low. I couldn't handle high humidity at my age anymore. I did it ALL my life. My body and heart have had there life's limit I think. ;)

My wife tells me quite often to NOT overdo it. But I usually do anyway. :#
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,636
    Nice weather finally arrived in Seattle and we're out of the country. Go figure....
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    It’s summertime gang it’s supposed to be hot!
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    treitz3 wrote: »
    . no one would ever be able to detect me at night unless they had a heat radar.

Tom

Wanna bet ? :D:D:D

So you went to Florida and stayed indoors ? lol. I like St. Augustine....nice pier. Hope you had a good time aside from the heat.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    I would rather have winter back !!!
  • stuwee
    stuwee Posts: 1,508
    Only 105F today, not bad, it's a dry heat. I lived in the Midwest and texas and I'd have to cut gills in my neck just to breath, how do ya'll deal with that??

Blessed rains coming soon in southern Arizona, blessed be, bring it Mother!!!
    Thorens TD125MKII, SME3009,Shure V15/ Teac V-8000S, Denon DN-790R cass, Teac 3340 RtR decks, Onix CD2...Sumo Electra Plus pre>SAE A1001 amp>Martin Logan Summit's
  • Tony M
    I've felt the need for gills myself on some dog days here in NC.
    I don't think my lungs could take Louisiana's or Florida's humidity anymore.

Years ago, up in Ashville NC. during the summers, down in the lower spots of the mountains, the humidity would settle and be downright foggy. We had to use caustion while working during those months. Super dangerous!

That's funny a heck...Gills.. :D
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    Andrea Bocelli tomorrow nite at the Bowl. Should be about 75 degrees under the stars. It will be the first nite my wife and I leave our son to the care of someone else(her parents) since he was born.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • stuwee
    stuwee Posts: 1,508
    Tony M wrote: »
    I've felt the need for gills myself on some dog days here in NC.
    I don't think my lungs could take Louisiana's or Florida's humidity anymore.

That's funny a heck...Gills.. :D

It's funny, yet very true, I'm a desert rat, I can smell a 5f degree dew point change in under a second >:) I'm used to 0 dew points and humidity, I understand how copd folks feel, hard to breathe, sucking a wet towel...

Try 108f with a dew point of 70, or 85% humidity,,,you'd just expire Hehe! Then the rains just can't resist...BAM!!! Hope your house is on a small hill. I so love those rains, the way the plants look two days later, refreshed, swollen and happy...
    Thorens TD125MKII, SME3009,Shure V15/ Teac V-8000S, Denon DN-790R cass, Teac 3340 RtR decks, Onix CD2...Sumo Electra Plus pre>SAE A1001 amp>Martin Logan Summit's
  • Tony M
    I see on that TV show, "Misfit Garage" in Dallas Texas, those guys would be soaking wet in minutes sometimes. I'm not sure if it's heat + humidity or just heat. But that BIG guy can't be doing himself good sweating like he does! I wish he'd loose that belly.

The humidity in the southern states IS brutal in the summer. :#
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,449
    One thing about San Diego is it doesn't get that hot here. sure we will have a few 100+ days but for the most part not bad. On the other hand it does cost 30% more to live here which is my audio gear fund.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.Family Room:Samsung UN75RU710DFXZA, Denon AVR-X4400H, Emotiva XPA3 GEN3Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, WD Live HUB .Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15Sub: SVS SB2000 Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Cerwin Vega AT-12 (blasters) SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    Titusville, Florida
    26 Jun 2018, 4:56 PM

Clear
    89°F
    Feels Like
    106°F
    Humidity: 77%
    Wind Speed: 8mph
    Wind Direction: 110°
    Dew Point: 81°
    Visibility: 10mi

Tonight: Scattered thunderstorms during the evening. Partly cloudy skies after midnight. Low 73F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

That feels like number is enough to keep one inside letting the grass grow another day
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,188
    It's been a liiiiiittle bit cooler here in the Carolinas. A welcome relief even though we still have to swim in our sweat to move around outside...

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • BMF35
    BMF35 Posts: 86
    D/FW sucks every year. +100 days in a row over 100 degrees gets old quick! Can't see this year being any different. At least this year I may actually be working in a climate controlled building instead of fan blowing hot air garage like in the past. Probably still have another heart attack every three months though even in A/C.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    Very juicy outside today...……..

Titusville, Florida
    30 Jun 2018, 2:56 PM

Few Clouds
    88°F
    Feels Like
    122°F
    Humidity: 99%
    Wind Speed: 8mph
    Wind Direction: 130°
    Dew Point: 88°
    Visibility: 10mi
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,664
    Nice and cool down in the crypt.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    F1nut wrote: »
    Nice and cool down in the crypt.

Shut up jesse...
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    98 degrees today in SE Michigan. Humid. Working on inside projects today.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Coming up on 11 pm and it's still in the low 90's here, and, it's probably plus 10 in the plant. I'm getting too old for construction work. Be glad when production starts back up and I can babysit robots from an air conditioned room.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,007
    Yup We hit 94 yesterday and today and tomorrow it's going to be 100. Our issue here in Philadelphia PA is not just the high temp numbers but we have awful humidity. It always feels hotter then the temperature states.
    If you live out in California, you get to feel what the actual temperature feels like. I need to move out there.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,524
    Gray skies and lots of ash in the air thanks to the wildfires ~30 miles away. Ugh.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Mid 90's here. Too hot to paint baseboards outside, so I had to build a makeshift paint booth in the basement. Nice and cool down there.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,636
    Jeans and sweatshirt in PNW. Summer doesn't officially arrive here until July 5th...
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,524
    I don't recommend it.
    mantis wrote: »
    If you live out in California, you get to feel what the actual temperature feels like. I need to move out there.

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Lived in Chicago my whole life up until we moved to St. Louis in February.

Everyone I spoke to who has lived in St. Louis commented immediately on how brutal the humidity in the summer months can be. We skipped past Spring & went straight into the summer weather here and I heard a native of St. Louis remark that, "someone left the oven on" when describing the weather yesterday. I'm told this is only the beginning and that the humidity will get worse as the summer goes on (thanks to the mighty Mississippi river!).

So, if any Chicago natives think it's bad there, come on down to St. Louis and pay me a visit to see what humidity feels like when it's turned up a few notches :)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    St. Louis is a great place to live. Loved it when I lived there.
  • Tony M
    I spoke to a Grocery store manager last night. He said he loved it here in Wilm. NC. This year has been light in the humidity dept.. I said it's been great this year too. The rain every day almost and the partly cloudy days have brought a lot of relief too.

But I remember a lot of years where there was NO spring either. From cold to suffering! Humidity in the 80+ ranges. No rain in sight for weeks.

Then the Hurricanes would come with torrential rains and tear this City up bad!

A few times in my 32 years here have been nice weather wise. Like this year. It's been pretty darn nice!

But mostly, no springs and short falls. Hot Summers and cold Winters. ;)